Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'd hazard a guess that they have but I really don't ask them about how they do their job. Insights are one thing, resolving what it throws up is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Accidentally unsubbed to this thread, so haven't been keeping pace.

However, the drop off of moderators is clearly becoming an issue. I don't remember the last time I saw mod action in Cork City or Galway City & County (the subs I visit the most) when both were pretty well moderator pre-changeover. Indeed, @Boards.ie: Niamh had to intervene to shut a Galway City & County thread because biko has effectively vanished. Threads are descending into off topic messes, irrelevant posts are clogging up threads and unfettered rumours & gossip prevail.

Yeah biko is a big loss. The Galway forum has become a pure mess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The My Threads section has no paging functionality. No way of seeing older posts than the first screen.

Like another poster mentioned a while back, can the popup out menu at the top have a small delay on hover? Just a single line of JavaScript would fix it.

And, my pet peeve is the lack of ability to go to the latest post in a thread. I click on the icon to go to latest post, but then have to page forward to get the latest post. Time wasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

...so there's no changing avatars anymore?

• Advertisement

Niamh, it might be quicker to just learn how to code and implement the fixes yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,275 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

But they can't. They can write the code, submit it, wait to see if it's approved then wait for it to be implemented and hope it doesn't screw anything else up (oh that hasn't happened has it...)

I don't know about anyone else but some of the stuff like the profile page and the like looks so crappy and yet takes a tiny amount of css to make it look nice. Wanna bookmark a thread to follow? Nah you gotta make a comment

We shoulda done what we were talking about Ads - because the tiniest thing is taking forever to do here, mods leaving etc, such a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

How so? As anything here, there to much wasted space - on your profile page you need to scroll down to see editing options

https://www.boards.ie/profile/picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

I am finding it impossible to search for anything on boards when I use my phone, everything comes back as no results.

I used to enjoy this site but it has become so tedious to do the slightest thing that I am seriously considering closing my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

ads at top of the screen are too big! ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thanks for the link, I don't see that ^ option anywhere on desktop, the only editting options I found was 'edit profile', which never brought me ^ here.

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

1 character to be not short :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

A well known regional site changed their forum software this weekend.

It is not as busy as here, but these things are scalable-it's run by one guy.

Totally seamless.

The Boards.ie "CEO" should hang his head in shame, and Niamh deserves a place in heaven for her unending loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What platform software did they migrate to down there in the south?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I clicked into a 10- year- old thread for the first time this morning (the Sean Quinn one), and read the last page of posts - but no matter how many times I refresh, it's still showing as a new thread, with 5, and now 6, new posts. Every time I click into it it brings me to the first post again.

This only seems to be happening with this one thread - other old ones I've clicked into recently are behaving normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before (but I'm struggling to get the search function to work!), do cards appear on posts that have been given an infraction? Or is there any way to know now if Mods have taken action against a post that's breaking the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I've noticed this too, seemed to start about a week ago and is only affecting pre migration threads. It's one more annoyance.

On mobile, as I've given up on the desktop site.

Apologies, that I don't know, and I'm not familiar enough from a tech POV to figure it out. It's fairly close to what they had before (vBB).

The only stumbling blocks thus far seem to be the loss of a LOL emoticon, and a persistent banner nudging the reader toward push notifications.

It's peoplesrepublicofcork.com if you want to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Was chatting to a mate this week, who is a very casual Boards user, and not so technical, and he brought up in conversation something along the likes of "Boards.ie has a really interesting thread on that but they seemed to have changed their site recently and I can't find it anymore". I imagine it's like this for many many more.

It cannot be overstated how unpleasant, frustrating and confusing the Boards.ie user experience is now.

Boards.ie has show themselves to be complete amateurs with their lack of communication & planning and frankly lack of caring throughout all of this shiitshow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I agree with everything you've written.

With the exception (and I am fairly sure I speak for all boards users here) of Niamh, who has been taking grief off all of us for months on behalf of her boss and doing so without a word of complaint. Her efforts are appreciated and our frustration is not aimed at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Is there a fix coming for 'body is 1 character short?' I get that all the time on mobile, not on the desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

Peoples Republic Of Cork changed their website software at the weekend - they did a super job..

@Igotadose Flaw perhaps, but wasn't that same on good old boards - you cant post image if there is no text to it.... and as much i could get, its outcome of preventing "blank" posts

Two questions I'd love to have answered.

Has Odhran (formerly of Daft, and Adverts, and pursuing numerous new ventures) moved on to greener pastures?

Who owns the site now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Are ye looking into the latest post roulette issue? I can end up anywhere on a thread when I click into it, last post, top of last page, first unread post, or more recently around a few posts down from the last unread

It's very frustrating having to scroll up or down to figure out where you left off

Still no joy on being auto subscribed to your own newly created thread bar making a comment so you are subscribed to the thread - basic stuff really

I wonder how many people have created a new thread and never to return since it never shows up in their bookmarks...or am I doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,028 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There should be a bookmark icon on the top right after you post the OP. Not being auto- subscribed as the OP is a known issue and is "on the list" afaik.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Erm, I get this even when images aren't involved. LIke I said, only on mobile not desktop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement