Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kooreczka

EamonnW09 wrote: »
    With construction back open a few weeks now. Has anyone heard any news on the next launch?

As far as I know the apartments will be released later this month not sure about the houses. Prices will be increased as well unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newhomehunter1

Hi all,
    Can the existing house owners advice re flooring
    I have many flooring guys advise that the issue specific to clayfarm re removal of skirting board for flooring and then refitting the same which may or may not cause damages.
    Is there a work around? Was flooring done smoothly for all?

• Administrators Posts: 53,414 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi all,
    Can the existing house owners advice re flooring
    I have many flooring guys advise that the issue specific to clayfarm re removal of skirting board for flooring and then refitting the same which may or may not cause damages.
    Is there a work around? Was flooring done smoothly for all?

Ask the builder to either leave the skirtings off, or if they insist on attaching to just tack them on.

awec wrote: »
    Ask the builder to either leave the skirtings off, or if they insist on attaching to just tack them on.

Thanks.
    As far as I am aware the builders don't leave the skirtings off even if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

Thanks.
    As far as I am aware the builders don't leave the skirtings off even if you ask.

Correct. We were told the same.

• Advertisement

decorfali9 wrote: »
    Correct. We were told the same.

Did you get your flooring done ?

Did you get your flooring done ?

Nope. We're only on the upcoming batch of snaggings. But others in this thread raised the concern on the skirting boards being too high to fit the floor w/o requiring an extra strip to cover the gap. We asked whether we could get our house w/o the skirting boards fitted. They aren't entertaining this or any other modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

Nope. We're only on the upcoming batch of snaggings. But others in this thread raised the concern on the skirting boards being too high to fit the floor w/o requiring an extra strip to cover the gap. We asked whether we could get our house w/o the skirting boards fitted. They aren't entertaining this or any other modifications.

I had same issue. But the guys said they can reuse the skirting boards, just need to ask some skirting board paint from Park when do the snagging.

c00114110 wrote: »
    I had same issue. But the guys said they can reuse the skirting boards, just need to ask some skirting board paint from Park when do the snagging.

They can definitely be re-used unless they're broken during removal.

Probably need to be caulked when re-attached too, I doubt your walls are perfectly flat.

Can anyone advise the time frame between the first snag and the final move in excluding flooring etc.

• Advertisement

Can anyone advise the time frame between the first snag and the final move in excluding flooring etc.

I don't think anyone can tell you much there. It really depends on the snagging and what you find. Most likely you'll need a 2nd snag, possibly even a 3rd. Maybe a better question, if someone knows, is whether they are quickly jumping to fix anything reported thru the snags.

The only more or less clear thing here is once you accept that there are no further snags (which I believe your solicitor needs to do in writing) then a coundown of 15 days kicks in whereby you need to close the sale.

I don't think anyone can tell you much there. It really depends on the snagging and what you find. Most likely you'll need a 2nd snag, possibly even a 3rd. Maybe a better question, if someone knows, is whether they are quickly jumping to fix anything reported thru the snags.

The only more or less clear thing here is once you accept that there are no further snags (which I believe your solicitor needs to do in writing) then a coundown of 15 days kicks in whereby you need to close the sale.

Fair enough.
    Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Maybe a dumb question but what do people in this thread mean by "snagging"?

C14N wrote: »
    Maybe a dumb question but what do people in this thread mean by "snagging"?

The snag is when you get someone in to inspect the fit and finish of a new build. Make sure doors close properly, make sure no scuff marks on paint, no chips in woodwork, that sort of thing.

awec wrote: »
    The snag is when you get someone in to inspect the fit and finish of a new build. Make sure doors close properly, make sure no scuff marks on paint, no chips in woodwork, that sort of thing.

Ok, I see, so is this something that would typically be done by a surveyor for a few hundred Euro?

Ok, I see, so is this something that would typically be done by a surveyor for a few hundred Euro?

Yea, usually it's a fixed cost based on the size of the house (2 bed, 3 bed etc). Surveyor will give you a document with a list of issues with photos.

You give it to the developer, usually you pick your battles and highlight the ones that you won't compromise on as it's unlikely every single issue will be addressed.

Some people will get a snag done twice if the first list has lots of issues.

I received an email today for registering to view apartments in Oak Hall. Decided to sign up as I do quite like the look of them, although may be harder to convince the other half to settle for it over a house. Worth a look anyway though I think, at least for ones on the larger side. They look quite nicely done on the virtual tours. Main concern is a single parking space as we both have family in the countryside and tend to use both cars for visiting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you want your floors done properly the skirting boards need to come off, if someone is quoting you for flooring make sure they are including this, not removing them and using trim is a bodge job.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

Dose anyone know the price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zhet

1 Bed 310k - 360k
    2 Bed 410k - 485k

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    if you want your floors done properly the skirting boards need to come off, if someone is quoting you for flooring make sure they are including this, not removing them and using trim is a bodge job.

Any quotes I've got so far I've got told they'd remove remove the skirting board to get it done properly. I was pleasantly suprised to hear this because in every pleace I've rented I've had those ugly trims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Any quotes I've got so far I've got told they'd remove remove the skirting board to get it done properly. I was pleasantly suprised to hear this because in every pleace I've rented I've had those ugly trims.

