Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CHEAPO-ECO-MANIACS (sub-500euro)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I will leave this here for you. Take note of the displacement of the PSA XUD 1.9 litre engine. More examples out there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_XUD_engine

?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

?
    In answer to your original incorrect point...
    No rounding down when it comes to classifying a cars engine size, it's "up to and under".
    I noted that the PSA XUD 1905cc engine is a 1.9 litre and the PSA XUD 2138cc engine is a 2.1 litre giving a link to show that to be the case. As I mentioned there are more examples out there.

In answer to your original incorrect point...

I noted that the PSA XUD 1905cc engine is a 1.9 litre and the PSA XUD 2138cc engine is a 2.1 litre giving a link to show that to be the case. As I mentioned there are more examples out there.

Ah john, don't take it to heart man.

It is what it is and that car can't be classed as a 1.1 when it is over 1.1. It's not being "marketed" incorrectly as you claimed and bringing a wikepedia page into the motor tax office isn't going to change anything for you or anyone else.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Ah john, don't take it to heart man.

It is what it is and that car can't be classed as a 1.1 when it is over 1.1. It's not being "marketed" incorrectly as you claimed and bringing a wikepedia page into the motor tax office isn't going to change anything for you or anyone else.
    I'm not in any shape or form taking it to heart. What would even make you think that? Was just answering the incorrect reply you made to my post in the first place. As the conversation was about how engine capacity was classified (and to that end a 1,149 cc engine is a 1.1 litre), not how the Irish motor tax system works on the cubic capacity basis of assessment (hopefully we all know that one at this stage).

Anyway I would hope nobody is taking it to heart and think it should be left at that as its really not what the thread should be about.

I'm not in any shape or form taking it to heart. What would even make you think that? Was just answering the incorrect reply you made to my post in the first place. As the conversation was about how engine capacity was classified (and to that end a 1,149 cc engine is a 1.1 litre), not how the Irish motor tax system works on the cubic capacity basis of assessment (hopefully we all that that one at this stage).

Anyway I would hope nobody is taking it to heart and think it should be left at that as its really not what the thread should be about.

Good man john.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'm not in any shape or form taking it to heart. What would even make you think that? Was just answering the incorrect reply you made to my post in the first place. As the conversation was about how engine capacity was classified (and to that end a 1,149 cc engine is a 1.1 litre), not how the Irish motor tax system works on the cubic capacity basis of assessment (hopefully we all know that one at this stage).

Looking at it maybe you are right. It probably should have been classed as a 1.1 but I guess Renault thought 1. 2 sounded better and the Irish tax system and man certainly did at the time. Maybe if it had of been 1,150 or more then yes 1.2 would have made more sense but it is what it is and besides I doubt that it would make that much difference to the engine in power or performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Sporty beast made €150 on a dungdeal sale. Ha! Probably would have made that in the scrapper. But the owner just wanted it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Sporty beast made €150 on a dungdeal sale. Ha! Probably would have made that in the scrapper. But the owner just wanted it gone.

The shopping trolly on the astroturf pitch makes me uncomfortable..

Gonna keep a lookout for that Clio on Done deal in the coming weeks..

job seeker wrote: »
    The shopping trolly on the astroturf pitch makes me uncomfortable..

Gonna keep a lookout for that Clio on Done deal in the coming weeks..

Yeah will probably show up next month as super summer special offer with one lady owner and very low mileage 'just used to drive to mass on Sunday ' polished to within an inch of its life.
    Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭User1998

Looks like John Connors bought the car from you

• Advertisement

User1998 wrote: »
    Looks like John Connors bought the car from you

It wasn't my car. And no it was a local lad bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-primera/27511934

MzNlMGI1NzBlNjQ3MWMxN2E0MGY3ZjI2ZDIyMmY4NGLnkGbncgfLSFW5zsgXXj7FaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQwNDI1MTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

You don't see too many of these anymore

1.6 Primera with NCT til August and some amount of tax, €300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

sunroof looks like someone was jumping on it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-audi-a6-1-9-diesel-years-nct/27517183

ZTlhNzM3MTkyNmZlNWFiOGU4ZmUxYWVlODY3MWQ1OGPQu8W4UnJnShZrNwQge6jAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQwODQzMTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice spec A6 TDI with NCT til March 2022, €350!

