Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fjon wrote: »
    wonder what will happen to the Bray Bowl after this. Surely there's no need for two bowling alleys 5 mins walk apart?

Bray bowl will always pull a certain crowd. Especially if their BYOB deal is still going when we get back to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Tower REcords sells DVDS too.

"Bert's Bowl" - don't tell me they're doing their "est. 1897" bull****...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Muji
    Tower Records
    Siopa Vino (although this looks to be generic)
    Dollard & Co

Two/Three of these are nice, Muji does lovely stationery, would be nice to have a good wine shop, Dollard & Co is a nice option for the odd fancy shop (say for a date night meal at home), Tower records though? Must be still a big vinyl boom.

Its a weird brochure

We know they will have these because the brochure explicitly says so
    Stella Cinema (Press up group)
    Wowburger (press up group)
    Elephant and Castle (press up group)
    Dollard Pizza (press up group)
    Dime coffee shop (press up group)
    Doolally indian (press up group)
    Double 8 (press up group)
    Berts Bowl (likely Press up group)

Umi falafel
    Sallys ice cream rolls

Then you have
    Muji
    Tower Records
    Siopa Vino (possible brand?)

But the brochure doesnt explicitly say that Tower and Muji have signed up

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Tower REcords sells DVDS too.

Are DVDs making a return like vintage vinyl is?

• Advertisement

Annasopra wrote: »
    Its a weird brochure

But the brochure doesnt explicitly say that Tower and Muji have signed up

No doubt it’s odd, I’m just happy that if a Muji shows up it’s a nice shop I’ll actually use and isn’t yet another €2 shop/pharmacy/coffee shop (yes I know these are making it work in bray but still nice to see something different).

Are DVDs making a return like vintage vinyl is?

There is a market for blurays.

Is Smash Bray yet another Duggan outlet?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It’s declining and I just can’t see a Tower Records coming to the new centre.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Seriously?

I think you will find that everyone is streaming now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Is Smash Bray yet another Duggan outlet?

Seems to be. Seems strange to launch a new burger brand.

Its mad.

Since the pandemic they have launched
    A vegan brand (vox burger)
    A new chicken brand (joes chicken)
    A new Asian brand ('little king)
    Alliances with all sorts of other brands: jameson, daata
    Their own overall parent brand: Born in Bray

So now they have
    Box Burger
    Vox Burger
    Smashed Burger
    Wing It
    Joes Chicken
    Platform
    Fish Bar
    Little King
    Martello
    Harbour Bar
    Firefly
    One14

Terry Pratchet

murpho999 wrote: »
    It’s declining and I just can’t see a Tower Records coming to the new centre.

Why would Tower Records and Muji let the Estate agent use their logo in the brochure?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Its mad.

So now they have
    Box Burger
    Vox Burger
    Smashed Burger
    Wing It
    Joes Chicken
    Platform
    Fish Bar
    Little King
    Martello
    Harbour Bar
    Firefly
    One14

Have they a stake in catalyst too?

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    Have they a stake in catalyst too?

They dont own it no. Fairly sure they dont have any shares or anything.

Terry Pratchet

I asked the staff, and they don't seem to understand why he's launched another burger company.

Are they trying to fight against the onslaught of presusp?

Why would Tower Records and Muji let the Estate agent use their logo in the brochure?

You'll never guess what... did a couple of company checks there and you guessed it Muji and Tower are both owned by PressUp (McKillen) (well their Irish subsidiaries) :pac:. They really need to rename this to PressUp Town Centre at this point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Fair play to the Duggans for their investment and innovation.

Catalyst rent the property from them.

Daata benefitted from the Duggans input.... do you remember when it was a shop with a food operation running out the back. Great food but many were put off by the plastic toys and cornflakes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Fair play to the Duggans for their investment and innovation.

Catalyst rent the property from them.

Daata benefitted from the Duggans input.... do you remember when it was a shop with a food operation running out the back. Great food but many were put off by the plastic toys and cornflakes on sale.

They are very good operators. Always trying new things and the level of service and quality of food is usually well above their competitors.

Always thought they would do a much better job of running Butler and Barry/Finbees if they owned it.

THey're the anti-Pressup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You'll never guess what... did a couple of company checks there and you guessed it Muji and Tower are both owned by PressUp (McKillen) (well their Irish subsidiaries) :pac:. They really need to rename this to PressUp Town Centre at this point :D

Interesting so they don't need their permission to put their signs in their mock-ups.

I wouldn't see that as a confirmation that those shops will be there at all.

Its mad.

So now they have
    Box Burger
    Vox Burger
    Smashed Burger
    Wing It
    Joes Chicken
    Platform
    Fish Bar
    Little King
    Martello
    Harbour Bar
    Firefly
    One14

Do any of these new offerings have a physical location, or are they all operating out of the Martello kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

It seems to be a different type of Burger place though... Following the likes of In'n'Out Burger, 5 guys, Bunsen... Small menus done well.

Interesting so they don't need their permission to put their signs in their mock-ups.

True, only confirmation will be when it opens up in my mind (I sound like a Penney's rumour die-hard still clasping at straws) :)
    Shaneo87ie wrote: »
    It seems to be a different type of Burger place though... Following the likes of In'n'Out Burger, 5 guys, Bunsen... Small menus done well.

I haven't been or seen anything from this new Smash burger place, but smash burgers are quite different than the likes of Box burger burgers. I love smash burgers but I don't think a restaurant of them will last. If it does, well, fair play.

Yes. It looks like someone in Pressup decided to use the logos but it means nothing else.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Saw that there is going to be a new Thai restaurant opening where Galito used to be (Tulli Thai).
    I don't think there are any other sit down Thai places in Bray.
    Saw a video of the interior and it looks a lot blander than Galito, which is a shame. Hopefully the food will be better than the decor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Saw that there is going to be a new Thai restaurant opening where Galito used to be (Tulli Thai).
    Saw a video of the interior and it looks a lot blander than Galito, which is a shame. Hopefully the food will be better than the decor.
    They're already open for takeaway. Had a chilli lime beef stir fry from there last week and it was excellent.

Just had a look at the video and yes the decor is very drab and dated. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Ah to be fair, there has ‘suppose’ to have been no to extraordinarily little building works going on since Christmas and the prospect of ‘dinning in’ is some way off. As a new business in these times, I would be focused on the food offerings and delivery service. If the experience of ‘Alun’ had is a testament to the quality of the food, then things look good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Is Everest of Kathmandu closed or just being redecorated?

Advertisement