Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 transfers

Options
  • 17-10-2021 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭

Rage sold Alonso yesterday for Christensen.

Bought him 3 weeks ago, he played 0 minutes for me, I made 0.1 profit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone early on my free transfer this week as well and dumped Bissouma since he has not been playing and have had money in the bank since selling Ronaldo and Greenwood over the last couple of weeks to make a few upgrades. Mbeumo was predicted to rise last night so just wanted to make the move before it would cost more to bring him in. After playing Leicester next week he has a nice run of fixtures and hitting the post twice against Chelsea and playing more as a striker than a midfielder makes me think he could add to the two goals he has got so far this season.

Getting a Chelsea defender makes sense for a lot of reasons but rotation and seeing them clinging to the one goal lead against Brentford for the last 30minutes of yesterday's game makes me reluctant to bring one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Looking at that United game...CR7 needs to be moved out...But who do i go with? Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Need to figure out how to get Son, since last season I reckon he's been in my team for at least 95% of games, I've only taken him out when he was supposedly injured and each and every time I've got stung and brought him back in. This year started off in my team, then Nuno made comment at press conference that the club would revel how bad an injury was after injury at internationals, - he missed one game, then rumour went round he had Covid last week so though best not get him, and he scores. 4 goals and 2 assists in a dire Spurs team - 3rd highest scorer in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Lukaku is a pain in the hole to own, too much money tied up so really want to go to Vardy but next weeks home to Norwich fixture taunting me. Vardy rising tonight also by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at a hit.

Ronaldo, Marcal out.

Vardy, Chelsea defender in.

6 red arrows in a row now... make you want to give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Alonso and Antonio on the chopping block with 1m ITB.

Not sure where to go but a big decision will be made on the outcome of Captain Aubameyang tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rage sold Ronaldo to Vardy Sat Night

1FT left

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I only just brought Lukaku in for Brentford on a wild card but yeah his form is concerning. However Im going to persist as Norwich, Burnley and Newcastle are three terrible defences and he does have a bt of a habit of scoring against weaker teams but then struggling against better ones. If he blanks though against Norwich and Vardy hauls again it will be difficult not to make that move.

yeah I got caught in the exact same trap, had Son on WC and then dropped him with that Covid news but he ends up playing and scoring anyway. Reminded me of early last season when Jose said he was injured, I sold him and then he played anyway and hauled something crazy like 17 points.

I think Im stuck now with not having him as it would take 2 transfers to get him and I dont want to go ripping up a WC team so soon. It is frustrating though. Either way Ill have to get him in for GW12 for Spurs good run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lukaku has this week. If he doesn't perform then I'll take him out for a sub 7m forward and bring in Son for Smith Rowe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lukaku is on the chopping board for sure. And Benrahama too. Antonio is fine but Jimenez could be upgraded. Werner is oddly tempting me and kinda want Son too. His next few fixtures are not as bad as they look on the FDR.

Then there is Rudiger.

Have 2 FTs so won't panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ronaldo, benrahma to vardy, son last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lukaku, Benraham, Jimenez -> Werner, Son, Toney for a -4 is tempting.

I think this is Rudiger in Chelsea training.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm not sure who to bring in for Ronaldo this week, there's some good budget strikes this season with Toney, Hwang and Iheanacho all looking decent at the moment. I think Broja will be added to that list if he can nail down a starting place at 5mill for Southampton as they are a team that create chances for their strikers and he looks like a decent young player. He has been scoring for Albania this season and now he looks like he's taken his chance with a goal this week.

Nacho seems to be going under the radar, hes had 3 returns now in 3 games. If he keeps getting starts he could be a good Antonio replacement. Im wondering if Antonio is fatigued and running out of steam, he didnt seem to do much v Everton at the weekend. If he plays 70 or 80 minutes in the EL this week then thats another worry.

Yea Nacho was very good against United. I think he's not getting much attention as Vardy is outscoring him at the moment and most people can afford Vardy at the moment if they are ditching Ronaldo. I'd prefer to get someone like Nacho and use the funds to upgrade the rest of the team though.

