Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 6 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sluggish enough end to the early games and the London game seems like its the most exciting game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Some drive that from Sam Darnold to tie up the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Vikings seem to be involved in tight finishes every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dallas are making heavy work of getting the ball less than a yard. I think dak was in the first time but now he looks like he didn’t have control of that ball.

• Advertisement

Didn’t get it. My broadband has decided to throw a wobbler so my viewing of red zone has been spotty at best.

I love Romo as a commentator except in Cowboys games, he's just so biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Bridgewater needs to be benched. The guy is like Kyle Orton lite. Absolutely useless. I'd rather ride with Lock, than this guy throwing 2 yards short of the first down marker every time.

Fangio was a great DC, but seems lost as a HC.

2 shocking challenges from him in the last few minutes. Both were obviously not goi g to be overturned, lose timeouts and challenges now. Desperation stuff.

• Advertisement

Walked in for a TD. Denver looks like it has given up.

AJ Green looking great in Arizona, looks like the move revitalised him.

NE redzone defense is as good as ever.

Love Dan Campbell, no politics just says it as he sees it. My type of guy.

Yeah, not often you hear a coach speak about their newly signed qb like that.... And he really thought about it and picked his words carefully, and they were pretty damning. Wants to light a fire under his qb. And ready to pull the trigger on a switch soon.

Wow, that holding call absolutely cost dallas. Thought it was the correct call, Romo called it ticky tack, I thought it was obvious.

Crazy by New England

Sh1tty interception in Denver. But that game was over. Bridgewater needs to be sat. His best is not good enough.

Don't understand the call by the Patriots.... Sure it was 3 runs and a punt.

Fncking hell.... Was there an argument to go down on the 1? Crazy stuff. What's next?

• Advertisement

NFL is crazy sometimes. This game since Dallas lined up for the FGhas swung wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Part of me is furious about how bad the refs were but while I think we got the worst of it it's fair to say they were abysmal for both teams, and that was really the worst refereeing performance I've ever witnessed, just repeated incompetence. The time out that wasn't was the worst one, but there were so many bafflingly incompetent calls, any neutral, or Packers fan for that matter, watching will corroborate.

From a bears perspective though it was depressing viewing, whiffed tackles, fields poor with the exception of one or two drives where he showed something, and watching Aaron Rodgers telling the fans he owns them. Which, he's not wrong, is he? But still, a lack of class. Anyway, we can't beat a defense missing most of its key players, we are exactly where we were last year, beating **** teams and losing to anyone remotely good. Jody good enough not to be able to fire anyone.

#52 for Dallas havi g a nightmare in the 4th.....holding call killed their drive near the end of the 4th. Followed by a holding and an unsportsmanlike on their final drive.... Prescott bails him out.

Just a garbage time interception, to go along with his garbage time TD. I think it's time Denver fans just start enjoying the season for what it is, we won't have any say in anything this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That garbage time TD from Fant has put me 44.72 points clear of my opponent, who has Sanders, Knox and Bullock to play tomorrow night.

Needless to say I will be praying for a Titans performance (and won't sleep a wink with the nerves)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The most frustrating part about the referees is you know absolutely nothing will happen. The TV broadcast just falls silent most of the time there is a horrific call or the colour guy will say "boy I'm not sure about that". No f*cking sh*t you're not sure.

There are even journalists now who seem afraid to call out the refs. Mina Kimes from ESPN made a tweet critical of some of the calls like the offside that wasn't given or when Rodgers grabbed Mario Edwards facemask and pulled him to the ground only for them to call a taunting penalty on Edwards for pointing at Rodgers after he did it. She then deleted the tweet a few minutes later, probably worried there would be some blow back given she works for an NFL rights holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah Olsen is as much of a bears homer as you'll ever get in a commentary box and you could hear he was holding back.

So the Steelers were up 14-0 at halftime and it all looked pretty much done and dusted. Now it's the end of the third and the Seahawks are on the move at the Pitt 15 with the score right now 17-14 Steelers.

The officiating is getting worse. And the most basic of tasks that an NFL official is tasked with doing in spotting the ball on the field was lacking yesterday. Twice early in the game both the packers and bears challenged the spot and as much as I hate to say it, dak Prescott was in for a TD unless there was a change in the rule that I’m unaware of. It’s just bad and sloppy and @Oat23 says commentators and pundits are having to if not bite their tongues, they are giving these vague statements which don’t really help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The frustrating thing is that there are ways the NFL can help fix it but they choose not to, like technology for spotting the ball and an active video ref. I can nearly accept when refs just have a shocker and mess up both teams but there are games where there is clearly different interpretations being used against each team, especially OPI, DPI, protecting the QB (roughing, sliding, going out of bounds), and offensive line holding.

Having said that, I think I am happy that the media are afraid to make a big deal of it. Rugby has become a complete farce due to every tiny decision being called out by commentators and analysts, which then feeds into toxicity of fans and eventually leads to the point where you end up with that Lions Rassie farce. Many times these are 50/50 calls that even out over a season and are just an excuse for commentators from actually doing their jobs actually analyzing the game, which is a much harder job than complaining about the refs.

Advertisement