Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car do you hate that everyone else loves?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Kids are fatter and heavier these days.

The 4wd is handy for going around the drive through mac Donald’s in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

I always hated the look of the E90 BMW. They are so ugly. I'm not sure if people still love them but they were quite popular. The E92 was a nice looking car and still is so how did they manage to make the E90 so bad?

Dislike the A7, well mainly the rear, the rest is OK, wouldn't say I hate it. Hate the A1 though, not sure if it's loved by people but they are popular.

I definitely hate Dacia, so ugly and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭maddness

Cheap SUVs?

Nothing cheap about them, overpriced compared to a comparable saloon of the same make, IF the saloon was still available.

Pure racket by the manufacturers, marketing towards the upwardly mobile/yummy mummy set with 'notions', selling an illusion about safety when as a rule they handle badly and at least initially performed relatively poorly in the crash tests..

Horrible yokes.

I’d like this post twice if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    You missed the everyone loves part :)
    That probably does hold true for the Superb and the Renault but so many do seem to love the BMW 5 Seires.

Regarding the SUV's they seem to me to be a tick the box exercise. Like the other minions they have the marriage, have the career, have the bumper mortgage that you may well be dead before its paid off, have the 2.5 kids so obviously you need the "jeep" for it's "great practicality". You will notice I called them a "jeep". I know they're obviously not but so many seem to think they are while in reality they are just a jacked up car. Choose Life from Trainspotting probably sums it all up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Lexus

Over rated Toyotas with crap interiors and old technology.

What in the world, lexus are good cars scotty kilmer approves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

95% of supercars since about 2003. The Ferrari 360 Modena & Lambo Gallardo/mercielago era was my favourite. Most since are pointless due to the ridiculous BHP & its just become a power pissing contest since. Oh and since the Mclaren F1 & then the McMerc, all Mclarens look the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The "great space for shopping" in SUVs.
    Great if you're planning on feeding an army platoon. Are you Susan?

Boring and oversized, visually ranging from bland at best to ugly at worst. The McMansion in vehicle form and the de rigueur accompaniment for those architectural blots on the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

If Dacia had stayed away from the suv market the hatred towards them wouldn’t be as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Tesla. DRM-laced self-driving sh1tboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The "great space for shopping" in SUVs.
    Great if you're planning on feeding an army platoon. Are you Susan?

Boring and oversized, visually ranging from bland at best to ugly at worst. The McMansion in vehicle form and the de rigueur accompaniment for those architectural blots on the landscape.

The boot is tiny in most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Vw scirocco. Cannot warm to its styling at all.

The 1 series 5 door since forever. Always awful looking and worse these days.

The new 2 series grand coupe and the new 7 series. It's grill makes my eyes bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Irish_rat wrote: »
    All those cheap SUVs that are a blight on our roads everyday. The question is why the need?

I think some people think they are great simply because they are higher up!

Cars that I think loved on here(I think) are the Peugeot 3008/5008. They are massive ugly ducklings in my opinion especially the front grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Totally disagree, the interior of a lexus is quality.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    What in the world, lexus are good cars scotty kilmer approves it.

The thread title is "cars you hate that everyone else loves"

I hate Lexus, that's the point. It's not up for discussion if I think their balls of cheap, over hyped Toyota outdated crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭mulbot

Audi q7. Disgusting looking,.

Toyota CHR on the outside good looking car but rear passenger seat is a shoe box with a hole in it.

Nissan Juke same as CHR with shoe box rear passenger seats. But the older version reminds me of a pecking frog.

Kia sportage, front grille looks hideous. Another frog looking car.

New Gen Ford cars. Bloody awful looking grills insect looking creature's.

Renault fluence awful looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭YellowLead

The modern Mini Cooper - but that could be because of the types that drive them!

YellowLead wrote: »
    The modern Mini Cooper - but that could be because of the types that drive them!

Ye, mini cooper countryman looks like a giant toy car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nissan Juke, the new Ford design, pure ugly and the Toyota chr

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Nissan Juke

Do people like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Do people like this?

Seem to. Lot of them on the roads

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Seem to. Lot of them on the roads

I find Grannies go into buy a Micra and they seem to come out with one of these for some reason.

I find Grannies go into buy a Micra and they seem to come out with one of these for some reason.

Good bit more expensive than a Micra (think they’re based on) but the “sitting high up” is likely a key selling point!
    Never really minded them and my own mother was half interested in one but it would have been the older model which is over a decade old now so is way outclassed

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Water2626262

Probably an unpopular opinion but the Ford Ranger. I’d probably like it if I drove it but just think it looks awful. Towing and off road capability aside, is a pick up even practical in terms of cargo space?

Horrible American styling. Don’t think we need them on Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭CoBo55

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Renault fluence awful looking car.

But nobody loves them they just drive them from A to B with the bare minimum of servicing.

Probably an unpopular opinion but the Ford Ranger. I’d probably like it if I drove it but just think it looks awful. Towing and off road capability aside, is a pick up even practical in terms of cargo space?

Horrible American styling. Don’t think we need them on Irish roads.

Yes I have to admit I love them! They’re actually decent value and if you’re a builder, farmer or business owner that needs such a vehicle they’re a great choice.
    Ford made big inroads into that utility SUV market which previously the Pajero or land cruiser dominated with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Cheap SUVs?

Nothing cheap about them, overpriced compared to a comparable saloon of the same make, IF the saloon was still available.

Pure racket by the manufacturers, marketing towards the upwardly mobile/yummy mummy set with 'notions', selling an illusion about safety when as a rule they handle badly and at least initially performed relatively poorly in the crash tests..

Horrible yokes.

Have to disagree.
    I am a convert. Drove passats and mondeos for years, just picked up a very clean 2012 vw tiguan sport and it's a whole different beast altogether.

Way more comfortable. Great boot space and can fold the seats completely flat for loading like a van.
    Great handling too, a pleasure to drive.

I test drove a hyundai Tucson and loved it, will definitely look at one in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mitsubishi Lancer (all generations) - they seem to have a dedicated following but every time I see one, I wonder why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Mitsubishi Lancer (all generations) - they seem to have a dedicated following but every time I see one, I wonder why.

The following is more for the evo...

Advertisement