Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Ireland : implementation and progress

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Tipperary DA just moved from NOV-DEC 21 to DEC21-FEB22 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dceng2

Tralee DA also moved to November 21 - January 22.

Rathmore DA changed from January - March 23 to March - May 23.

Killarney DA unchanged... for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Blessington DA changed from January - April 2022 to April- June 2022. This is the third move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Roscommon has gone from Nov-Dec 2021 to Nov 2021 - Jan 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

My area in Longford has moved from March-May 2022 to September-November 2022. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭Speak Now

East Waterford gone from Jan to April 2022 to August to October 2022. Pushed out yet again, the only positive is its gone from planning to build stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

In addition to those mentioned the following DA's were brought forward: Athenry, Dunboyne, Enniskerry and Redcross.

These DA's got dates for periods in 2023: Ballinamult, Corofin, Fethard, Glendalough, Hospital, Monamolin, Tallow, Hill of Down, Carrowmorelacken, Gurteen (Gy), Kilkerrin, Kilnaleck, Tubbercurry, Moate and Lettermore/Lettermullen (Gy).

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭CptMonkey

Sigh. Just checked my area again it’s pending survey. Estimated date January 2025 to December 2026.

Im 150m from the eir fibre roll out and about 500m from the carrigaline nbi rollout.

maybe starlink might be an option 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ah ffs, the DP's were installed months ago around Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Jan 2023 - Dec 2024...

Meaningless dates....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

Still pending survey. Dates added now: Jan 2025-Dec 2026.

Complete joke. OLT location means my next door neighbours have an ETA of April next year.

Same with me. I’ve still no date yet at all and have given up on it ever happening to be honest. I’ve put in an order with Starlink and put down a deposit. People who I know in the industry have told me it’s a ‘game changer’ and have seen results from the trials so far, which have matched the performance experienced in the USA. It’s expensive, but looks like it’ll work

Edit: Just checked, and I have survey Jan 25 to Dev 26. Starlink it is

Just be lucky we're close enough to a connection date (even if its being pushed out). Have a look at a Castleisland eircode on the NBI website; Pending Survey January 2025 - December 2026 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭CptMonkey

These dates are nearly towards the very end of the roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Portaloise DA just went from Feb - Apr 2022, to Oct - Dec 2022 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 15,520 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Same for my DA, Newport Tipperary, Pending Survey January 2025 - December 2026

hopefully they will be true to to their statement and accelerate the rollout for those of us stuck at the end of the current plan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Same dates for myself. As always assumed we would be last done. I've lived with that assessment tbh and accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭mun1

Where are ye getting the DA updates ?

Just had a look at the where are we working map and the eircode map and I've compiled a list of estimated completion date for every DA in Kerry (as of 9/9/21):

Network Build in Progress

Tralee (November 2021 - January 2022), Killarney (November 2021 - January 2022)

Survey Underway

Castlegregory (October 2022 - December 2022), Ballyheigue (January 2023 - March 2023), Ballydavid (March 2023 - May 2023), Rathmore (March 2023 - May 2023), Kilgarvan (April - June 2023)

Survey Planned (ALL JANUARY 2023 - DECEMBER 2024)

Listowel, Lauragh, Sneem

Pending Survey (ALL JANUARY 2025 - DECEMBER 2026)

Abbeyfeale, Castleisland, Glencar, Kells, Waterville

3 points;

1. Not even the Healy-Raes can stop a delay it appears with Kilgarvan being pushed back from July - December 2022 to Spring 2023.
    2. I'd say until they plan a survey in the Deployment Areas mentioned above, they're probably going to give very vague far out dates. These areas will probably be brought forward in time once surveys have got underway. This point may also stand elsewhere across the country, so I wouldn't completely panic yet.
    3. 1 thing for sure, there's still a place for Starlink, Fixed Wireless, 4G/5G etc. for another couple of years.

• Advertisement

Kind of surprised that Elon Musk is bothering with Ireland, given the county’s NBI commitment. As he’ll surely at that stage lose all his customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He doesn't care. Starlink is for the cars not for home broadband. Home broadband subsizes it in the interim short term cash. The ultimate goal is coverage for the driverless cars.

Hadn’t thought of that. Makes sense. It’s a handy side product for those of us at the back end of the NBI rollout

Either that or he is a Bond villain and there’s a laser on the back of all those satellites just waiting to be turned around and pointed at the world’s capitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have all pending survey DA's just been given that 2025 - 2026 date?

Mines been given that date as have 3 others I checked.

Wonder will we ever hear about this acceleration. Considering 50% of the country will be connected in 2025 - 2026 according to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

I am getting them from the https://nbi.ie/where-are-we-working/ page but even that is wrong. The page was updated last Tuesday the 7th September, however in the meantime the Eircode checker on the site seems to have received an update so for example if you look at Tralee on the "Where we are working" page it says "July 2021 - September 2021" but on the Eircode check it says "November 2021 - January 2022".

It is incredible how bad they are at conveying simple information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A few houses in my local area which last year had Network Build in process for about 6 months now say survey underway, broadband available April 2023. That's some push back. I'm actually going to take it with a pinch of salt though as it doesn't seem to have been right anytime yet.

Thank God for three mobile broadband, I've been living off 3mb broadband for a while with a local provider but getting minimum 40mb and up to 140mb through three since I switched to them.

I have a Python script that checks my Eircode endpoint every minute (OTT I know). It sends me a mail if the date or status (Surveying/Building/etc...) change.

The website uses an endpoint that anyone can reach for the raw data:

https://premises-api.nbi.ie/ext/premises/<EIRCODE>

Forgot to say the DA level information is available via these two endpoints:

The second endpoint is only for the amount of money and premises involved and doesn't really change:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Yeah, it's just frustrating. I even bought an Xbox series x in expectation of a September connection. I'm with imagine and I can't download games as I have a 20gb daily allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

South KK pushed back to August-October 2022. Status moved to build in progress which is something I suppose.

Advertisement