Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

So you're concerned about the vaccines, you're not the only one. What's your concern now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I don't have any concerns about the vaccine.

The fact that it's been 186 pages and 5500 post and not once has any conspiracy theorist pointed out a reason to be concerned supports this.

As does the fact that you guys have had to resort to very dishonest tactics and now are reduced to just drunken rambling.

Let's be honest now. What other accounts have you posted on this forum under?

Well I'm posting under your profile right now, and over it.

Listen bud I'm going to a deep house gig and I'm looking forward to it, no masks required although it's slipped off here quite a few times... here. You win the debate this evening, I'll capitulate and walk away without any dignity, and sure if we hop off each other again I'll look forward to it. I'm done here. It's not good for me, I think you pointed that out a few times and I am taking a break from the Sharona debate's.... Good night

Mm hmm.

So in about a week or so, I'm expecting another freshly registered profile to swing by and talk about how they're "concerned" about the vaccines. And just have some questions. And just randomly found this piece of anti-vaxxer propaganda...

The phrasing about it not being good for him reminds me distinctly of a user who became incredibly abusive towards everyone in the thread a few months back. Wonder what account number this this is @gladvimpaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Shoog

Academic studies have shown bias at the BBC, it was most evident in the last election but its always been there since its time as the ministry of information. The BBC is not a trustworth source in anything related to politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

@gladvimpaker, @drunkmonkey, @snowcat and other non-conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorists, do you have a spare copy of the Conspiracy Theorist handbook please? You know the one that has chapters titled ”Deflection”, “Vagueness”, “Misrepresentation of data”, and “Just Asking Questions” . I accidentally threw mine in the recycling bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

another day, another re-reg

No definitely not, I am not the type of person to rereg. Some might do it but I couldn't be at that. It's not my style, it's all or nothing. People here think everyone will rereg and come back in, but I'm not going to have more than one account here. Why would I be putting myself in that position again ?

I'm done with the vaccine conspiracy subject, I'm sure you'll be here much longer than I whack a mole left right and center.

You must be tired of it too at this.

I'm sure a few more of our tribe will arrive and you can feed off them, we're seasonal. We're predictable and you can study us as we drop anchor and stay for a few weeks.

You'll be still here anyhow, you're predictable too. You need posters like us in order to function in the conspiracy theorist realm. If we're not here you'll have no one to to knock down in order to build yourself up. But I'm sure you'll be entertained. There's more of us than you :)

• Advertisement

Thank you for confirming that you are a re-reg or had multiple accounts. What were the account names? Always good to have honesty so we know where everyone stands.

mm hmm. That's nice.

However we've had plenty of experience with conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers reregging. Why they do it, we don't know and they won't say.

You've already announced that you're leaving, yet here you are still posting. Repeated dramatic exits are also a hallmark of conspiracy theorists in these parts.

And no, why would I be tired of this? All we need to do is to point out the obvious lies and contradictions in your position, ask you something really basic questions that expose how silly and ignorant your theories are, then watch you freak out, dodge and then run away. It's not that hard really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There's more of us than you :)

Don't think there is, otherwise how would you account for the vast majority of the population having leaped at the chance of getting the vaccines and return to normal without believing any of the rubbish spouted on here about fake safety issues, magnetic vaccine, 5g vaccines or Bill Gates trying to track us or sterilise us or kill us off in some other way.

Conspiracy theorists are the outlier in society.

Yes, when you come back I will be here and I’ll challenge nonsense and lies when I see them. It’s better than letting conspiracy theorists spread crap.

Yes, conspiracy theorists are quite predictable. The latest addition to their tools pretending to be just asking questions is so easy to spot though. CT’ists should really put more effort in if they want to lie about their stance. I’ve seen better fibs from my toddlers.

This tactic seems to be a result of the grifters shifting their grift away from detailed and specific claims. It's more profitable for them to keep things vague to allow the theories they're selling to fit with more worldviews. The best way to do this is to ask questions for their suckers to answer for themselves.

