Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Ireland's biggest chancer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Can I just nominate RTE in a one-er?

500k for Tubridy, Darcy and a few others and often citing they need to make it competitive to stay, Darcy in particular would struggle on college radio, he doesn’t know what the buttons do.

Finucane in the past now Joe Duffy getting a fortune for a short schedule.

the Prime Time special focusing on COVID yet the presenters all had a party in the reception of the office, then the “it’s getting expensive in the country and there’s a waste of money” fronted by Miriam O’Callaghan and not seeing the irony.

they had yer man Baz washing cars in the car park for 15years and then decided to make a core presenter again.

the unapologetic pushing of Donal Skeahan, Doireann Garrihy, Anna Geary et al.

sometime I think it’s like Trading Places in Montrose with the senior folk having bets on who they make into “stars”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ireland is a free country?

are you aware that most of our goods come from china?

peter casey - major chancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Tubridy always seems to get the brunt of it but I don't mind him so much, although I don't see/listen to him enough to from a strong opinion either way. But Ray Darcy... how he's lasted so long is incredible, all I ever seem to hear from him is laughing at his own crap jokes..

Paul Murphy wins it for me. While there are others in the Dail who share his politics (Boyd-Barrett etc), I think they're genuine enough in the causes they advocate for. But for me Murphy is the ultimate chancer who doesn't even believe the nonsense that comes out of his own mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nice to see Niall "Bressie" Breslin mentioned. I have always thought his story doesn't add up. I remember the media clique were trying to get his book and "mindfulness" onto the school curriculum. That was his retirement right there.

People generally from the entertainment world that turn into activists when the gigs run dry.

Breslin, Blindboy, Jedward are at it now too. Start up a dodgy NGO and let the government funding pay the bills.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bryan McFadden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Hey ! Did you play with them ? I remember seeing them play in St Benildus College in Kilmacud back in the 80's...only,if you did....that would make You middle aged too......🙄

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

In what way is Peter Casey a chancer?

Some great shouts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Mary Lou McDonald an utter geebag

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mary Robinson.

Sanctimony at a price most can't afford, but some can and do buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Top of my list has always been Seanie ("I'm an entrapanhoor") Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

The entire cast of Kin, they need to go back to acting school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Good shouts on this thread. I am torn between John Delaney and Sean Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Eamonn Brennan.

The tide is turning…

HECTOR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Gotta be Delaney by a nose for me.

Quinn took the bigger risks, but at least you can say he was ambitious with his goals. Stupid and reckless as they were.

Delaney is just a spineless fecker, who had zero ambition for the FAI or Irish football. I could imagine Quinn doing a better job running the FAI, but Delaney could never run any sort of business empire and was pretty much a product of nepotism. Quinn, love him or hate him, did work his way up from the bottom.

Quinn did far greater damage, but for some reason Delaney just irritates me more! lol

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Danny healy rae.

A glorified barman and a bad one at that. The people of kerry elect him as a two fingers to the rest of the country.

Anyone who describes themselves as an influencer or a personal trainer or worse still both. Its the modern day unemployed / unemployable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Barry Egan - he actually gets paid for the drivel he writes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Talking and doing are not the same thing.

Miggeldy wrote the book on effort free virtue signalling so it's entirely predictable that he's so popular today, perfect figurehead for WOKE progressive Ireland

• Advertisement

Tbf he did get rid of section 31 ban on free speech and broadcasting here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

David Kitt - can't sing and has been replaced by far more talented Irish ones since his first album.

I really can't see that muppet making a comeback..... too much damage done...& let's be honest, he wasn't any good to begin with. Then again, there's a radio dj in cork , Neil prenderville, that made a comeback after getting into really hot water. The way I see it, that al porter guy....his best bet is to try & sell the " mental health" advocacy line....'oh, I've done my time, I've learnt my lesson etc etc"....... trying to make a straight ( excuse the pun) comeback as a comedian...... nah, thats dead in the water

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Picking on travelers, whom I'd be willing to bet he was barely aware of previously, to gain traction for his presidential campaign is one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nicky Button. How he is still getting away with it, I do not know. That smug grin, and stupid haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clint_Westwood

Johnny Ronan. I can never look at Glenda Gilson without knowing she let that sweaty little goblin in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And if he's thinking about making yet another fake retirement anouncement I'd tell him

Oi! McGregor! No!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

The "journalist" Paul Williams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It wasn't just the Traveler thing, it was his trying to ride the Trump wave, pick on immigrants (says the emigrant), social welfare recipients and travelers, all the cheap shots. Fortunately, the people of Ireland aren't quite as gullible as the USA.

Advertisement