Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Britain's Got Talent 2022

• 06-04-2022 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭

It will return on Saturday April 16th.

Judges are the same judges David Walliams, Alesha Dixon, Amanda Holden and Simon Cowell

Ant and Dec presenting.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I will watch tonight, or at least have it on in the background anyway.

I have a feeling though that I gave up on it early on, in the last few series.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ah it’s good to be back!

Love the robot first act . Very original and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it has run its course. Way too much time is allocated to sob stories.

I tend to record it and fast forward everything bar the act and the entire show is about 15-20 mins in total. Even that has become abit of an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hate these sob story acts even if they are good.

What act was he expecting his 3 and 5 year old daughters to do ?

he was in the audience presumably to watch them audition ????

I dunno …….

• Advertisement

Big Brother is returning 2023 . Might switch back to that for my reality tv fix :@

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Fingers crossed. I hope it does return. 😁

I am recording BGT and will skip most of the talky bits.

I just don’t agree with final act being on it

Simon clearly got her on for publicity

it goes against the essence of the show for me

That was a powerful performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ferm001

Britain’s got talent 1st golden buzzer goes to lady from New York 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm on +1

The last girl has an incredible voice.

Real talent.

Agree 100%, she's fantastic, what a voice....knocked it clean out of the park.......but TOTALLY GOES AGAINST the kinda 'ethos'....the raw idea of the show IMO

Just caught up. Yes, that's a strange one, she is already an established performer. Publicity stunt, by Simon, I guess.

I fast forwarded through most of the talky bits and the ads - not a bad opening night overall.

Back again tonight for the next lot of auditions. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mundane acts, and the over the top reaction from the judges

'' oh my god, best I've ever seen''

Comedian has a good personality

Dog act was very good too

Last singer was basically the name Susan Boyle

Amazing voice

Even more amazing eyebrows !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Not a patch on Susan Boyle. Susan Boyle was a once off, an undiscovered talent, a crazy cat lady with her own issues and a voice that only a person with those issues could have. Real emotion.

This is a manufactured Susan Boyle.

Reminded me of Mariah Carey at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anyone else not even find the comedian guy funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

David Walliams makes it completely unwatchable for me .

I have to catch up yet on last night's.

I liked the young ventriloquist from the first night and the magic act. The really young lads on the scooters will be very disappointed whenever they fail to get further. They were real cute little fellows but so young, not sure how they will cope with leaving.

I fast forwarded the robot and the invisible man or whatever that was, with Amanda on stage.

• Advertisement

The dance act Intelligent Minds...'The U.K. - England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales'... not that intelligent imo. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nothing really exciting tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I watched this on catch up and my first thought after seeing Tom Ball sing was that it really reminded me of Susan Boyle’s audition. I called my wife in to watch the recoding (she hates this kind of show, whereas I’m a karaoke addict and love watching the singers and I tend to fast forward through the other acts) and I told her that I’d seen this singer who really reminded me of someone else. The minute he walked on, she said “Susan Boyle?”.

I think he’s got a great voice and I don’t agree that he’s not a patch on Susan Boyle. Maybe he won’t have the same level of success as Susan Boyle, but I could definitely see him performing in the West End. And I agree that his eyebrows are somewhat amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ahh I think Im getting confused here. I thought the person was referencing Lauren who sang the greatest showman song Never Enough (she sang last as well) not Tom Ball.

She was like a Mariah Carey (even down to the hair) hence my comment.

He was really brilliant and definitely has a future in the West End.

I'm not a fan at all of that type of act, but that's very sad, poor guy.

That was a deserved golden buzzer, don't know how he did it but it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

That 9 year old signing was amazing! She should have got a golden buzzer!

Agreed.

Lovely child, as well, and very composed in answering the questions from the judges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That golden buzzer tonight was not deserved - what a weird mix of rap and piano, didn't work

Advertisement