Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

kenhan2015 wrote: »
    Did they give you a time frame for processing? Ours is with them since end of January

No. Just said will advise of the decision in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

Hi, I'm sale agreed have valuation done, booking deposit paid, contracts are there but I can't sign as the council are refusing to send loan pack out until their engineer calls out which they won't do during restrictions, I'm afraid the seller will pull out and this is going on for months and looks like it will continue, I'd love to talk to anyone who's gone through this process with kilkenny coco as they seem to do it differently than most councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CKenna

Does anyone's approval amount normally be close to watch the online calculator shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Jafin

CKenna wrote: »
    Does anyone's approval amount normally be close to watch the online calculator shows?

Yeah, mine was. The calculator told me I could get some odd number like €116,783 or something, so I applied for €115,000 and was approved for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NM2020

Hi, has anyone here gone sale agreed recently?
    i have and i am just waiting to organise my final meeting.
    I am just wondering what happens now? if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 darraGhk00088

Jafin wrote: »
    I live in Clare and am not very familiar with Dublin at all, so I couldn't advise on that, sorry. You can apply to more than one council though, so you could try applying to a few different ones in Dublin to keep your options open.

hello im just wondering im applying in clare myself how long were you waiting? and was the process with the council tough or were they accomadating any info greatly appreciated

hello im just wondering im applying in clare myself how long were you waiting? and was the process with the council tough or were they accomadating any info greatly appreciated

Unfortunately I had a long wait because I applied a few weeks before the first lockdown last year. The person looking after my application phoned me just after we went into lockdown and informed me that my application was basically next to go off to be approved/denied when the lockdown hit so things were on hold. I applied in early February last year and didn't get my approval until the middle of July. Since people have adapted now though approvals should be happening much faster, so don't take my experience as the one everyone will have in Clare CoCo.

I'm in the process of re-applying at the moment, just waiting on my second letter of insufficient offer from a bank, and things should be faster this time around once I get the application in.

The process was fine. I filled in the form at home and then went in to meet two members of staff who went through it all with me to make sure everything was filled out correctly. I didn't personally have any issues with my application because I had everything in order, so my only advice really would be to make sure you have everything you need when you send in the application so you avoid any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 janandbren

Does anyone know what's RIHL status on second applicant employers availing of EWSS? will they proceed with application like the banks and just have condition at drawdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darraGhk00088

Unfortunately I had a long wait because I applied a few weeks before the first lockdown last year. The person looking after my application phoned me just after we went into lockdown and informed me that my application was basically next to go off to be approved/denied when the lockdown hit so things were on hold. I applied in early February last year and didn't get my approval until the middle of July. Since people have adapted now though approvals should be happening much faster, so don't take my experience as the one everyone will have in Clare CoCo.

I'm in the process of re-applying at the moment, just waiting on my second letter of insufficient offer from a bank, and things should be faster this time around once I get the application in.

The process was fine. I filled in the form at home and then went in to meet two members of staff who went through it all with me to make sure everything was filled out correctly. I didn't personally have any issues with my application because I had everything in order, so my only advice really would be to make sure you have everything you need when you send in the application so you avoid any delays.

thanks for the reply.hopefully doesnt take too long. and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MHB1991

Hi, does anyone know how long Meath co co are taking to come back at the moment?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ked123456

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has been in the same position or knows exactly what they look for in the 1 year bank statements requested. We've been saving gradually but about 6 months ago decided to get serious about saving as much as possible, and watching what was going through our bank statements. We're now wondering if we need to wait another 6 months to apply so our bank statements are in a good condition for the application. We wouldn't have much going through the bank statements but our rent would be less than the mortgage repayments as we live with parents so wouldn't be showing the repayment capacity for the first 6 months of the bank statements.
    would anyone else have been in a similar position and applied at the 6month stage? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Ked123456 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has been in the same position or knows exactly what they look for in the 1 year bank statements requested. We've been saving gradually but about 6 months ago decided to get serious about saving as much as possible, and watching what was going through our bank statements. We're now wondering if we need to wait another 6 months to apply so our bank statements are in a good condition for the application. We wouldn't have much going through the bank statements but our rent would be less than the mortgage repayments as we live with parents so wouldn't be showing the repayment capacity for the first 6 months of the bank statements.
    would anyone else have been in a similar position and applied at the 6month stage? Thanks!

They just need to see you can afford to repay it. If you are ready to go now apply.
    If they refuse you apply again in 6 months. Don’t need a years savings tho so once you have saved your deposit you are good to go imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paddypie

MHB1991 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know how long Meath co co are taking to come back at the moment?:)

Hi,
    I recently heard back from Meath CC after less than 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NM2020

janandbren wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's RIHL status on second applicant employers availing of EWSS? will they proceed with application like the banks and just have condition at drawdown?

Hi, I’m only a single applicant so it could be different for applicant 2. But when I emailed to say I went sale agreed (before they send you the sale agreed pack) they told me if I was on PUP or EWSS then I couldn’t progress to the Sale Agreed stage of the application. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DMLXP

Hi folks,

I put an application through with Kildare CoCo for the max amount on their website calculator. They got back to me and told me their initial calculations are showing a higher capacity and would I proceed with the higher figure so I said yes.

Is this common?

Like when it goes to underwriters do they approve/reject you based on one figure or can they turn around and say we don't want to loan you this figure but we'll loan you this lower one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

DMLXP wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I put an application through with Kildare CoCo for the max amount on their website calculator. They got back to me and told me their initial calculations are showing a higher capacity and would I proceed with the higher figure so I said yes.

Is this common?

