Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Swim in the sh*t Ray at Ringsend. By way, what's the name of that movie again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

bmorrissey wrote: »
    turned on the radio, heard rays fake laugh he does when interviewing, turned radio off

Hahahahahahahahahahaha......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Brrrrrrrrrringgggg darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Furze99 wrote: »
    Swim in the sh*t Ray at Ringsend. By way, what's the name of that movie again :)

I was waiting for that text again today :D:D I should have text in myself to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

He rails against the church but all he sounds like is an angry priest admonishing his flock from the alter

does he realise that?

good point, as a joyless upper-middle-class busybody he would definitely have gone into the priesthood if he had been born a few decades earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't know what your definition of "upper middle class" is but there were no silver spoons in the Darcy household.

Fair enough if you don't like the guy but that's no reason to go making things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

goose2005 wrote: »
    good point, as a joyless upper-middle-class busybody he would definitely have gone into the priesthood if he had been born a few decades earlier
    elperello wrote: »
    I don't know what your definition of "upper middle class" is but there were no silver spoons in the Darcy household.

Fair enough if you don't like the guy but that's no reason to go making things up.

Substitute ‘chancer’ for ‘upper-middle-class busybody‘ and he’s spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

He did mention on one of his shows a few weeks ago that Jenny had mentioned he had become middle class now...I think Jenny comes from a well to do background..

jk23 wrote: »
    He did mention on one of his shows a few weeks ago that Jenny had mentioned he had become middle class now...I think Jenny comes from a well to do background..

Most people in Ireland are middle class, 60% according to the OECD. 31% are lower-income and 9% are upper income.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/ireland-s-middle-class-who-they-are-how-they-re-being-squeezed-1.3874258

Earning €400,000 or more per year, even as a contractor, is not your ordinary middle-class income.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

jk23 wrote: »

Jennys Dad made a mint from the state from his work defending politicians in one of the tribunals.

And Ray is now making a mint from the state by messing up pressing buttons and failing as a TV presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He certainly puts the Ray in Disarray. Another broadcasting disaster yesterday from one of Ireland's highest paid broadcasters.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/rte-star-ray-darcys-son-23942960

"The RTÉ star also suffered a live TV blunder as his phone notifications kept interrupting the broadcast.The show was forced to take a commercial break while Ray dealt with his technology issues at home but when his interview resumed the notifications could still be heard by viewers at home."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

What's a Strava App for?

As for D'Arcy not being able shut it off......not surprised......why not just use laptop for such calls; more reliable surely?

So unprofessional & embarrassing & insulting to the presenters; do you think he'd do that if it was an RTE show.......?

So it's their fault for asking you on and expecting you to being able to be competent with a laptop?
    Looking for excuses as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭leath_dub

D'Arcy has a daily excuse for why he's sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

He should give up this talking on the radio. If you listen to it, it's like a talk by someone who was never on radio before.

This Meditation interview is sending me to sleep; that's the point of the interview right?

300 Pages of a book on meditation? On this interview you'd be asleep just reading the blurb.

D'Arcy's spent what seems like half an hour on this; yer mans publishers must be chucking him a serious bit of wedge; this is more proof the show should feature more music.

How aimless must your life be to write a book on meditation; such a load of pompous, self-interest, self-aggrandising (sp?) b******s.

Everyone has a book in them; some of us know not to publish it for others to read.

He's getting, he gets counselling over job security issues.....and if it all went belly up at the Mother Ship he'd go back to his roots & become a Wedding DJ > https://www.buzz.ie/celebrity/ray-darcy-rte-den-radio-23949431?fbclid=IwAR2_XsR8FegR5c05sxUKpvcmBIEfQ1Q4N-TzCkOm7bddfip2IWu4_8_B31A

Don't worry Ray, there's no hope of RTE giving you the bullet even as, I think, a contractor.

Imagine the comedown though if he did become a Wedding DJ? He'd be morto ha ha! No way could he take it.

Would imagine on his RTE & Today FM salaries over the past 30+ years he's well set up & no need for the job security concerns; his broadcasting network would never let him down & there'd be plenty of PR/Comms firms who'd take him on in some role incl. as an MC etc.

But the chances of that being necessary prior to him reaching retirement age in 12 years time are, I'd imagine, zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can I be blunt....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Can I be blunt....

As James Hillier Blount said to his manager.

Imagine the comedown though if he did become a Wedding DJ? He'd be morto ha ha! No way could he take it.

The man couldn't stop the notifications on his phone (which remember was only being used cos he couldn't get his laptop working), what are the chances of him being able to run an entire wedding from his phone?

This is how it would go:
    Ray: "And now for the first dance. "
    *invariably plays the wrong song or an ad break*
    Ray: Eh, that's not it why is that not working.
    *looks for someone to blame, usually the technology or a colleague*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The man couldn't stop the notifications on his phone (which remember was only being used cos he couldn't get his laptop working), what are the chances of him being able to run an entire wedding from his phone?

This is how it would go:
    Ray: "And now for the first dance. "
    *invariably plays the wrong song or an ad break*
    Ray: Eh, that's not it why is that not working.
    *looks for someone to blame, usually the technology or a colleague*

Can we cut to a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What a pompous little git, I know if I was one of his siblings I'd be pissed off with him bad mouthing his Da.

Ask yourself Ray, maybe your Da wanted to get away from you ya little dork.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

€400k and he's cheapskating on runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The man shouldn't be allowed near technology....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

nice laugh there

"queer Muslims"? If I used that term here I would be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Ray is really trying to draw some racism stories out of this lad, constantly trying to get him to highlight the negative aspects of the portrayal of Muslims

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

That woman deserves to be roasted, random facebook ad for a random business in the states going into liquidation looking for 35 euro for "electrical goods". Kiss that money goodbye.

What a pompous little git, I know if I was one of his siblings I'd be pissed off with him bad mouthing his Da.

Ask yourself Ray, maybe your Da wanted to get away from you ya little dork.

Also this is the Da he had on every Shrove Tuesday for his pancake recipe for's long's he's been doing the radio across both stations.......such an odd thing to cut him down now he's passed on.....and yeah, some things can be off-limits & if I was a sibling I'd be absolutely fuming with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What did he say about his father?

Advertisement