Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 14: Monza

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

This doesn't look good for Redbull at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

This is mental, some of those releases and some of those mechanics taking risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The silly games in the pitlane almost resulting in a mechanic or two getting run over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Giovinazzi into Q3 again. Very good performance from him.

Heard the Alpine and AM might be good this weekend but it's Ferrari and McLaren into Q3. Giovinazzi going great the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Giovinazzi looks like he's driving to save his seat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 633 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I'd go as far as saying I think he has had a decent season overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

Bottas taking a new engine and penalty will apply for the main race.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

I like the addition of some green on the Alfa cars this weekend:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So Valtarri got pole. Well good for him I hope he wins this race and every other race that Max does not get to win as a big FU finger to Mercedes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye that's nice. Its a special edition for the weekend for some reason or other.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yeah not mad on the format this weekend. Friday night qualifying is nice but it just doesn't feel like it means much. Sprint race will likely be a procession with few points at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

It's a really bizarre situation that Bottas is lining up in first for the sprint race while already knowing he'll start at the back of the grid on Sunday regardless of where he finishes. Seems like a bit of an oversight in the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Not really. The penalty applies to the race. The sprint race is part of the qualifying process.

They were discussing this on BBC before they clarified the rules. They wondered if Max could take a new engine and take the penalty in the sprint which would give him extra laps to make up places. But it makes sense that the penalty is applied to the race and not the sprint.

Leaves an interesting situation, if Lewis wins the sprint and Max is outside the top 3, Lewis draws level in the championship. So, if it's a case that towards the end of the sprint and Lewis is P2 and Valterri is P1 and Max is outside the top 3, could we get a " Bono I need that point "-"Valterri It's James..." messages to which Valterri replies "To Lewis it concerns, 🙊you"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Seems like Mercs race to drop really. This practise session should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Red flag, looks like Carlos had a big one.

Edit: He's out of the car but seems a bit shook. That's a weird place to crash, glad to see he's OK

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Way too many of these kinds of mistakes by Sainz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big shunt from sainz there, looks like the ferrari mechanics have a busy few hours a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'd be amazed if bottas isn't told to let Hamilton past him ASAP and then to hold up max as long as he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jeez, I really hope Verstappen gets a jump on Lewis at the start. I hate the shitehawk stuff Mercedes do to look after their no. 1 driver. I'm watching to see them race, not gift positions.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why?

Deals done, he's out the gap at the end of the season. Why not go out in personal glory?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭This is it

I can definitely see Mercedes struggle to control Bottas as easily as before to be honest. Whatever about giving up a fastest lap point, if asked to give up a win or podium I think Bottas will tell them to shove it

It’s a huge oversight in the rules that Merc can basically ask Bottas to do anything they want in the sprint race knowing it doesn’t matter because he’s starting at the back tomorrow anyway. Whether he complies now that he’s got an Alfa contract is another matter, he already went off script by beating Lewis yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Not like he's going to a merc customer team. I'd like to see this be the start of Bottas reshaping his career and garner some more fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Because he's a professional and he'll almost certainly do the job he's asked to do by his employer.

I doubt he'll tell them to shove it and I doubt he'll even delay in obeying any team orders they give him. I imagine the plan for the sprint race is already organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭lolie

No way Bottas is going to disobey team orders, the only way he gets a win this season while running 1 2 is if the championship is over and Lewis or Mercedes gifts him one.

Any pity i had for him this year went out the window after listening to his team radio.

In Silverstone after the crash he came on the radio to say it was a racing incident and there should be no penalty, in Zandvoort he said his tyres were ok to do another few laps purely so he could stay out and try hold up Verstappen.

He showed no backbone the last few years so doubtful he'll grow one in the next few months.

Max getting a good start today on the clean side might hopefully mix things up a bit but cant see him staying ahead such is Mercedes speed with drs.

Very nice to see Felipe Massa on TV.

• Advertisement

Being a professional is one thing. But when you've already handed in your notice and your employer is consistently instructing you to do things that are both detrimental to yourself and that most objective external observers see as quite morally dubious, you may think twice about carrying out those orders. That said, Bottas has shown zero backbone in his career to date so there's no real indication that he'll start now.

Advertisement