Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gabby Petito

Options
  • 20-09-2021 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭

An Idaho business owner says Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, stopped into their store on their way to Yellowstone National Park — and both seemed “happy” and were chatting about their travel plans.

The owner of the Rustic Row in Victor claimed the couple popped into the shop for about 15 to 20 minutes on either Aug. 25 or Aug. 26, East Idaho News reported.

“They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance,” the owner, who was not identified, told the outlet.

“They seemed happy and when they left, she hollered back from the door that they were engaged and then I said congratulations.”

Missing for many days, two go into the wilderness, one comes back. He goes home, won't talk to police, police say no crime here. Forward a few weeks,,, body just found, and now Brian is missing.

What a weird case.

https://twitter.com/DatelineNBC/status/1439729275670773763

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Mad stuff, some nice photos of Arches NP and Zion NP on their SM accounts, USA really is the best place in the world for National Parks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and serial murderers and weirdo's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

A couple on youtube came across the van by chance and sent this footage onto the FBI. The body was found not far from the location

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭dmc17

They were stopped by the police during their trip too and all didn't seem well...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Goes to show, you can't really trust anyone, and fact Brian is still missing tells it all.

Young impressionable girls are naive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

A woman is dead and you are victim blaming? Cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gunner5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Yeah, made her boyfriend head home and not tell anyone what happened. Probably done the same to his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Rip to that poor girl. Good love her.

I hope they get him and send him down for it. I think it's a pretty clear cut case. No doubt there is ample evidence. They already have video footage of him with scratches and bruises which may be defensive wounds if he had been violent with her before.

What's most interesting about those videos is the level of detail and how involved the police got with what was initially just a fairly routine traffic stop. Both separated and questioned at length and then sent their separate ways after being with the police for an hour and seventeen minutes.

Very strange.. Imagine the Gardai in the same situation, they would hardly even have pulled them in let alone ask questions.

But I think having kept them aside for over an hour shows that they had serious concerns about this guy. He even seemed nervous and on edge in the video. I think he gave him a spin to the hotel to have more time to study build a profile on him, see would be inadvertently give something away or give a clue.

Either way now, I just hope they get him before he is lost. A lot of perps hang or shoot themselves to cheat their way out of justice.

Shame on the people here who are trying to explain it away with mental health and anxiety.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP, she was a travel blogger I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

I didn't watch the whole thing, just snippets of it, but the impression that I got was that they had concerns for him, not about him.

Very strange case nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Woohoo - now we get to play everybody's favourite game - Trial by Social Media!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭flos1964

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

It's mad that he was able to be at home and refuse to speak to the police...

Now he's on the run and body found, all to be expected.

Why couldn't the cops detain and question him? He was prime suspect in missing persons case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Search for boyfriend of Gabby Petito in Florida suspended

A search has been suspended in a Florida nature preserve for a man police say is a person of interest in the death of his girlfriend, Gabriel “Gabby” Petito, whose body authorities believe was discovered at a Wyoming national park the couple visited.

North Port Police Department said in a news release that the agency “has no plans to conduct a major search” for Brian Laundrie, 23, on the 24,000-acre Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County.

The police statement said officers had “exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there”.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Is this the annual blonde dead white girl story from America?

This year's Natalie Holloway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

That's a bit insensitive isn't it? A young girl is probably dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

• Advertisement

Yea I don't get that. And the police said '' no crime here, we're not investigating a crime'' Not even questioned, and allowed to roam free.

He's a clever guy, that area was an area he made them believe he was in. I suspect he's getting help from parents to escape justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's America,murder happens every hour but certain stories have their own category in terms of how networks view ratings

The " blonde dead white girl " has long been a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

A 911 call has been released (from a few weeks prior to the incident) where it appears someone reported seeing Brian hitting Gabby in their van.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1440003531486998528?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

And 4 weeks ago they attended an incident where he was the victim and she was the assaulter.

Seems to have been a very fraught relationship on both sides

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sad story. I dunno, if I had a hypothesis it would be that two kids, barely out of their teens, first love in full flow, but don't know each other enough yet, have this romantic idea to do the American Road Trip(tm). Stock up on youtube vids and social media dreams and set off. Then the cracks start. He's the jealous type apparently, she the anxious. Stuck in a van driving down endless roads that don't match the curated selfies in social media, theirs and others. Young love can be dramatic enough, but in that scenario everything would tend to be magnified. Cue the police call out for assault. She admitted she hit him after he kept telling her to calm down. I can imagine a blazing fight in the middle of nowhere, with no family or friends around as a safety net and both passionately storming off. And maybe that's where it all went so terribly wrong. 😔 Either she in a state of utter depression ended things(which might explain how the police didn't initially have him as a person of interest), or they fought again and he killed her. Horrible end and two young lives and their family's ruined, no matter what the reasons.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Could they apprehend his parents/sibling and arrest them on suspicion of them aiding him in evading capture, and publicize that as a strategy to draw him out of his cover?

If they are concealing him or helping to evade the police then they would be within their rights to arrest the family and publicize their rush of prosecution.

Either way, I sense that the net is closing in on him. Like a cornered rat now, need to catch him quickly before he lashes out in desperation.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

He drove home to his parents house without letting anyone know.

The van was registered in her name - if anyone should be driving it home alone, it should be her.

She had lived with his parents for a year - surely they would have asked where she was.

He didn't answer her family's calls/texts

His parents didn't either

He has refused to co-operate with police

The family got a solicitor immediately

He has now disappeared

Her body has been found

I don't think it takes much to figure this one out.

Advertisement