Do you think there are good budget strikers? Very few players have any real form and/or guaranteed minutes or even fixtures.

Nacho's minutes seem to be managed this season and Daka is there now to provide more competition for places. Nacho hasn't completed 90 mins yet this season - that's got to be a worry.

Hard to know to Hwang - scoring two against Newcastle nothing major - Like ya wouldn't be rushing out to get Kane in after the weekend.

Mbeumo looks more lively than Toney from what i've seen so far, they do have a nice run of fixtures though, but at 6.4m Toney seems that bit expensive.

Wilson might be a decent shout but it's Newcastle so who knows.

Maupay probably the best shout - but Brighton not a team that will create a lot of chances but should keep ticking over.

Finally I would have thought budget would be 6.5 or less which removes most of the above.

I would love to see the stats of players if you could exclude Newcastle and Norwich. There are so many players who have returned against those two teams that have done very little otherwise

That Saka injury is changing my plans, coupled with Arsenal's turn in fixtures and Mbueno's impending price rise is hurrying me into a quick decision & transfer tonight. At least Mbueno does not have a mid week game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Got in ESR over Mbuemo on the wildcard but I think I'll stick now for the next few fixtures, was he involved much tonight?

I think there's some potential decent value there compared to the big hitters but it's probably too early to tell yet. Nacho is probably the best, I don't see him getting dropped after that performance.

Traore will probably take a lot of minutes off Hwang so I'll avoid him for now. Toney is a good player but I'd agree that Mbuemo looks better value as a midfielder. Brighton fixtures are tough now so I'll avoid Maupay.

Southampton have the best run of games so I'll be keeping an eye on Broja as he could be best in the short term.

Just a reminder.. we all did say Lukaku had a poor run of fixtures until GW7 & then we’d bring him in (like many did on WC).

maybe we overlooked Brentford away because Arsenal & Liverpool also found that one tough.

Lukaku has a dream run now,… stick him out for the next 4 to 5 matches!

Eduord seems to be No.1 there now & they have a nice run of fixtures. I’m looking at him with Toney & KdB to replace Auba, Antonio & Sarr for a -8.

I really want KdB.. 2 in 2 games & no assists yet.. there inevitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If he can't score against Norwich he will be out the gap

Looking at how Chelsea play - he doesn't get many chances, I've seen more promise from Werner and funnily enough it's Lukaku that has been caught offside on a number of occasions this season so far. The only reason I'll be keeping him is his high ownership in the top 10k, the fact that he should be 25+ goals this season, and if get rid, and he explodes it will probably be awkward to get back in. It's easier to make argument to get rid of Ronaldo.

Saka's injury and the early game for Arsenal is a bit of problem now, along with Gilmour not allowed play this weekend, and potential rotational changes in Chelsea/City defence might cause worries - need to have think about what to do, while planning on getting Son back in.

Agree on the way Chelsea plays but mainly coincides with the teams they were playing & arguably injuries.

How does Tuchel get Mount , Pulisic , Havertz into that system? He doesn’t & so will revert his formation to more attacking which I believe he will.

I agree on Werner & was so close to getting him in. I’d love to see Tuchel stick with him because it makes it easier going to him over Lukaku & reinvesting the funds then elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Jota to Tielesman leaves me with 4m in the bank. I've had a bit of money in the bank for a few weeks now and endured red arrows. Might do a -4 too or just Jota to Son.

I let myself be talked out of getting Son 3 weeks ago which annoys me a lot. His next 3 fixtures aren't quite as nice.

I only brought him in last week for Brentford on wild card so Im not losing patience with him just yet as others are who have had him longer. It was always my intention to captain him v Norwich but must admit Im having doubts now, it seems Tuchel hasnt yet worked out how to set them up to get the best out of him. Im going to try to watch the Norwich game but if he blanks and doesnt even look like scoring I think it'll be a quick move to Vardy

• Advertisement

looks like he being rested for Malmö tomorrow. Tuchel saying he has played too many games over the summer. To me that indicates a longer rest then 1 game but if he feels he just lacking then Norwich Is ideal game to get the scoring going!

Advertisement