Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No will made - what now?

Options
  • 28-08-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

My friend is at the end of their life with only a few weeks left to live. They are married but have been seperated for over thirty years and haven't seen each other in that time. Their spouse has a new partner but not married to them. They have a child with my friend.

My friend hasn't made a will. They own no property and have a small amount of money in the post office. What happens when they die? Does that money go to the former spouse automatically or can their child have it? What is the best thing to do in this situation? I don't want to add to the stress my friend is under at this stage in their life.

Comments

Advertisement