Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

I did answer the questiion
    Democracy is king and there can be no question among voters polled what FF or FG are currently doing or may do again
    The epic fail in going on about a power swap now is a majority of voters polled regard that view irrelevant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66,988 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I did answer the questiion
    Democracy is king and there can be no question among voters polled what FF or FG are currently doing or may do again
    The epic fail in going on about a power swap now is a majority of voters polled regard that view irrelevant :)

Not sure what you are saying tbh.

Not sure what you are saying tbh.

Oh I doubt that :)

Oh I doubt that :)

Answer this simpler version.

Do you think FF and FG will canvass on the basis that they will once again merge or will they campaign with the same stances they had last time out? I.E. will they be honest with the public this time.

I think you don't have to be sherlock Holmes to not expect them to canvass against each other anyway
    The polling suggests tacit acceptance that they are now dancing partners,indeed with a bigger number of others who continue to prefer to be on their dance card
    Ergo the swap analogy is obsolete
    The majority of the public have moved on

• Advertisement

I think you don't have to be sherlock Holmes to not expect them to canvass against each other anyway
    The polling suggests tacit acceptance that they are now dancing partners,indeed with a bigger number of others who continue to prefer to be on their dance card
    Ergo the swap analogy is obsolete
    The majority of the public have moved on

How are you seeing 'tacit acceptance'? Very little difference in polling previously, small swings to different parties.

How are you seeing 'tacit acceptance'? Very little difference in polling previously, small swings to different parties.

Quite simple Really,that Red C would return the current covernment or something similar if thats what the current governmentn parties want
    Impossible to argue voters don't know who will dance with who now
    But of course you already know that,uncofortable truth for you though it may be :)

FG will pull the plug on government this week when RTE expose how FF tried to arm the 'RA in the 70's on Wednesday night.

Wait'll you see!

Brilliant sense of humour.

Or is it a sense of desperation?

Answer this simpler version.

Do you think FF and FG will canvass on the basis that they will once again merge or will they campaign with the same stances they had last time out? I.E. will they be honest with the public this time.

I think that ALL candidates should be canvassing on the basis that they will do their utmost to form a government and act as spokesperson for the electorate.

Now, my sunlounger and Kindle are calling me.

I think that ALL candidates should be canvassing on the basis that they will do their utmost to form a government and act as spokesperson for the electorate.

Will they be telling the truth to the electorate when they canvas, that they are a single party!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Badly fukt wrote:
    Will they be telling the truth to the electorate when they canvas, that they are a single party!

Just as soon as SF admit that they're run by the army council and want a country modeled on Venezuela.

Just as soon as SF admit that they're run by the army council and want a country modeled on Venezuela.

But, but, but SF

So if a party says they won't talk to the party with the most votes you would deny them a vote Maryanne? If another party say they won't enter coalition with another party and do, will you do the same to them?

Or will you go with the nod and wink of Irish politics again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Sinn Fein discussion goes in the SF thread folks, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you think the power swap two will try to cod the electorate next time? Will they canvas as a coalition or as separate parties? Tough one to navigate. Vote for one, get the other as a brucie bonus.

Long way to go.

Looking at the figures, FG + SD + Labour + Greens get to 44%. An alternative coalition of FF + SF + Aontu is on 42%.

The poll actually opens up more possibilities than the limited scenario you are putting forward.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Looking at the figures, FG + SD + Labour + Greens get to 44%. An alternative coalition of FF + SF + Aontu is on 42%.

The poll actually opens up more possibilities than the limited scenario you are putting forward.

There were plenty of possibilities last time as there will be next time too. Only some limiting things though.

On those numbers,the easisest route to power for SF would be for leo vradakar to actually stick to his guns next time and relish opposition
    But who knows

On those numbers,the easisest route to power for SF would be for leo vradakar to actually stick to his guns next time and relish opposition
    But who knows

You think Leo the leak will still be there as leader? I bet much doubt it!

But who knows

Leo will be tanning his guns somewhere I reckon, next time.

You think Leo the leak will still be there as leader? I bet much doubt it!

I'd say so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Floppybits wrote: »

Rock up Hazel Chu: "as a woman from a diverse ethnic background, I deserve it"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Mav11 wrote: »

God help us all if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Floppybits wrote: »
    God help us all if that's the case.

And so say all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There were plenty of possibilities last time as there will be next time too. Only some limiting things though.

The point is that the fake narrative you posted of the two main parties is completely wrong.

I asked a question.

Here you go:
    Do you think the power swap two will try to cod the electorate next time? Will they canvas as a coalition or as separate parties? Tough one to navigate. Vote for one, get the other as a brucie bonus

Difficult to fight a by-election when you are in coalition.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1386954153285591040

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Kate O'Connell a shoe-in I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

A few media articles actually praising the government, or at least recognising their efforts, have surfaced in the last few days.
    Could it be?
    If there's good weather this summer the polls will change too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Mav11 wrote: »

Ossian Smyth ran a mile from endorsing her, on radio this evening.

Advertisement