Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

deise121 wrote: »
    they refused to offer me a mortgage because we have multiple children and my partner can't work

Every bank have practically the same criteria, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Any updated timeline for Cork City Council? Applied a few weeks ago but heard nothing and now there is an ideal property just on the market. Am I wasting my time bidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

To those of you that have applied, did your local council let you know they got the application? We applied last week and I emailed and asked them to confirm they received the application but no response yet

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Jafin

To those of you that have applied, did your local council let you know they got the application? We applied last week and I emailed and asked them to confirm they received the application but no response yet

Yes, I got a letter in the post confirming receipt but that was about two weeks (possibly a bit longer) after I sent it in.

Jafin wrote: »
    Yes, I got a letter in the post confirming receipt but that was about two weeks (possibly a bit longer) after I sent it in.

Christ, that's a long time to wait for confirmation really important GDPR documents have been received by the right person. Thanks lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭3283winnie

Hi can anyone tell me a time line for sdcc so I applied 3 weeks ago got a mail to say it was sent to the housing agency what's the next step after this do I ring up and ask when the committee sit or do I wait to be emailed thanks for any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Will they take commission into account when applying for a loan?

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Will they take commission into account when applying for a loan?

Nope, not from my understanding. I was told overtime wouldn’t be counted either

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

3283winnie wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me a time line for sdcc so I applied 3 weeks ago got a mail to say it was sent to the housing agency what's the next step after this do I ring up and ask when the committee sit or do I wait to be emailed thanks for any help much appreciated

Hey.

First thing I'd say about SDCC is get ready to wait. It's likely to take a few months but I'd ring them all the time for an update as the credit committee don't sit all the time. They tend to look at applications in batches & not necessarily in order as far as I know.
    Hopefully you get sorted soon. It shouldn't take months but unfortunately it hasn't changed - quite a few people have said the same about SDCC.

Best of luck.

extrafluff wrote: »
    Hey.

First thing I'd say about SDCC is get ready to wait. It's likely to take a few months but I'd ring them all the time for an update as the credit committee don't sit all the time. They tend to look at applications in batches & not necessarily in order as far as I know.
    Hopefully you get sorted soon. It shouldn't take months but unfortunately it hasn't changed - quite a few people have said the same about SDCC.

Best of luck.

Thanks so much for your help really appreciate it. It's a hard waiting game although probably better off waiting with the way the market is now I wonder will it come back down again I'm hearing horror stories of bidding wars I'm not looking forward to that stress. Please God something will change soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Conio

Hi guys, I saw people mention before that certain documents for the application have to be recent or within a month or so but I can't find where I read it. I was just wondering how recent your bank statements/salary cert/insufficient offers etc have to be? As in can they be within 3 months or do they all have to be within a month of your application submission?

Conio wrote: »
    Hi guys, I saw people mention before that certain documents for the application have to be recent or within a month or so but I can't find where I read it. I was just wondering how recent your bank statements/salary cert/insufficient offers etc have to be? As in can they be within 3 months or do they all have to be within a month of your application submission?

I was told once all documents are within 6 months you will be fine if the process takes longer you may be required to give another bank statement hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Conio wrote: »

If i were you id give within a week of sending them in. They will want them at some stage anyway. So you’d just be slowing the process down for yourself.

9 weeks since i sent my application off. Not a dicky bird since.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LaurenMcHugh

Has anybody any idea what they mean when they say they’ve to send off Managers Orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

Has anybody any idea what they mean when they say they’ve to send off Managers Orders?

Your loan cheque is waiting to be signed by a manager at the council. Congrats!

9 weeks since i sent my application off. Not a dicky bird since.

waterford council have just emailed me yesterday to say they received my application. 1 week after i dropped it in, so not too bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I just found out about the rebuilding Ireland home loan recently. I'm a first time buyer, single, making 50K. I have good savings, and money I can cash out from investments to add to my deposit.

The max I can get from a bank is 175K, with a 10% deposit I can buy is 192500, with a 20% deposit I can get is 210000. That isn't getting me much more than a 1 bed apartment.

The home loan calculator says I can buy a house of up to 320K, which really opens up options for me, especially if i buy a new build and make use of the help to buy scheme. I'll be in a good position.

What do I need to do to be eligible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Antho12 wrote: »
    Your loan cheque is waiting to be signed by a manager at the council. Congrats!

Not exactly true. A Manager's Order (or Executive Order as they are now known) is an authorization for advancing the loan, but there is likely to be more steps involved before a cheque is issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

Not exactly true. A Manager's Order (or Executive Order as they are now known) is an authorization for advancing the loan, but there is likely to be more steps involved before a cheque is issued.

I’m just repeating what DCC told me when my loan was pending managers order. The cheque was sent to my solicitor a couple of days later.

• Advertisement

waterford council have just emailed me yesterday to say they received my application. 1 week after i dropped it in, so not too bad imo.

Awh i got an email 2 days after to say they have it, and all in order but nothing to say its been approved/declined or gone to the committee

The home loan calculator says I can buy a house of up to 320K

Yeah. I made that mistake, too.

Louth County Council told me the max they'd give me is 4.6x times my income. So marginally better than a 4.5x exception. I dunno who is able to get the maximum amount off them if they're only lending what the bank would be lending, anyway.

Hi lads, the Waterford city council has just emailed me to say my application has progressed to the underwriting stage of assessment and this process will take 3-4 weeks. Does this mean we have been approved? Or can the underwriter still deny it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yeah. I made that mistake, too.

Louth County Council told me the max they'd give me is 4.6x times my income. So marginally better than a 4.5x exception. I dunno who is able to get the maximum amount off them if they're only lending what the bank would be lending, anyway.

I'm at the very top of salary for a single applicant (50K). I guess what they're saying is that they will give me 225K and the max I can add to it is 95K

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

I'm at the very top of salary for a single applicant (50K). I guess what they're saying is that they will give me 225K and the max I can add to it is 95K

Yes You are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Hi lads, the Waterford city council has just emailed me to say my application has progressed to the underwriting stage of assessment and this process will take 3-4 weeks. Does this mean we have been approved? Or can the underwriter still deny it?

They will advise either or, then it goes to the credit committee meeting and then You will find out if approved.

Lauren52 wrote: »
    They will advise either or, then it goes to the credit committee meeting and then You will find out if approved.

brilliant, thanks a million. i suppose it's good news that the documentation we've sent in was good enough that they didn't ask for anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LaurenMcHugh

Antho12 wrote: »
    I’m just repeating what DCC told me when my loan was pending managers order. The cheque was sent to my solicitor a couple of days later.

Thanks for the responses. I sent all my forms back 2 weeks ago and heard last Friday that managers orders had to be done up and other documentation was to go to their solicitor and that theirs will be in touch with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rocha77

Does anyone know how long it takes after going to credit commitee in Fingal CC and when do they meet?

• Advertisement

rocha77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes after going to credit commitee in Fingal CC and when do they meet?

I emailed them yesterday this was the response.

Greetings Mark
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Your application was received, and will be brought to the credit committee at the end of May for final decision. We will inform you of the outcome shortly after that.

Kind Regards
    Ciarán

Advertisement