Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

it appears to be this simple. Cancelled Indian sub, which runs until 12th of next month, and connected to Arg Vpn and resubscribed - didn’t even bother waiting til it ran out. Went through no problem, just asked for a new payment method including address, even though one was on file. Very simple (assuming the payment goes through fine next month)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I did yes. Virtual revolut visa card. And a random Argentinian address from google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I use VPN express as its brilliant for streaming from HBO Max, they moved all their vpn servers out of India to Uk and Singapore and you can still connect in. Was going to change to Turkey or Argentina but no need to with them unless I decide to switch vpn companies.

Moved to turkey in 1 minute..Indian auto cancelled...used revolut card...I have family account so did not get full year turkey sub ! Thanks

• Advertisement

What are the risks of using Turkey ?

I was on Indian family plan ! It is allowed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

As the vpn is only needed for setup and I don't use it while using Youtube premium is there any need to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys if anyone is setting up a ARG or TURK family plan and they need an extra 'family' member, please shoot me a DM

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

My exact thinking. VPN is only needed for first time setting up YouTube Premium.

I updated my payment method to my new Revoult card last week (don't need VPN for that) so card has a few years on it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Hideki99235

I'd also love to jump on someone's sub and pay my way if anyone had a spot available.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Just cancelled my Indian sub and tried renewing in Argentina. Anyone having an issues using Revolut?

I manage to get to the payment page and I verify the ARS10 charge but nothing happens on Youtube after and just gets you to resubmit your payment details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I updated to my new revolut card with no issues last month and it was working away fine, even took a payment. Tried to use YouTube this morning and it said my payment needed to be updated. Now it's not taking my revolut card. I'll have to try sign up via somewhere else by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ggmad

I’m connected to Argentina VPN and trying to subscribe to YouTube premium via the app on my phone but I’m only getting the Irish price for the service.

What am I doing wrong?

I had previously been subscribed to Argentina version on this phone but since my revolut card expired I’ve tried to resubcribe with a new account but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I’ve updated my card a few months ago via India. Revolut - Mastercard.

I haven’t received the email users on the thread has been talking about. Everything is working ok. Do I need to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I don't think I got an email. It just came up today when I went to use YouTube premium that my payment has failed and it won't renew. I had changed my payment method a few months ago also.

I couldn't re-sign up through the app. It was telling me to change my location in Google to the country I am browsing from and that it could only be done once a year.

I did it through incognito mode on Google Chrome. It took a good few tries but it finally went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ok cheers. Thanks for the info.

I would love to join someone’s family plan - please DM me if interested

Has anyone signed up to YouTube premium recently using a VPN? I’m having no luck, only giving me Irish prices

Edit: you need to use NordVPN now, tunnel bear and Surfshark won’t work anymore

Post edited by ggmad on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just signed up to YouTube premium Turkey using windscribe, had to change after the YT India payment failed this month, took a while but got there in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I see my Indian premium sub is due to take money tomorrow, should I cancel tonight and resub to Turkey, or see does it go through first. Does it matter to a switch if payment doesn't go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

The payment on my Indian sub went through no problem yesterday. I'm not going to mess with it for as long as it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

went through for me today too.

Anyone having issues? payment didn't go through today and asking to update card and updated card again, verified payment in Revoult and then get an error on YouTube.

Have tried it with VPN on and off. No joy. Payment went through fine last month with the new Revoult card for India YT.

Couldn't get payment to work so just moved to Argentina sub, 2 minute job.

• Cancelled current Indian sub
    • Click 'Renew' new sub (with Argentina VPN on)
    • Paid in Ars179 (€1.50)
    • Entered random Argentina address for billing
    • Sub confirmed
    • Premium reactivated with same family members so no need to re-add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

I've logged in with NordVPN through Argentina but I see prices in USD.. How can I fix that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

Not sure why this is happening, but check that the IP address from NordVPN is showing as an Argentinian one. You can check that by going to ipleak.net while you have NordVPN switched on and set to Argentina.

If you're still getting USD prices and you have an IP address from Argentina I would suggest clearing your browser's history and using incognito mode / private browsing (don't know which browser you use, they should both do the same thing regardless of what browser you use.) and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's usually better to go incognito for these signups anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Yeah I was on an Argentinian IP and was using Incognito on Chrome. Tried Chrome, Firefox, tried another Google account too but no luck :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

It's a month on since the issue came up and same hassle about updating payment was on the membership page.

Same as last time, all i needed to do was put in my card security code and that seems to have worked.

Advertisement