Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

• 03-04-2021 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome everyone to the reveal thread for my second walrus!

cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Forig12.deviantart.net%2Fe834%2Ff%2F2011%2F312%2F4%2F9%2Fninja_walrus_by_kivei-d4fk5an.png

Here is a reminder of what the categories were. I shall be revealing in the order of the categories given and as stated, intend to do one reveal per week.
    The Categories ::

1. A song that brings you joy
    2. A song that reminds you of a time of the day
    3. A song that you sing or hum along to in the shower
    4. An ethereal or spiritual sounding song
    5. A song that reminds you of a fantasy theme/setting
    6. A song that has a line from a movie in it or has sampled a line from a movie.
    7. A song about, by ,or featuring the name of a man that Taylor Swift has dated
    8. A song that you like to listen to when browsing and entering games on Forum Games.

And here is a list of our entrants
    Final entrance list (15)

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears
    Sephiroth_dude
    Irish Aris
    JP Liz V1
    Arghus
    H2DPB
    Ari101
    Fixxxer

The signup thread was here :: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058166103 and it is now closed :D

First reveal I am planning to take place on either Tuesday the 6th or Wednesday the 7th of April and will kick off from around 9:30pm. Will confirm the date closer to the time. Hope to see you all then :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The best thing about Walrus is as soon as I press send, I forget my entries. Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

fixXxer wrote: »
    The best thing about Walrus is as soon as I press send, I forget my entries. Looking forward to this :)

I always keep the PMs until the competition is over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

fixXxer wrote: »
    The worst thing about Walrus is as soon as I press send, I start thinking of better songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Rikand wrote: »
    Welcome everyone to the reveal thread for my second walrus!

ooh I just realized this is a walrus I'm quite happy with all submissions.

So looking forward to this just to hear my own songs :P

So..

1. Doubt my song will go down well with the masses but I think it's hilarious
    2. Love the song I've put through because it very 'me'
    3. I love this song but I think it's more of a grower rather than an instant like/love
    4. Great song, but one or two solo parts that may not hold your attention if your not into that kinda stuff
    5. Doubt you'll like this but I think it's brilliant!
    6. Struggled so so much with this but happy enough with what I came up with
    7. Again, was struggling a bit with what was gonna happen here, but definitely happy with my choice and surprised I came up with something that I think is decent
    8. Love this song

BRING IT ON :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,920 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would you believe I only discovered this year how to save sent items :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would you believe I only discovered this year how to save sent items :o

:)
    I can't remember if the button in the options was on by default or I ticked it, but it always saved in my sent items.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Reveal tonight at 9:30pm. I'm mostly happy with my list, just two songs that keep switching places but I'll run with it anyway :)

I enjoy this moment of each walrus, when I look back at what I entered and I'm happy. I think I'm going to win and the naivety of that delusion hasn't been highlighted yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Well mid table in the peehs, nearly time for the serious business of defending my one and only walrus crown :D

reveal starting in 30 minutes. Lets see how you get on this time osh and EN :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I enjoy this moment of each walrus, when I look back at what I entered and I'm happy. I think I'm going to win and the naivety of that delusion hasn't been highlighted yet :D

You just have to remember its them who are wrong, not you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hitherecat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This should be fun. My first song could easily come last :D

osh wrote: »
    You just have to remember its them who are wrong, not you
    It's never even crossed my mind that it could be me :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShaneU wrote:
    This should be fun. My first song could easily come last

*Checks entries*

Nah brah, I got this :pac:

Hoping for a sea shanty free round

ready and waiting...

bring on the sesh! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I went heavy enough on the oul electronical music in this one.

Arghus wrote: »

Oh, is that what you call it ?

Arghus wrote: »

I went heavy on the heavy stuff :pac:

well, other than my first gem, and one pop song, the rest are a bit heavy

• Advertisement

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47z1pww3fnwr3vxa458bt8xo14o7jcmwfru1bc2d3o&rid=giphy.webp

Okay, lets get this show on the road!

For the first round, I'm just gonna straight up reveal from 15th to 1st, put some people out of their misery early on or maybe I'm just trying to get rid of their songs so I dont have to think about linking them later on :D

I post semi-prepared streams of consciousness. Most of my notes are garbled rubbish, I turn them into coherant sentences at reveal time. Plus, for most of these songs, I dont remember who submitted them. I just pull them all out of the PM's stick them in word, randomize the list and then start listening. It tries to ensure that I wont have any subconscious bias. This way it gives Necro a fair shot. So I'll be going back to the PM's to find the entrant each time :D

haven't a clue what any of that means, but i've the notepad ready so let go :)

It tries to ensure that I wont have any subconscious bias. This way it gives Necro a fair shot
    giphy.gif

In 15th Place scoring 1 point

Avicii - Wake me up :: Submitted by
    JP Liz V1

Yeah, so I hate this song. Its one of my least favourite songs of all time. I just despise it. And like, I'm not gonna be the judger of joy for someone. But this song brings me the opposite of joy every time I hear it for a number of reasons some it personal which I won't go into but I just hate it. One of my least favourite songs of all time.

Sorry
    Liz
    <3

I'm getting deja vu... :D
    Necro wrote: »
    In 18th place with 11 points

JP Liz V1

Avicii – Wake Me Up

I do like some of Avicii’s stuff – was never mad on this track mind. For a dance track it’s wild slow, that being said I remember being on a dancefloor and everyone literally just jumping to this, so I suppose it works in a way? Anyways, definitely a good fit for chasing away the Monday blues, so here is about right for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

What was it I submitted.... scratches head...?

oh I liked that Avicii song just for the beat, but i've never actually paid attention to the lyrics.

have much more of an appreciation for the song now!

In 14th Place scoring 2 points

Luke Kelly - Hand me down my bible :: Submitted by
    H2DPB

I hate Luke Kellys voice. I know some people consider him a God amongst men. My wife cannot understand my hatred. She thinks he is amazing and a national treasure but I feel sorry for the world that Luke Kelly was inflicted upon them. To me he just cannot sing at all. A shouter and an awful singer and I listen to this and I want to smash his face in repeatedly with the fat end of a phone book. This submitter is just lucky that wake me up was submitted because in the order of hatred in this reveal its

Avicii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what came in 3rd last place :mad: .

• Advertisement

Honestly I do try to hold back but anyone who read my first reveal knows that sometimes I just cant

Advertisement