Like when it goes to underwriters do they approve/reject you based on one figure or can they turn around and say we don't want to loan you this figure but we'll loan you this lower one instead

DCC gave me a lower amount than I asked for even though I put the figure that was on the calculator. I don’t think underwriters reject your application based on the amount you want, they’ll come back to you with whatever amount they think is right for you according to what you provided. This might differ depending on where you apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RmIre90

Hi,
    Planning to apply for this mortgage.Its a joint application with one income.My partner isn't working.

when sending copies(like proof of address ,identity etc) does the copies needs to be verified by some one ?

Since my partner isn't working he wouldn't have salary cert ,pay slip,P60 etc but do we still send copies of his bank statements?

The gross pay on my P60 is way higher that my salary cert ( approx 15000 higher )because I get premium pays but that's not guarantied as per salary cert .Its the the same on last 2 P60s.Do they just consider the amount on the salary cert ? or can we just put down borrowing amount "maximum allowed"

Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DMLXP

Thanks for that!

Antho12 wrote: »
    DCC gave me a lower amount than I asked for even though I put the figure that was on the calculator. I don’t think underwriters reject your application based on the amount you want, they’ll come back to you with whatever amount they think is right for you according to what you provided. This might differ depending on where you apply.

RmIre90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Planning to apply for this mortgage.Its a joint application with one income.My partner isn't working.

when sending copies(like proof of address ,identity etc) does the copies needs to be verified by some one ?

Since my partner isn't working he wouldn't have salary cert ,pay slip,P60 etc but do we still send copies of his bank statements?

The gross pay on my P60 is way higher that my salary cert ( approx 15000 higher )because I get premium pays but that's not guarantied as per salary cert .Its the the same on last 2 P60s.Do they just consider the amount on the salary cert ? or can we just put down borrowing amount "maximum allowed"

Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Your situation is a little similar to mine in that my wife does not work.

First thing to say is every council is a little different so always best to call up and double check your queries. We applied to Meath C.C.

None of our documents needed to be verified. For my wife, who doesnt work, we just sent in 12 months bank statements, no p60s (p60 is now called and of year tax statement I think). They did ask for evidence of her p60 after we sent in the application so it might be wise to send your husband in too.

For the loan amount we were advised by the council to put in 'Maximum Allowed' and we got 4 grand more than the calculator. I think they go by your salary cert not your p60.

Paddypie wrote: »
    Hi,

Your situation is a little similar to mine in that my wife does not work.

First thing to say is every council is a little different so always best to call up and double check your queries. We applied to Meath C.C.

None of our documents needed to be verified. For my wife, who doesnt work, we just sent in 12 months bank statements, no p60s (p60 is now called and of year tax statement I think). They did ask for evidence of her p60 after we sent in the application so it might be wise to send your husband in too.

For the loan amount we were advised by the council to put in 'Maximum Allowed' and we got 4 grand more than the calculator. I think they go by your salary cert not your p60.

*** Sorry, evidence of her PPS number, not evidence of p60****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RmIre90

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Hi,

Sorry, do you mind me asking, is it an engineer to valuer that the County Council are refusing to send out. I’m newly sale agreed and have paid my local CoCo the valuation fee but they didn’t mention anythint about an engineer.

Thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

IS it possible to get the RIHL for purchase cost and renovations? Say I buy a house for 150k and it needs 50k work done, Can I use my 200k for it?

clio_16v wrote: »
    IS it possible to get the RIHL for purchase cost and renovations? Say I buy a house for 150k and it needs 50k work done, Can I use my 200k for it?

I wouldn't think so. They can only give you a maximum of 90% of the purchase price of the property. Banks are the same. If you needed a loan for renovations you'd have to get that as a separate loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

I wouldn't think so. They can only give you a maximum of 90% of the purchase price of the property. Banks are the same. If you needed a loan for renovations you'd have to get that as a separate loan.

I asked when applying to EBS and they said as long as you can prove that it will add value to the property then it is possible. Buy for 150k, renovate for 50k and house is worth 220k for example

clio_16v wrote: »
    I asked when applying to EBS and they said as long as you can prove that it will add value to the property then it is possible. Buy for 150k, renovate for 50k and house is worth 220k for example

Fair enough. Best to check with your local council, they're quite a bit more strict than a bank. I was sale agreed on a property last year and after I got the engineer's report done there was about €7k worth of improvements needed and my council wouldn't lend me the money for the property at all. Even my solicitor was baffled and said 9/10 banks would have had no issues with lending the money. It was an apartment, and one of the major costs was the fact it didn't have fire rated doors, but I don't think stuff like that is a major issue for houses, it's more for apartments. When in doubt always check with your local council, as they all operate differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bonelesscalvin

Anyone know how long it takes DCC to issue the loan pack once all documents are sent in? (Form 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭3283winnie

Does anyone know with sdcc after you hand in all documents do you get a mail or a call to say they have recieved your pack as the office not open I just handed my pack to the security on the door I'm nervous of it getting lost thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

3283winnie wrote: »
    Does anyone know with sdcc after you hand in all documents do you get a mail or a call to say they have recieved your pack as the office not open I just handed my pack to the security on the door I'm nervous of it getting lost thanks

I didn’t get anything but they will provide an update via phone or email if you get onto them. Other than the lengthy wait tonbe approved I have found them easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭3283winnie

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    I didn’t get anything but they will provide an update via phone or email if you get onto them. Other than the lengthy wait tonbe approved I have found them easy to deal with.

Oh brilliant il give it a few days then email once I know they have it il be a little happier can I ask how long you waited

Advertisement