Nice reg, same owner for the last two years, tax paid in full last time etc. This has a very genuine air to it.

I'm sure you could live with a small crunch in 2nd. Sure even if you got 6 months out of it you'd be doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,541 ✭✭✭✭elperello

gussieg wrote: »
    sunroof looks like someone was jumping on it

I think that is a reflection on the glass.

Anyway someone jumped on the car, it's gone already :).

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micra-1-0l-2000-nct-01-22/27539099

YzMxOGI5Y2NmZjBiMDM2OTU5Y2MxM2YwOWM0N2Y5ODAjppTlYyQVzi6hnYKbFuB7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzMjkxMDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cool looking Micra with NCT til January 2022 for €290

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭McCrack

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micra-1-0l-2000-nct-01-22/27539099

YzMxOGI5Y2NmZjBiMDM2OTU5Y2MxM2YwOWM0N2Y5ODAjppTlYyQVzi6hnYKbFuB7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzMjkxMDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cool looking Micra with NCT til January 2022 for €290

They're awful. Might get 50 for scrap

McCrack wrote: »

How many €50 Micras with 9 months test are there on DoneDeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The asking price is good for it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I wouldn't have thought anyone would be complaining about 290quid for a cockroach of a machine like that.

And yet here we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

How many €50 Micras with 9 months test are there on DoneDeal?

the ones that are brimmed with petrol

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-estate-1-9-tdi/27596044

MzdmMzk5YmU0NWUyMDhhOGRmMWY4MDIxMWFmMDJkOTcNOVEaMRTove80mU652iCgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQ5MDk5NzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Reasonably decent looking A6 diesel estate with short test til May for €350

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

McCrack wrote: »

It's gone. Yeh, you're bang on, they likely bought it for €290 and then got €50 for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

1 Owner 2005 1.4 Civic with NCT to September. 117k KMS

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/27653042

495 quid

Kilboor wrote: »
    1 Owner 2005 1.4 Civic with NCT to September. 117k KMS

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/27653042

500 quid

Peanuts for a car like that, I'd bring it straight to a local garage and get whatever it needs and drive on for years with peace of mind.

Thats a great find. No doubt the new Civic in the garden is its replacement

MjhhMmViMzQ3YzE5MDgxNjUyZDJlMTEzYmExY2FhNDma6tyL9AcVt7Oha_gtmjfCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzU1MDk2NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Thats a great find. No doubt the new Civic in the garden is its replacement

MjhhMmViMzQ3YzE5MDgxNjUyZDJlMTEzYmExY2FhNDma6tyL9AcVt7Oha_gtmjfCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzU1MDk2NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Aaannnnnddd..... It's gone! Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-2008-1-4-petrol-nct-amp-tax/27608262

Well battle scarred 08 1.4 focus
    Test till June
    Tax till October
    Asking €450

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27669682

1.4 Clio, 4 months tax, 7 months NCT

Asking €550

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Folks, coming up on the 2 year anniversary of this thread. Where does time go to?? 26/04/19. And it's proven to be a great thread. So hats off to the OP, though I haven't seen them post much?

My mechanic in Laois has just informed me of a 2000 Opel Corsa, 1.0 12v with almost 12 months tax and 4 months NCT extension due to Covid. Father and then daughter have owned the car and she's just traded up to 13.
    I'll be seeing it on Friday and, if I don't take it, I'll pass on pictures and more details. I doubt my insurer (Allianz) would allow it as a temp backup car for my own (06) but, failing that, a classic policy would cover it.
    Only trouble is, with the lockdowns and WFH, we're all doing such little driving.

Advertisement