Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bromley52

That was announced about a month ago. Netflix has gone up in many regions including Ireland. It's still only about €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Just me or does this thread give anyone else anxiety?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Alot less anxiety once I got my new revolut card added

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

I have an account that is subscribed to Mexico at the moment. Has anyone in a similar situation let their subscription expire and resubscribe on a Turkish payment system?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Been trying for a while to add my Revolut card as a back up card (as my current credit card is due to expire in a couple of months) but kept getting asked for mobile no etc. Tonight i tried a another credit card (using VPN) and it was accepted - happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Yes I did that about a year ago. I'm happily "living" in Turkey ever since. Its important to make sure your Irish number is linked to your account. Mine wasn't so I had to do 1 month in Ireland, change my number, cancel the sub, wait for the month to run out and then joined Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did it in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

Yes it finally worked. So I went onto chat again and this time they gave me the form to update my card and all went through fine 😀 Now no need to worry about this again until 2027 😀

Before I went to live chat this time I did update my phone number to be my irish number. I had no number on my account before this so I dont know if this made a difference or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

My curve card is expiring next month, so been trying to add a revolut card as my backup - always fails looking for a turkish phone number, even though my irish number is listed on my account. frustrating.

Hoping that when my new curve card arrives I can update the existing payment method with it, rather than adding a backup card and it might go through a different flow avoiding the turkish phone number part. The phone number thing is a pox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine is the same, my card expires in 2027 (and backup in 2026) so I don't have to change cards until then.

It didn't cost anything

If it doesn't work out there's always the gift cards route. I loaded enough to cover me for the next 2 years. Works out around €5 per month for full 4 screen 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Tried the chat route - didn't get very far but didn't use VPN to access it. I got onto an agent and they sent me a link to the update payment section on my account

When I attempt to add my replacement Revolut card as an additional payment option I am getting the message - "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

The agent on chat seems to think that new new revolut card is not set up for recurring international payments but as far as I can see it is. I have also added in some Turkish lira on it just to be sure but still getting the same message.

Is the update of payment option through chat still going through the same online form as you use when accessing via account details directly??

Do I need to go on VPN to get this completed? I had used HolaVPN for this originally but I see its looking for a subscription payment for it now too. In case I need to use VPN are there free ones I can use?

Post edited by arrowman on

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Glad you got sorted :)

For me, it wasn't a link. I asked for the "in chat payment update option". It was a payment window that just popped up within the chat. Maybe that is what you got though..

I used a VPN and incognito so I would suggest trying that. My VPN is "Keepsolid VPN Unlimited" which you should be able to get a trial of for free.

There is settings on the Revolut card - you can turn off online transactions for example. Unlikely to be the cause, unless you changed them, but worth a look in the app to make sure they look okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Thanks stdidit

Checked Revolut and settings all ok- made a purchase on Amazon in stg just to check it.

Will try that VPN you recommended and will specifically ask the chat agent for that in payment option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Tried to update payment info to my new Credit union master card and was getting a request to verify via sms but it's only giving option of entering a Turkish number even though i have an Irish number in my account settings .

So went on live chat and asked for the in chat update option, had to ask a few times but eventually got it and updated payment info.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Aguce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

I'm having a mare with this at the moment, logging in via incognito with the VPN set to Turkey, selecting live chat and then the update payment option, tried the main card and adding a back up card and no job, using new revolut card and also virtual card.

For the craic I logged into netflix ireland without the vpn and tried to update payment details and for through to verification via the revolut app however got the same error as above.

Anyone with even more basic steps that have already been mentioned as I'm at a loss for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You don't select the update payment option when you go to live chat. You have to start a chat and ask for it through an operator

Thanks Sleeper12, I just resumed my sub this morning. Great little deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Thanks - having awful trouble switching from Mexico to Turkey. To make matters worse now I can’t seem to resume my Mexico sub which used to revert back no problem in the past after my failed attempts to transfer to Turkey.

If memory serves, I moved from Mexico to Ireland. Changed Mexican phone number to Irish number. Cancelled Irish sub and waited for the month to expire. It was then I joined Turkey. Joining Turkey is the only time you need a VPN. No VPN required to buy or load the gift cards

I don’t think you can go directly to Turkey

So you can’t move directly from Mexico to Turkey, even with adding gift cards? Right now I’ve an expired Mexican sub (did the Irish sub many years ago on the same account) and in limbo because I can’t resume Mexico nor add the credit card for Turkey.

I was hoping I could buy the gift cards and load to my current Netflix account whilst using a Turkey vpn?

Maybe others moved directly but at the start of the thread I was told to move on to Ireland for a month first.

I let my Mexican subscription expire today but prior to that, I logged in and made sure I had a valid Revolut card on the system and also my phone number on the account.

This morning I turned on the Turkish vpn on my phone and logged in to Netflix. I popped in the gift card number and instantly restarted the membership again.

I know some people seem to have had issues with restarting their membership but it went okay for me. I hope that you have successful with your endeavours.

Thanks, after a bit of effort managed to add a months worth of Turkish Lira credit.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what happens after the credit is used up … would it take the payment from the Revolut saved on my account (but only used for Mexican payments in the past)?

Post edited by Joziburg on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Advertisement

I was having trouble following all the messages with solutions to the payment method, but managed to get it sorted based on whats been said before.

For simplicity, here is a step by step guide of what I did to fix the payment issue

1. Setup VPN - I used Norton Secure VPN - seems I have used my free trial on the majority of VPNs at this stage :)
    2. Within Revolut, moved 5 euro in a Turkish Lira account
    3. VPN'd to Turkey
    4. Opened incognito window on my phone, and logged into Netflix
    5. Went to the live chat
    6. I just typed in "I want to update my payment option"
    7. Kept selecting the option to talk to person
    8. Was asked to confirm my email address, and then a payment window opened within the chat
    9. Filled in the details for my revolut account
    10. The equivalent of ~1 euro was taken from my Turkish Lira account
    11. All done

Advertisement