We got the Flooring Mill to do ours and they took off the skirting boards and then put them back on. They were fairly careful, though there's a little gap on part of the skirting at the front door and again a tiny part of the sitting room. I don't think it's reasonable to get them to put them back on perfectly though.

It's a pity Park don't leave them off for people who request it but they're very rigid that way. We asked for them not to install wardrobes in one of the bedrooms and their answer basically was "if it's on the plans, you're getting it. Feel free to take them out after you have the keys". I guess they're afraid that everyone will ask for a small change and it adds to their work to keep track of who has asked for what, and then they run the risk of making an amendment to the wrong house and having to come back in at snagging to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

Could I ask once you go sale agreed, the developer eventually hand over the keys, what are the things you need to do (provided snagging is complete)? For example, you would need to sort flooring for all rooms except for the bathrooms (as I understand these are the only ones that are tiled by Park).

The list I have are as follows but the more experienced guys here might give me a steer if I'm missing anything else.

Just trying to get a sense of a to-do list before we move in.

Thanks a lot.

-x-

Pre-move
    Clearout: hire skip / clear out junk (no point paying to move stuff we will end up throwing out anyway)
    Packing: get boxes / labelling (OR quotes for movers to also pack contents)
    Utilities: confirm with new utility provider and switch over date (electricity, gas, bins, water, internet, TV licence, car log book, Revenue)
    Insurances: confirm insurance / any change to costs
    Snagging: get quote / confirm date
    Flooring: get quotes / confirm laying date

Move out/in:
    Note meter readings (old & new place)
    Direct movers

Post move in:
    Other: update any other dependent information (eg: driving licence which needs proof of address)
    JDD wrote: »
    We got the Flooring Mill to do ours and they took off the skirting boards and then put them back on. They were fairly careful, though there's a little gap on part of the skirting at the front door and again a tiny part of the sitting room. I don't think it's reasonable to get them to put them back on perfectly though.

Got an update on the next phase of houses today. The next phase will be coming in September, and house prices are not confirmed to be the same as in the last phase. They may end up increasing. I think I may have to start looking elsewhere myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Got an update on the next phase of houses today. The next phase will be coming in September, and house prices are not confirmed to be the same as in the last phase. They may end up increasing. I think I may have to start looking elsewhere myself.

Did that update come from Savills? We are on the list for the next phase, but haven't heard anything yet about the houses. We did get the email about apartments the other day though

Did that update come from Savills? We are on the list for the next phase, but haven't heard anything yet about the houses. We did get the email about apartments the other day though

Yeah it was from the Savilles agent we were dealing with. It's not confirmed yet, but I'm not sure I'd want to wait up to 4 more months for them when there's a good probability they won't even qualify for help-to-buy, which was really where the value was added in these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Yeah it was from the Savilles agent we were dealing with. It's not confirmed yet, but I'm not sure I'd want to wait up to 4 more months for them when there's a good probability they won't even qualify for help-to-buy, which was really where the value was added in these.

I'd be surprised if they move the price of the 3 beds that qualified for the HTB scheme to over 500k. I think that extra bit of money would take a while to come in as they will lose a lot of people who are currently interested. I know we'd be out if that happened, as you say, that's where the value was in these houses. We are looking elsewhere anyway, as a brand new house wasn't a must have for us, but Clay Farm would be the perfect location for us

I'd be surprised if they move the price of the 3 beds that qualified for the HTB scheme to over 500k. I think that extra bit of money would take a while to come in as they will lose a lot of people who are currently interested. I know we'd be out if that happened, as you say, that's where the value was in these houses. We are looking elsewhere anyway, as a brand new house wasn't a must have for us, but Clay Farm would be the perfect location for us

Possibly, but I did specifically ask about HTB eligibility and she didn't say they were definitely going to not qualify, but that no promises could be made right now. They have to at least be considering it. To be fair, I did always think €490k seemed low for what you got. If you look out on the open market there's nothing else to this kind of modern standard coming in at under €500k, so I imagine they would still be able to sell them even at a higher price.

Hi all. Looking for opinions on floors.

First I want to ask is for the kitchen. We're in a fern and for those the "ideal" solution is a single type of floor all the way from the living room to the kitchen. We were thinking laminade. In the stores I ask about this I get contradictory advice. At the stores that sell ceramic I get told that with laminade (or hardwood floor, or vinyl) is a dealbreaker if there are any leaks that get underneath the floor, that the only floor that will survive this is ceramic. Then I go to stores that don't sell ceramic and they say that any floor inc. ceramic will be wrecked if a leak gets underneath and that I would be fine with a water proof laminade. Any thoughts on this?

I also want to ask, for laminade, I've read in this thread about a "Flooring Mill" company. Can I get a website for them? I've found one such named company in Dublin but their website looks a bit... unfinished, so prob not the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 EamonnW09

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they move the 3 beds over the €500k mark. They're definitely moving the 4 beds well over the €600k mark to mid 600's almost so I've no doubt they'll do the same with 3 beds in terms of shooting up the price. Demand is there and they most definitely will still sell the 3 beds in no time, so all they care about is maximising their profits.

I will most likely be looking elsewhere at this point. €650k to live adjacent to a recycling plant and electricity station is madness, but I guess these are the time we live in!

Advertisement