Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

The painful section. The "damage" done by box dye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Having being sidetracked with irrelevant matters (Current affairs and news.) Claire has steered the ship back towards important matters; skincare and prepping ones hair for the reopening of salons next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is brutal radio. Self serving shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

^its all part of the dumbing down and general infantilisation of the citizens, let them eat cake and leave all the important matters to those that know, no need to be bothering the electorate with all that complicated talk about policy and stuff. The pandemic has shown how easily a people can be cowed and steered and im sure the powers that be have taken notes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The painful section. The "damage" done by box dye.

I tuned out once I heard hair straightners :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The show needs straightening, not hair.

Infoanon wrote: »
    The issue is supply ,paying pharmacists to give the vaccine solves nothing when there is no vaccine to give. The distribution rate of vaccines received is above 90%.
    I didn't hear the programme, so I don't know if the pharmacist referred to it, but we have considerably more vaccines this week than we can deliver.

I understand that this was not the case 2 weeks ago, I'm not certain about last week. I think it is a new development.

€60 million every extra, unnecessary day. Every single day counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I didn't hear the programme, so I don't know if the pharmacist referred to it, but we have considerably more vaccines this week than we can deliver.

That was not mentioned in the programme.

What is the source of your information? , remember 50% of the Modern vaccine has to be retained as per the contract terms, this causes the gap between received and delivered to be exaggerated.

Infoanon wrote: »
    That was not mentioned in the programme.

What is the source of your information? , remember 50% of the Modern vaccine has to be retained as per the contract terms, this causes the gap between received and delivered to be exaggerated.

Brendan O'Connor show last Sunday. Over 310,000 doses were received last week. I'm aware of the Moderna retention, but these were Astra Zeneca and Pfizer, which now need fewer hold-backs due to prolonged vaccination dosages.

I suppose we will see for sure next week. I think the plan for this week is about 240,000.

Media monitoring of supply and delivery is very patchy, perhaps the data is quite opaque. I'd have thought this is where FOI comes in handy.

O dear God, Simon, Minister for everything except Health, Harris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Interesting how RTE have been putting forwards ads presenting themselves as the source of all truth and to be aware of those bad people on the Internet telling you lies. As it turns out, even the Government thinks RTE are telling you lies at this stage.

So who is lying, the Government or RTE?

Interesting how RTE have been putting forwards ads presenting themselves as the source of all truth and to be aware of those bad people on the Internet telling you lies. As it turns out, even the Government thinks RTE are telling you lies at this stage.

So who is lying, the Government or RTE?

The old adage of no smoke without fire comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Dempo1 wrote: »
    The old adage of no smoke without fire comes to mind
    I thought the RTE response yesterday was quite poor tbh - semantics over the wording, given how they presented it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I would derive great pleasure from giving an allmerciful kick in the hole to whoever came up with those words..... "glamping" and"staycation"

I would derive great pleasure from giving an allmerciful kick in the hole to whoever came up with those words..... "glamping" and"staycation"

And I'd have pleasure watching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Does anyone really care that Kate O'Connell isn't standing for FG in the bye election.

I've switched off. This revelation isn't exactly exciting news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why should the public care about the internal machinations of Fine Gael constituency politics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

Poor Kate is throwing a right little tantrum. Basically insulted that she was being asked to go to a convention and not annointed with the nomination.

"There is a faction in the party who wants to remove me"

Sorry luv. If everyone wants you out then you're the faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Does anyone really care that Kate O'Connell isn't standing for FG in the bye election.

I've switched off. This revelation isn't exactly exciting news.

I'd say Ivana Bacik is quite enthused :)

• Advertisement

south dublin snobbery

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

FG want another posh boy, cant have anyone rocking the boat,

This is comical. Kate O'Connell says she was too much of a culchie for the people of Dublin South. Kate O'Connell. The poshest woman in the Dail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

Her fate was sealed with her comments on BOC a few weeks ago,

touts wrote: »
    Poor Kate is throwing a right little tantrum. Basically insulted that she was being asked to go to a convention and not annointed with the nomination.

I like her forthright nature, but I don't think she's coming across well here. She is coming across as a bit entitled. Why doesn't she run as an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭leath_dub

She's really throwing the toys out of the pram here. It's a misoginystic ant-culchie hit on her. She's been royally shafted, according to her. Not encouraged to run for the Seanad as a nomination was on the way. The nomination never came. You don't cross Leo Kate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

But but no man was demoted. Forgive the choir boys bit because she’s a woman. O-k alright love ,there ,there now.

Why doesn’t she run as an independent if she is so desperate to get back into the dail

She cant really complain about the turf joke and then stand over her comments about choir boys. Surely both are fair game or both are not fair game.

• Advertisement

“Authentic fine gaelers” ffs

Advertisement