Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is that your gaff? 😂

Today's ride was even better... Down as far as Wexford and back. A wee bit chilly today, but a nice ride all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It's class, rode from Gostyn (Poland) to Hanover, Honover to Rotterdam, over night ferry to Hull then rose to Liverpool. I arrived in Liverpool at lunchtime yesterday. Ferry back to Dublin tonight.

I honestly felt no discomfort, might as well have been in a car.

It needs a few bits tidying, there's a dent on the tank and i want to revert back to original indicators. Previous owner deleted the exhaust valve which throws the FI light but I'm happy I can deal with all that.

It's in good shape with no signs of winter use which is what I was after.

Good stuff!

Yeah for a sports bike, spending a whole day on it is easily doable.

Got out on mine on Thursday.

Always enjoy riding my one.

Easy to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

Nice.

• Advertisement

I gave a good blast of throttle in the 20th mi ute if anybody is watching the mersyside derby, hopefully you heard 🤣

My first bike, a lovely little Benelli BN251. Sold it yesterday.

... And the Benelli's replacement that will hopefully remain in my ownership for the next 10 years or so: a Yamaha TDM900.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yesterday. Did a short spin. It had been a while. Bike was perfect. Rider improved after a mile or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Picked it up a few months back, it’s taken a while to get it the way I like it but, it ain’t fast but is definitely fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hope you don't mind me posting someone else's bikes :) Was at the Shamrock Car & Machenery Cub show, Kildare, yesterday.

@Bluefoam LUUV your bike, is that a modern retro or a classic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I love that Guzzi you posted above.

Mines a 2019 V7... I've just changed a couple of things to get her looking that way. In fairness, they look great out of the box... They still have all the old Moto Guzzi specs: Transverse V Twin, Shaft Drive, Air Cooled etc. Loads of character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

I was trying to get to speak with the owner of the Guzzi, went back several timers but nobody there. Had an unusual rear suspension, could see the old disk type damper, but no sign of a spring.

I looked up your bike, very much in the style of say a Le Mans, from back in my biking days. Your seat really sets it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..there must be something Guzzi in the air lately............ was at a Rally in Clifden at the weekend, and there was a Falcone, a Lodola and for in the modern camp a V9 at it. Never seen a V9 in the flesh before: it's very, very nice.

Was at a Skills course recently and there was a lovely green Stelvio there, and a friend bought one. Two more bought a Cali III and a V7, and a couple of new V7's locally too.

Must be something in the water :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

A lad near me done a lovely spray job on a Guzzi Centauro that he picked up lately.

I'll get a pic if I bump into him again and think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Spain a few weeks ago. Did a fair few mods to make it into more of a tourer. Happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

That rothmans, nicely done!!

Like the SV tourer! Were the new handle bars plug n play?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

No unfortunately - the kit came from ABN in Germany. To look at YouTube you’d think it was an afternoon’s work. In the end I spent the best part of two days re-routing wiring and controls. Not a millimetre to spare anywhere and I had to run the wiring again from the connection block right inside the frame - air box etc all had to come out first.

I needed to make up an adapter for the brake line as the kit was for the ABS version. Lucky I had access to a machine shop at the time. Also needed to design and 3D print brackets to hold the brake fluid reservoir and the gubbins that joined up the brake lines. I’m very happy with it overall. I was afraid it would affect the poise and balance of the bike but happily not.

The bike’s a good compromise for me as my legs are too short for the DL….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Fair play, post some pics of that custom work!

Good on ya, sometimes its really worth making a bike fit the way you want. PYs off in spades with saddle time.

What range were you getting on the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭goblin59

ah sure we all know you don't like the big pigs :p

• Advertisement

Less a yer pig! Overfed hog is more befitting.

Hows yer respective meddlings working out man. The bimmer together? Last i saw things looked promising.

Advertisement