Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank of Ireland - CH4 10pm All episodes on All4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

funny to see nidge from love/hate in it. its a hard life in acting. 10 years ago everyone wanted to be him. but now....

What are you talking about? He's been in loads of films, including two of the biggest grossing films of all time, Avengers:Infinity War and Avengers:Endgame.

Was wondering at the start but I was laughing towards the end....will give it another cracking next week.

All episodes on All4, fantastic free service, available completely in Ireland. Xbox/PlayStation apps and mobile. Or through web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I am in the awful brigade, gave up halfway through the second half.
    I was trying to work where it was set, when he was in taxi I thought it was dublin but when he to the Funeral near the sea couldn't work out where it was (looked a bit like Salthill to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There is a shot of malahide train station in the opening scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was thinking the church was in Kinsealy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The gym was Tallaght and in one scene you could see the chimneys in Poolbeg in the background. Seems to have been set around Dublin.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The gym was Tallaght and in one scene you could see the chimneys in Poolbeg in the background. Seems to have been set around Dublin.

Ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Wanted to like it but it's up there with the worst nonsense I've ever seen. Like the cast, but feel they may regret this. Maybe no other work going during pandemic and no choice.

2 Gleesons, haven't seen Brian in much since love hate but thought Domhnall was decent in a few things
    Always like Pat Shortt
    Sarah Greene is a cracker I'm mad about her
    Vaughan Lawlor played the iconic nidge. This show should be good but the writing is nonsense. Plot a 14 year old would script.

Theres only 2 hours from start to finish so might watch for the chance there's a decent joke or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

some of the most unfunny crap I've ever watched, can't believe I sat through 2 episodes
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,626 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is daddy Brendan in any of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

jesus why didnt somebody tell me.definitely watching it now.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

Embarrassing for all involved. Won't watch any more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He's in a later episode, think it's a small enough role

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes and he should have known better. His character is brutal. Shows parents will sacrifice anything for their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Holy faaaack, this is deplorable.
    Only halfway through 1st episode but will give it til then end

Doubt it is in any way possible to redeem itself
    Absolute muck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

funny to see nidge from love/hate in it. its a hard life in acting. 10 years ago everyone wanted to be him. but now....

He’s a marvel character in the biggest franchise of the last decade ya feckin eegit

I just watched them all recovering from surgery and they brightened my day , oddly brendans was the least good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I didn't make it beyond fifteen minutes or so. And fair play to anyone who did.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    I didn't make it beyond fifteen minutes or so. And fair play to anyone who did.

I watched it all tonight. Don't know how. ****e from start to finish but only 2 hours I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm watching it now.. such a talented cast absolutely wasted! :(

EDIT: 11 minutes, 11 seconds.. that's how long I made it into the first episode. Embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Very disappointed, was looking forward to this and with the stellar cast I was thinking how bad could it be.
    It was cringeworthy the Comedy definitely doesn’t suit the majority of the cast .
    I really struggled to make it to the end of first episode.

:)
    harr wrote: »
    Very disappointed, was looking forward to this and with the stellar cast I was thinking how bad could it be.
    It was cringeworthy the Comedy definitely doesn’t suit the majority of the cast .
    I really struggled to make it to the end of first episode.

Exact same as you....was looking forward to this...but so disappointing. Managed / pushed myself through 2episodes...you were right to quit early.....it didn't get any better

I honestly can’t figure out what you were all expecting, have you seen the gleesons before? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

jesus why didnt somebody tell me.definitely watching it now.:rolleyes:

That was in response to the post before it ya eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Only saw the funeral episode not terrible but it didn't really work. Not surreal enough to let the stupidity of the main "bit" pass. No one, genuinely no one, would behave like they did. So it's too ridiculous for dramedy, which it maybe could have worked better as imo. I'll still watch the rest, perfectly harmless way to burn a couple of hours

Pat Shortt is ageing well though.

I would say I actually liked The Walshes when it was on so my judgement of Irish comedy may not be the best!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Only saw the funeral episode not terrible but it didn't really work. Not surreal enough to let the stupidity of the main "bit" pass. No one, genuinely no one, would behave like they did. So it's too ridiculous for dramedy, which it maybe could have worked better as imo. I'll still watch the rest, perfectly harmless way to burn a couple of hours

Pat Shortt is ageing well though.

I would say I actually liked The Walshes when it was on so my judgement of Irish comedy may not be the best!

It’s not a documentary:) I suspended belief from the start , he can’t even play guitar ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It’s not a documentary:) I suspended belief from the start , he can’t even play guitar ffs

I'll wait to watch the others before I make up my mind, certainly not bothered enough either way to stress over it but you clearly liked it, that's fine too, keep fighting the good fight. :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I'll wait to watch the others before I make up my mind, certainly not bothered enough either way to stress over it but you clearly liked it, that's fine too, keep fighting the good fight. :pac:

Ha I had a mad one yesterday in hospital and had that to watch after I got out and it got me through a hole and then thought “let’s see what boards think “ and it was surreal how angry it made people:) I honestly thought it was a good natured farce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Watched all of this yesterday. I think I was expecting too much when I saw the cast tbh cos it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Wouldn't have bothered past episode 1 only for it being on demand and the next episode starting straight away. Complete nonsense and not even in a funny kinda way, just terrible.

Some nice shots of Dublin in it though. Always fun trying to work out the locations when watching and Irish show.

Advertisement