Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

That was a very carefully stage managed outing, they were seated so as not to be photographed with William or Kate. She was her usual smug self in an ill fitting coat dress. Hopefully that’s the last we’ll see of them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he may have claimed that half in and half out was what he wanted, but so far it seems that it was more what he thought the queen and the rest of the RF wanted to hear.

simply saying i want a complete break would not have gone down well with the hangers on who actually run the institution.

he seems to be content with what he has got from any pics i have saw from him, why wouldn't he, he is relegated to the back ground and doesn't have to do any work for the RF meaning he is virtually ignored outside the daily mail and the sun.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I just had a click on the Daily Mail website to see the racist sexist coverage of H&M. Nothing but positive coverage despite everything that's happened. Descriptions of her as "elegant" and "typically glamorous". I can really see how she felt the need to escape such torment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The gruesome twosome and that silly juvenile holding hands like two love sick teens!!!

It was strange seen them both relegated to the back benches but appropriate nevertheless and actually it’s better for them as it takes a lot of pressure off them

• Advertisement

Strange seeing them there at all considering their contempt and mistrust and hostility towards the institution. Hard fooking necks the pair a them.

the DM are very suttle in terms of their racism generally, and as well as that they love to engage in gaslighting of their readership.

so they will say one thing one day and the exact opposite the next.

not strange at all, the queen is harry's granmother and whatever about the institution, the jubbly is for her and her 70 years in service, so he will be attending for her rather then the institution.

Nonsense… the Queen is the figurehead of the institution/crown. This is a celebration of the figurehead/crown/institution. Pure hypocrites!

Edit

• Advertisement

I must be missing that subtle racism. Can you give me an example from today? I might be a bit thick. I just don't see it. I just see neutral or positive coverage.

they are attending for the sake of his granmother, so not hypocrits at all.

the children will apparently get to see her as well which is long overdue and would have happened long ago but for covid, so that is another reason for them to attend.

Oh wow they didn’t attend the grub after, in the guildhall- considering that would have been a closed door event I would have thought they would have gone- but then again they’re only private citizens now without a role so why should they get an invite? Just strange to see them so out there on their own- it’s their own doing I guess - no one to blame but themselves

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10882197/Queens-Platinum-Jubilee-Prince-Harry-Meghan-return-Frogmore-Cottage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Most of that is pure speculation/opinion. He did state he still wanted to serve. That he wanted to be half in/half out.

You’re the first to point out hearsay and suchlike by the press but use it when it suits yourself….

it's not me who uses hearsay so your point is incorrect.

maybe they didn't want to attend?

ultimately only they will know and it's not a big deal either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

excellent, so if you could please provide some evidence for your statement it would be great…

“he may have claimed that half in and half out was what he wanted, but so far it seems that it was more what he thought the queen and the rest of the RF wanted to hear.

simply saying i want a complete break would not have gone down well with the hangers on who actually run the institution”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I kind of feel bad for Harry, whatever about not being a working royal anymore, on a personal level, it's got to hurt being relegated to the edges of your own family. Plus, it's slightly humiliating after a lifetime of being front and centre. It all seems really awkward and frosty between them but I guess that's their own doing.

On principle I would like to be threadbanned from this. Could a mod oblige please?

• Advertisement

In a thread about the inbred British royal family of nonces who do dress up to beat the band, l am accused of drama. Absolutely mind boggling that any self respecting Irish person could be obsessed with such a shower. Ban me please!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Completely their own doing, imo.

Bleating to all and sundry all over the media about how awful his family are, not to mention the accusation of racism. They are being kept firmly in their place now, and that included second row seats at yesterday's service.

Granny may be getting on in years but she is nobody's fool. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wait for their next explosive interview 🙄

How they felt so abandoned by made to sit away from H's immediate family in the church or how traumatic it was that some of the public booed them.

Sob.

To thine own self be true

hardly bleeting when chances are there is more truth to what they said then not.

i get it's hard to come to terms with the fact the RF aren't this fairy tale entity that is shown by all the pomp and nonsense but ultimately from all the information available, it's no fairytale.

i doubt it, the only thing that they might have a problem with is being booed, which lets face it that would be understandable given the booing wasn't really based on anything but cult fans being unable to deal with reality, along with some gaslighting by certain entities no doubt.

anyway the 2 of them are well out of it and i think the more time goes on the happier they will be.

If they are so happy, why bother coming back at all?

Or at least come over and visit granny in private at home to wish her well, there was no need for them to show up at the public events.

why not, who knows how long the queen has left, may as well visit as much as is possible and the kids are also overdue visiting their great grandmother.

they may as well attend for her sake as it will probably be her last big celebration on this scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭valoren

The divide between North and South Korea is closer than the Sussexes were to the primary Royals at the church service. It's fair to say William is done with him. Throwing Kate under the bus and them all collectively as trapped racists had consequences I guess. No money shots with any of them just more of the magnificent grey rocking. Having them walk in on their own to a mix of cheers and boos was the chefs kiss. Harry's demeanour spoke volumes. It perhaps finally hit home. It's now clear to everyone that they are no longer stars of the archaic Royal show. Doesn't bode well for any future engagements.

Unfortunately, Harry's usefulness might well be up. And we all saw what happens to people whose usefulness gets exhausted with Meghan. Like.her father. Her first husband. Her chef boyfriend. Like stages of a rocket which have been exhausted of their fuel as they propel the payload towards the stars they get discarded as dead weight once spent. Only problem is that all that effort is propelling a rather empty vessel.

Once the money dries up then Harry is toast and with him being an idiot in being so public with his mental health then he'll be an ideal mark for another abuse victim sob story. Domestic abuse? Paranoia? Protecting the kids? Pick away Meghan. I wonder will we see her go full Amber Heard on him though? Boy will he need his family then. They know he's an idiot in need of managing and would take him back in a much diminished role if it comes to it. In any case I don't see their marriage lasting and Meghan will be made a monetary offer she actually can't refuse.

Post edited by valoren on

I think they'll regret going to the jubilee. They haven't got any marketable media shots from it. They were well and truly put in their place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Picture of happiness!

Advertisement