Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSPaint Your House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Any painting app on any computer should do. As long as you can output in a format that can be shared (jpg, png etc).

We have had hand drawn entries before as well (although up to Deja Boo if thats ok this time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Cheers, just thinking would it work better if I go for the describer role? If so I'm on for it. Put me down for describer please, assuming this will work with me on the Mac.... thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I will play please, can do either

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Cheers, just thinking would it work better if I go for the describer role? If so I'm on for it. Put me down for describer please, assuming this will work with me on the Mac.... thanks :)

Well looky here! Fresh blood!!

Someone shut the door before he escapes!!!

tenor.gif

I mean .. eh.. welcome to Forum Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fcukit I havent played in ages but I know I can draw a house. Put me down as a painter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Well looky here! Fresh blood!!

Someone shut the door before he escapes!!!

tenor.gif

I mean .. eh.. welcome to Forum Games.

:D cheers, sure what could go wrong!! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Fcukit I havent played in ages but I know I can draw a house. Put me down as a painter!

Well if Molly's painting then I'll have to play. Put me down for whatever Deja, paint, describe or other :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll play. Will fill whatever role needed. And as I am on 3 months holidays I can slot in whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This is turning into a real barnstormer Deja! Fair play to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'll do either, happy to paint if you need someone to make up numbers for paint.
    Put me down for describer please, assuming this will work with me on the Mac.... thanks :)

As a describer you will get a message from the host with an image that you have to describe in 10 words. Those ten words get sent to the next painter who has to draw/paint/arty them, and that picture gets sent to the next describer, and so on down the line alternating between painter and 10 word describer.

That's how you start off with a photo of a man sitting on a park bench reading a newspaper with a dog at his feet, and some kids flying kites in the background, and the goal is to end up with something vaguely similar, but you can just as easily end up with the Pope in a rap battle against Barrack Obama on the main stage at Glastonbury Festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'll play. Will fill whatever role needed. And as I am on 3 months holidays I can slot in whenever.

And finish your walrus?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

fixXxer wrote: »
    And finish your walrus?!?!?!?!?

I already finished it. I sent a PM to the winner. I guess that wasn't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Ooh fun, count me in. I'm happy to do either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

I take it this wont work for me if I have an Apple Mac? I'd need a PC to play wouldn't I? Damn it. I feel like the boy at school who's not allowed join in the game of footie now :D

Macs are perfect for this, but as the mac is so good for painting, you need to reduce you pallette from true colour to 256 colours, and reduce the canvas to 320x240.

if you are right handed, you have to use your left hand instead for the mouse or trackerball as if will give it more of a mspaint look.

That should be the equipment sorted, just add a few beers or wine and you be ready.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote:

Cheers for that sully ;)

Baggly wrote: »
    This is turning into a real barnstormer Deja! Fair play to you!!

Who knew houses were so popular??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

;_; ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I take it this wont work for me if I have an Apple Mac? I'd need a PC to play wouldn't I? Damn it. I feel like the boy at school who's not allowed join in the game of footie now :D

Have a Google for Paintbrush for Mac, it's near like for like with MS Paint.

There are also a couple of Web based sites that allow you to draw and save the results (Deja definitely knows the names of these so she may be able to help there)

Being on mac won't prevent you (I'm a mac user also)

ALSO WELCOME!

Hahaha poor Stupid sexy fixxxer

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Oooh only just seen this thread.
    In please.
    Happy to paint again as it looks as if you need painters!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Who knew houses were so popular??

I'm suddenly worried 'other' is Deja get's you to call over to paint her house??? :eek:

ari101 wrote: »
    I'm suddenly worried 'other' is Deja get's you to call over to paint her house??? :eek:

Lol I thought this too. Unless her house is in Belfast she hasn't a hope of me coming to help her paint!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's the workshop , where we have to sharpen our tools , sorry , utensils :p

Trigger
    aaronjennings
    Grid.

Watch it fella's mo4 and hilda are down there waiting to stab ye in the back

:pac:

Trigger
    aaronjennings
    Grid.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523c9e11026f54af132d2e0915bef62d750bfbe252&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi Deja.
    I would like to be in, if there is room.
    I'll do anything you need bar painting because I don't have the relevant software and I wouldn't want to traumatise any of ye with my hand drawing!
    Cheers :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Trigger
    aaronjennings
    Grid.

Aw Seph , I'd never do that to people who are on the same team as myself!

Oh wait , oops , still , it takes a certain talent to stab you in the back straight to your face :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aw Seph , I'd never do that to people who are on the same team as myself!

Oh wait , oops , still , it takes a certain talent to stab you in the back straight to your face :p

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:D Thanks everybuddy! Looking forward to playing with y'all!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bs63t50w6868a1it77ps9dodyeuu4pr9ytyisf5te&rid=200w.gif

I am a wee tied up atm...
    tenor.gif
    ...but shall add the players to the roster shortly :) Thanks!

ari101 wrote: »
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lol I thought this too. Unless her house is in Belfast she hasn't a hope of me coming to help her paint!

It's grand folks, I've got it started so ye can just help out when you're free

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I think I might be losing it... Wasn't this wagon, not house yesterday?!

Advertisement