Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Ireland's biggest chancer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Tough **** for them, we were in the middle of a pandemic-induced lockdown and it was necessary for the pubs to be closed.

Those same “business owners” (who offer nothing to society) wouldn’t hesitate to step over the corpses of their customers for a euro, nor would they complain if they profited handsomely from the pandemic.

I won’t waste a second mourning after the market dictated that pubs should be closed during the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

My aunt cared for my Grandmother, priest used to visit once a month ,drink tea, few pleasantries with granny and £50 for his time (20 years ago), anyway granny died and at her funeral the useless bas$$$$ got her name wrong, Aunt didn't really bother with them after that

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I have a bag of magic beans here if any one of them is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭celt262

Didn't read whole thread any mention of Rory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Ben Gilroy and any of those entitled "Freeman" gobshites.

Gemma O Doherty and John Waters. Nuff said.

Mick Wallace and Claire Daly. Hypocrites of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

Mary Mitchell O'Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,829 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The guy with land in the south east who objected to Apple's data centre application in the hope it would be rejected so

they would then fall over themselves in their rush to buy his land for an inflated figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Mattie McGrath, Danny and Michael Healy Rae. Pure parish pump politics on a national scale and then to add insult to injury they run plant hire businesses and they win big contracts off their local councils. No wonder the Healy Rae's promise new roads in Kerry when they win the contracts to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

He should be prosecuted, it sickens me how he got away with it. Like Michael lowry, he may be a crook but he's 'our crook' shite. He's his own crook, in it for himself and playing ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Bertie rode and economic wave that was not of his doing, so sure he spent the cash on things like the arts, and was for fortunate that employment came with the economic boom. Did he create any of it though, or just profit off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,865 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bertie gets a hall pass simply because like him or loathe him, he was one of the better Taoisigh as regards the day to day running of the country and overall economic and social progress attained under his tenure... people countrywide could relate to him and empathize towards those facts. He supported the arts, sports, health...

Celtic Tiger was from about 1995-2007/2008...

Bertie was in situ from 1997-2008... so both Reynolds and Bruton his predecessors deserve some recognition...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭twinytwo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Keith Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Could throw John McGuinness in there too, all talk when it comes to contentious points but when the votes are required he sits by his masters leg in order to get his head patted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

That Rory Hearne lad is some bluffer. A hard left wannabe politician masquerading as an academic.

He spouts awful populist nonsense about housing while insisting on using the 'assistant professor' title everywhere he appears. Must love the sound of the professor bit but its basically an entry level teaching job in a small university. Needs to get over himself.

How Maynooth university allow him to appear using their moniker for credibility I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

House Of Prayer con artist Christina Gallagher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭HBC08

Both of these two clowns.

I've had direct dealings with Barry Egan and he actually comes across sounder in his articles than he is in real life,quite the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mary Robinson , the grift is strong with that one

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Eamon Ryan by a country mile,

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm not going to read 10 pages but it has to be Joe Duffy. A man who can barely speak English, who seems to adore butchering the language he does it so frequently and takes pride in his "unique" pronunciations, yet has written three "bukes". Styles himself as a man of the people, yet is as far from the salt of the earth “working class man with a working class work ethic" (a quote he trots out regularly) he portrays himself as as is possible in an Irish context. Cites Larkin as his hero yet is apparently ignorant of the fact that Larkin would turn in his grave were he to think of the hard shift Joe puts in a week/month/year. "Earns" more in 20 hours than a nurse does in a year yet tries to make out like he understands their plight, whilst also paying less tax in a year than a ward of those very same burses due to his bogus self-employment arrangement with RTE. Is as subtle as a brick in his own blatant self-promotion and the shameless shilling of his own wares, and is possibly the least modest public figure I've ever encountered (incl. McGregor). He's also recently laughably tried to climb on the woke bandwagon, but lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the subtlety and nuance of that movement and inevitably comes across as a blundering nincompoop when trying to be PC. He also frequently "loses the rag" on air when presented with an opinion he doesn't agree with or understand, further highlighting his unsuitably for the role he is in, and his sheer unprofessionalism. Promoted and rewarded far beyond any apparent talent or intellectual ability purely due to being in the right place at the right time and somewhat of a token appointment in the first place. And that's before I even talk of the misery, sickness, and death fetishes he indulges himself in on an almost daily basis (when he bothers to turn up of course) at the taxpayers expense. A truly sickening and embarrassing parasite of an individual.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Lot of bile there, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Obviously you disagree? Fair enough, tell me why - I’ll happily listen to any defence you can mount.

Dr. Marcus De Brun. The lad is touched. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Jennings is a working, news gathering journalist as is Sharon Ni Bheolain and any other RTE newsreader you care to mention. Their news reading duties are in addition to their core newsroom duties. I presume they may receive a higher salary than their peers because of this nowadays. I know the likes of Anne Doyle and Emer O'Kelly did not back in their time. I happen to think both Jennings and Ni Bheolain are poor broadcasters.

Ireland's biggest chancers? All of Sinn Fein's elected representatives.

Advertisement