So when a grifter asks stuff like "Why are they pushing dangerous vaccines?", by not supplying it can fit with people who believe "Because they're trying to depopulate the planet" as well as with people who believe "cause they're just in it for profit." Or with people who think "it's the mark of the beast!"

And since conspiracy theorists seem to only be able to parrot what they hear from their grifters, they can only ask the same open ended questions.

Also, I think a lot of them have learned from previous interactions with friends and family that if they are open and clear about what they believe, the conversation never goes great for them. Either because what they believe is so ridiculous and/or they are not able to actually explain it. So they've found that sticking to vague, non-committal questions makes them sound cooler and more informed and mysterious than if they just admit they believe it's the lizard people or the Jews or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You can tell by the way conspiracy theorists never question each other, how much they question the grifters who are selling them these conspiracies in the first place.

*Whilst lecturing everyone else to "question everything"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Shoog

This is the very definition of what a CT'er does, he insinuates that he has some hidden knowledge which makes him superior to everyone else - he understands more of what going on. To be a CT'er is to puff yourself up and imagine yourself one of an enlightened elite.

Its so tiresome. the shrillness and stridency of the CT'er has somewhat diminished since its become obvious that most of them are getting their info from Russian troll farms 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

but remember not to question the parts that unravel the conspiracy.... surround those parts with mystery and Bill Gates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Investors have to told about potential risks

We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine and/or variant specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.

Direct from Pfizer’s annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) about how “profitable” their vaccine will be for shareholders. It states the following in the “Risk Factors for investors/shareholder’s section:

• Our revenue depends heavily on sales of our COVID-19 vaccine, and our future revenues from our COVID-19 vaccine are uncertain.
    • Our commercial revenue is based on preliminary estimates of COVID-19 vaccine sales and costs from Pfizer Inc., or Pfizer, that are likely to change in future periods, which will impact our reported financial results.

Strange how a suggestion anywhere apart from this tread that these experimental injections are not been given regulatory approval or been shown to be safe brings down the wrath of mods and has caused numerous accounts to be canceled, yet Pfizer say just that to the financial regulators and their investors?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement

And another out of context quote with no source misrepresented by an anti-vaxxer.

Is there a reason you're not providing a source?

Is it because you didn't get one in the tweet you're copying it from?

Or is it because you know the link doesn't actually support what you're claiming?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hahahahahahahahahaha

what an absolute tool you are !!!! did you actually read the document that that statement comes from????

what youve posted is the "Risk Factor" that they go on to answer

they clearly state:

Investing in the ADSs involves various risks. You should carefully read and consider the matters discussed in this Annual Report under the heading “Risk Factors,” which include the following risks

so....

Risk Factor:

We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine to obtain permanent regulatory approval in jurisdictions where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.

Response:

Our COVID-19 vaccine has been granted full U.S. FDA approval for individuals 16 years and older, emergency or limited use authorization in a number of countries and approval for use in certain other countries. Our COVID-19 vaccine has not yet been approved by regulatory authorities in many of such countries. We and Pfizer intend to continue to observe our COVID-19 vaccine and other variants of a COVID-19 vaccine candidate in global clinical trials. It is possible that subsequent data from these clinical trials may not be as favorable as data we submitted to regulatory authorities to support our applications for emergency use authorization, marketing or conditional marketing approval or that concerns with the safety of our COVID-19 vaccine will arise from the widespread use of our COVID-19 vaccine outside of clinical trials. Our COVID-19 vaccine may not receive approval outside of the emergency use setting in the countries where it is not currently approved, which could adversely affect our business prospects.

so the vaccine was granted licence BEYOND emergency use, and was given FULL APPROVAL in august 2021 in the USA

so your statement above :

these experimental injections are not been given regulatory approval 

is a lie... which makes you a liar.

quite a thick ignorant one at that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

your factually incorrect.

The vaccine has full license and approval from the FDA - it moved from 'emergency' license in 2021. the use of the vaccine in some circumstances / demographics is still under EUA .. it is fully approved for the main demographic.

