Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 5 : Monaco GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Good chance for Max to take a lot of points out of Hamilton in the WDC tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That’s an unreal top 10

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So was I the only one to think of Singapore and Renault ? I mean he was a mile off making the corner.

Yeah before I saw the replay I assumed it was a genuine accident but that was a very, very, very early turn-in. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lip Out

blingrhino wrote: »
    Worst grand prix of the season , i wont even watch it.
    No overtaking.
    was suitable in the 1960 `s when cars were able to pass each other, all glitz and glamour but rarely a decent race.

Cool.. sure we will see ya back here posting for the next race so.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Ah you'd have to hope le clerc has gearbox damage. Seems crazy you can hold pole by fookin up like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

skipper_G wrote: »
    Ferrari should be happy with the performance but that's a costly mistake from Leclerc. What damage to the car now, gearbox and that'll be a penalty

What's the penalty for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭quokula

Precedent for this from 2006 (which looked far more like a genuine mistake) is that Leclerc should be put to the back of the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

CSWS101 wrote: »

5 place grid penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

CSWS101 wrote: »

5 places they said on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah before I saw the replay I assumed it was a genuine accident but that was a very, very, very early turn-in. :/

It looked like me playing the F1 game years on the PlayStation and making balls of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭lolie

Listening to Leclerc speak he's such a likable fella.

quokula wrote: »
    Precedent for this from 2006 (which looked far more like a genuine mistake) is that Leclerc should be put to the back of the grid.

Do you actually think Schumacher's looked more like a genuine mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Schumacher parked his car at Rascasse. Literally just dumped it there. Leclercs was a high speed error.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Schumacher parked his car at Rascasse. Literally just dumped it there. Leclercs was a high speed error.

Aye Schumacher was cynical as feck, Charles just lost it and he may pay the price if he damaged the gearbox, definitely not intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭quokula

Do you actually think Schumacher's looked more like a genuine mistake?

He locked tyres as he brakes slightly too late. Leclerc’s insanely early turn in into the wall was far more suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

Didn't Schumacher afterwards confirm that he did it on purpose? Or got caught by the Stewart's?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It looked like me playing the F1 game years on the PlayStation and making balls of it.

I could fly through that section fine.

I always fúcked badly at Rascasse however. Just never found a good line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭klose

Slo-mo replay and all that, but leclerc was a good bit off clearing that corner that he clipped and lead to the crash so some people will of course start thinking he may have been deliberate.

If leclerc retains his pole it sets it up for an interesting one tomorrow for the championship, max has a real opportunity to reel back in Hamiltons lead.

Other observations, itialian jesus with a good quali, vettel seems to be improving race by race, Danny ric still a bit to go. Is alonso over the hill? Gasly with p6 is very very good.

He locked tyres as he brakes slightly too late. Leclerc’s insanely early turn in into the wall was far more suspicious.

Perhaps you are misremembering but he parked the car and made zero attempt to get going again.

And Leclerc did not do an insanely early turn ffs. Did you even watch it??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Harika wrote: »
    Didn't Schumacher afterwards confirm that he did it on purpose? Or got caught by the Stewart's?

I don't think he ever admitted it was done on purpose, he was relegated to starting in the pitlane by the stewards however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

For anyone new to the sport (like me!) there's been a couple of incidents like this before it seems.

Edit: I should add I'm not saying Charles did this on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

People make mistakes at Monaco all the time. Risky to bin it into a wall to red flag the session. Lot of work for the ferrari mechanics now and if there's gearbox damage it could cost him pole. Stranger things have happened in f1 but I don't see it...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ted Kravitz asking toto is LEC crashed deliberately.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ted Kravitz asking toto is LEC crashed deliberately.

Gonna guess Toto's answer was a bit ****-stirring and if it was his driver involved and someone else said what he said he'd be completely indignant.

At least no complaining about Hamilton winning from pole again.
    Btw Gasly in front of him....
    Also on the same row with Vettel, should bring up memories :D

I mean, why would he deliberately crash at a high speed section and put his car at serious risk of damage? Makes zero sense.

I mean, why would he deliberately crash at a high speed section and put his car at serious risk of damage? Makes zero sense.

Yeah he had a fighting chance to get pole position so makes no sense to cheat

Harika wrote: »
    Yeah he had a fighting chance to get pole position so makes no sense to cheat

At worst he'd be P2 if Max pulled off a massively quick lap. Again it makes no sense.

Comparisons to Schumacher in 2006 are nonsense. Schumacher parked his car on the corner at a slow speed section. In addition we all know Schumacher had history of shiithousery.

Leclerc isn't that type of driver and deliberately crashing at a high speed corner makes no sense whatsoever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

At worst he'd be P2 if Max pulled off a massively quick lap. Again it makes no sense.

Comparisons to Schumacher in 2006 are nonsense. Schumacher parked his car on the corner at a slow speed section. In addition we all know Schumacher had history of shiithousery.

Leclerc isn't that type of driver and deliberately crashing at a high speed corner makes no sense whatsoever.

Particularly when he may have damaged his gearbox and incurred a penalty.

• Advertisement

For the way he crashed the outcome he had was close to as bad as it could be. IF one were doing that deliberately one would expect to run straight on and only really damage the front.

There's no damning evidence but on balance it looks deliberate to me.

Advertisement