Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Necro wrote: »
    In 22nd place with 7 points

Spook_ie

New Order – Blue Monday

I did a bit of a double take when going to do the write ups if I’m honest. Saw this song was down really low and had to go back for another relisten because I thought it was a mistake. Nope, turns out I like all the tracks in the round (well from here on in anyways) and this lost out as a result of being liked the least. Great choice, lovely song, just the ones above it were better in my own view.

Oh no! Do a 3rd take quick

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

In 21st place with 8 points

The purple tin
    :eek:

Billy Gibbons & Jeff Beck – Sixteen Tons

Loved this one, kicking off with power guitar from the get go. Tried to put it higher up but this is fair I reckon. Glad the same person doesn’t finish bottom in every category too, that would not be fun I can only imagine :/ Cheers for the entries though!

This is MY fave so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Good song , nice choice in fairness S'S !

thank you :)

I think it's great fun. and I thought the Kelis feature would have been at least a bit of a hit for memories alone.

that Kelis song was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

This is MY fave so far!

Mine too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 18th place with 11 points

JP Liz V1

Avicii – Wake Me Up

I do like some of Avicii’s stuff – was never mad on this track mind. For a dance track it’s wild slow, that being said I remember being on a dancefloor and everyone literally just jumping to this, so I suppose it works in a way? Anyways, definitely a good fit for chasing away the Monday blues, so here is about right for it.

• Advertisement

Good song , nice choice in fairness S'S !
    It's a great song.Sinead.

I think it's great fun. and I thought the Kelis feature would have been at least a bit of a hit for memories alone.

that Kelis song was great!

see Necro, see how wrong you are :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

see Necro, see how wrong you are :p

71909d2379b8d7c2e8f2826a0ccffd2f.gif

:D

Nearly entered Wake me Up myself love it

In 17th place with 12 points

Sephiroth_dude

Deftones – My Own Summer (Shove It)

So apparently Seph’s idea to get rid of my Monday blues is to scream at me until they’re gone? :P Gotta say, it definitely works with the track. Love the backing guitars throughout. Song is decent, very much enjoyed the listens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Highest finish yet I think 😄

unBaC1m.gif

• Advertisement

In 16th place with 13 points

Mustang shelly

Florence & The Machine – What The Water Gave Me

Another Florence track, another decent score here. This one does slightly better as it has more of that power normally associated with Florence and her choruses. This playlist in general is really great, kudos to you all.

That score takes mustang shelly onto 73 points, 4 shy of the leader Spook.

Still time for that to change however....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I have to say , no offense Shelley, but I don't like FATM at all .

I love Spectrum.

In 15th place with 14 points

KathleenGrant

Panic! At The Disco – Crazy=Genius

I do like a bit of Panic if I’m honest. Wouldn’t have delved massively into them mind, so this was a nice surprise. Will be doing so now after this Walrus is over however. Enjoyed this a lot.

And THAT score takes KathleenGrant into the LEAD, with a total of 79 points....

Sorry Spook, you've been overtaken at the final stretch

giphy.gif

Can KG keep hold of the lead though...

In 15th place with 14 points

KathleenGrant

Panic! At The Disco – Crazy=Genius

I do like a bit of Panic if I’m honest. Wouldn’t have delved massively into them mind, so this was a nice surprise. Will be doing so now after this Walrus is over however. Enjoyed this a lot.

Panic! at the Disco are my favourite band after Queen. Can't get enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I only like one or two songs of theirs so no offence taken :D

In 14th place with 15 points

Trigger

Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire

By jaysus I’m 18 again and back in the Leitrim Bar in Sligo with four 2 euro vodkas in my hand! Great track, really takes me back (as I’ve said lol). I can see this chasing away my Monday Blues (or when it came out, probably my vodka fueled hangover :pac: ) Another fine choice.

woohoo Kathleen in the lead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,404 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nearly entered Wake me Up myself love it

I love it, great track

Great choice Trigger.

In 13th place with 16 points

Bubblypop

Underworld – Born Slippy

Oh man now I’m trippin on a Monday, let’s go raving to cure these blues :D This is brilliant, and absolutely works for this category. Drops a few places because of familiarity but other than that it was a clever pick.

I think Kathleen choices are my favourites in this so far

woohoo Kathleen in the lead!

I'm sure that won't last. Just thrulled not to be last.

bubblypop raves her way to a total of 76 points, a fine score indeed. Not enough to take the crown but has her in third place overall so far, perhaps a podium place?

Ah Born Slippy, absolute banger !!

edit: banger=great in case anyone thinks it means something like a wrote off car lol

I'm sure that won't last. Just thrulled not to be last.

I couldn't ever care if i came last once I were happy with my songs. I'd just tell myself the host hasn't a clue :D:D

In 12th place with 17 points

Electric Nitwit

Pulp – Monday Morning

There’s nothing like a Pulp track to shake the cobwebs this morning alright. Interestingly the track name will feature again later in this ranking, but will it be higher or lower than Pulp? :P Anyways I just really enjoyed this song and placing it high was very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I only ever just enter the songs for the fun of it , not competitive at all tbh , it's great seeing so many varying song choices , a lot new to me!

Advertisement