Also - of course they can't predict with 100% accuracy of what the future revenues will be for the covid vaccine - as they have no certainty around when it will no longer be required, superseded by a different product / competitor .. which vaccines schedules it will be included on (if any) and of course how the new anti-virals will work.

So .. selective quoting from a 34 page document proves that you know nothing about it and it is a clear attempt by people to discredit the vaccine.

Clutching at straws really

and just so you can see - below from the horse mouth is the FDA confirming that Pfizer's vaccine is full approved for over 16s ..... not an emergency license ... not an experiment ... not a trial. So if you say any different you are telling lies, are misinformed or are just parroting nonsense you got from grifters.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Yup. Either didn't actually read the document beyond what was in the tweet he's stealing from. Which would make him a gullible mark for the grifters.

Or he did read it and left out that context on purpose, which would make him a liar.

So which is it @323? A or B?

Or are you going to be a coward and vanish from the thread without a response?

Context below: (clue: it's a disclaimer)

SEC filing for 2021.

D. Risk Factors

Our business is subject to various risks, including those described below. You should consider carefully the risks and uncertainties described below and in our future filings. If any of the following risks are realized, our business, financial condition, results of operations and prospects could be materially and adversely affected. Additionally, risks and uncertainties not currently known to us or that we currently deem to be immaterial also may materially adversely affect our business, financial condition, results of operations and/or prospects.

Investing in the ADSs involves various risks. You should carefully read and consider the matters discussed in this Annual Report under the heading “Risk Factors,” which include the following risks:

•Our revenue depends heavily on sales of our COVID-19 vaccine, and our future revenues from our COVID-19 vaccine are uncertain.

•Our reported commercial revenue is based on preliminary estimates of COVID-19 vaccine sales and costs from Pfizer Inc., or Pfizer, as Pfizer’s fiscal quarter for subsidiaries outside the United States differs from ours and creates an additional time lag. These estimates are likely to change in future periods, which will impact our reported financial results.

•We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine and/or variant-specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union, or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.

•Significant adverse events may occur during our clinical trials or even after receiving regulatory approval, which could delay or terminate clinical trials, delay or prevent regulatory approval or market acceptance of any of our product candidates.

•We face significant competition from other makers of COVID-19 vaccines and may be unable to maintain a competitive market share for our COVID-19 vaccine.

•We have only recently built our marketing and sales organization. If we are unable to continue to increase our marketing and sales capabilities on our own or through third parties, we may not be able to market and sell our product candidates effectively in the United States and other jurisdictions, if approved, or generate product sales revenue.

Note the word "may". You are an airline company, the risks that face your investors: your planes MAY crash, which MAY affect share price. It doesn't mean they will crash. Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Option C without a doubt. But that doesn't mean they're not a gullible mark and a liar too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Pfizer’s annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine and/or variant specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.

Also, in the “Risk Factors for investors/shareholder’s section

Our revenue depends heavily on sales of our COVID-19 vaccine, and our future revenues from our COVID-19 vaccine are uncertain.

Our commercial revenue is based on preliminary estimates of COVID-19 vaccine sales and costs from Pfizer Inc., or Pfizer, that are likely to change in future periods, which will impact our reported financial results.

Strange that a year ago, even a hint here that Pfizer’s shots were not approved could lead to a ban. Yet Pfizer’s documentation for investors clearly states they're still not approved.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nothing but a blubbering idiot at this stage

@323 When you don’t understand the document or context you make yourself Look foolish when you try to make it look like you understand. It’s ok not to understand something, but it is not ok to lie about it to push an agenda based on bullshit.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's what you claimed a few posts ago.

But several posters have pointed out issues with you claim. You are just ignoring them and spamming the same shite.

This seems to be because you aren't able toform your own opinions and arguments and can only parrot what you learn from Twitter grifters.

Why do you think that ignoring points and repeating the same lie again using the same phrasing and the same mindless Twitter commentary would convince anyone? Why do you think it makes you look like anything except a spambot?

You won't answer though. Conspiracy theorists aren't able to confront this stuff.

Advertisement