Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thats true as well, the over saturation is mental these days

Rock v Hogan was a ‘dream’ match so a short build worked there, I’m struggling to think of a ‘dream’ match among todays guys we’d actually be truly excited to see

AJ Styles vs Edge
    Seth Rollins vs Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So who will break through the glass ceiling grab the brass ring and be made a star at this years Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hear good things about that young Edge lad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So who will break through the glass ceiling grab the brass ring and be made a star at this years Wrestlemania?

I guess that's set up for Bianca this year? After Smackdown I would love a triple threat between Edge, Reigns and Daniel Bryan. Adds a bit of spice and unknown to the result, imo anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

According to Meltzer the asuka and Charlotte match isn’t a given due to asuka getting a concussion after the incident with shayna on raw. It was an accident obviously and shayna isn’t known for injuring people but hopefully she’s okay by mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1371113144676978693

A big wrestling crowd will be great to see again.

J. Marston wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1371113144676978693

A big wrestling crowd will be great to see again.

Jesus i'd kill to go over to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's within the realm of possibility for me to head but my last was WM29 and I think it would pale in comparison. I'll aim for Double or Nothing in May since I'll likely be vaccinated by then.

With two Hall of Fame years going in this year, I'm guessing with no live crowd this will be recorded and then edited down to a decent run time.

With two Hall of Fame years going in this year, I'm guessing with no live crowd this will be recorded and then edited down to a decent run time.

Maybe zoom interviews or some ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Rumours they want 45 thousand at it each night which would be pretty unsettling in the current environment.

Rumours they want 45 thousand at it each night which would be pretty unsettling in the current environment.

Watching from afar, doesn't bother me. I'll be glad of the spectacle.

They did the Superbowl with 25k, UFC is back with 15k next month. All of Florida and seemingly half of America clearly don't give a fùck about it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

States in the U.S have dropped all restrictions. They are just getting on with things so not much surprising there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they're going to have fans in attendance, would they try any cinematic matches or even a match like Orton/Edge last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If you buy a ticket to go to WM you have to sign a wavier that if catch Covid there the WWE cannot be held responsible and you cannot take legal action against them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So in today's episode of Vince is tone deaf.

Hulk Hogan and Titus O'Neill are set to be the hosts of Wrestlemania this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loughc wrote: »

Hulk Hogan and Titus O'Neill are set to be the hosts of Wrestlemania this year....

I mean the cards for the shows are bang average so maybe this year Wrestlemania's real draw is seeing if there's weird tension between Titus and Hogan. Greatest spectacle of them all brother!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »

Will Hogan win the 24/7 Title at WM?

♫ Ebony and ivory, live together in perfect harmony ♫

• Advertisement

Is Titus getting a big bonus to stand beside the racist HH I wonder what the other African American talent think of a racist hosting WM in a time of BLM.

Is Titus getting a big bonus to stand beside the racist HH I wonder what the other African American talent think of a racist hosting WM in a time of BLM.

Well going on Big Es demeanour at the hall of fame two years ago now when the ego was onstage, a walk in freezer would have warmer and I’m with them on that.

And when seeing the news on wwes Instagram it states clearly that wrestle mania will be shown on peacock in the US and wwe network everywhere else so that’s confirmed we will be able to watch on the network here in Ireland.

In fairness, Titus seems to be one of those "Look for the best in people" types judging by how he dealt with the Lars Sullivan situation...
    “Lars sought me out,” O’Neil said. “And he sought other people out. And I sat with Lars for about thirty-five minutes in Talent Relations just me and him. I saw a man that clearly, number one, made mistakes in his choice of words and his mindset and how he expressed himself years before he became a co-worker of mine.”

“People automatically called for him to be fired, called for him to be ostracized,” O’Neil said. “My thing is number one, people change. And if that’s who he really is, then yeah, he has no place in any profession whether it’s professional wrestling or wherever. He doesn’t deserve to live a life of luxury or live a life of grace if he chooses to be that person. But I looked a man who was humble. Very apologetic. Very misguided as well. We dwelled and talked about some things. Not to say, there’s ever an excuse but until you know someone’s story and until you know somebody personally, you can’t take it personal and you can’t come up with your own conclusions because there is a conclusion and there is a reason why people get to a certain point and do certain things.”

“I believe in my heart that this situation with Lars will be a teachable moment for everybody from all walks of life,” O’Neil said. “And I’m willing to put my name on this situation just going with my gut and my heart simply because of how he came to me as a man. And how he came to other people as a man and said ‘Look man, I don’t have any answers. I don’t have any excuses. I just want to be a better human being.’ As a man, to sit down with another man in that circumstance, you have my upmost respect. He could have easily evaded me. He could easily let the company deal with it however they were going to deal with it and not said a word. And he chose to go a different route.”

Hogan also did an apology but apparently his apology was more of a warning to the roster not to get caught and showed little remorse so how that pairs with Titus' views, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Damien Priest has potential to be something on the main roster but by god to see him on a Wrestlemania graphic alongside people who have been world champions is just all kinds of wrong.

It's indicative of the problems they've been having for so long. They can't or won't build new stars but pluck their chosen few from obscurity and put them front and centre.

Charlotte taken off the newest WM poster,

Could the Golden woman of the WWE get heat for the hubby making he wants out public.

Charlotte taken off the newest WM poster,

Could the Golden woman of the WWE get heat for the hubby making he wants out public.

Sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not a hope that Charlotte will face any sort of consequences for Andrade's actions. She'll throw him under the bus to preserve her spot, and they'll eventually go their separate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not a hope that Charlotte will face any sort of consequences for Andrade's actions. She'll throw him under the bus to preserve her spot, and they'll eventually go their separate ways.

If she's gone Hollywood I can see her downing tools for her bloke. She's done everything anyway in a very short period of 6 years.

Does she own the rights to her name or would she have to change to using her real name if she left.

Vince can be spiteful.

Walking Tall starring Ashley Fliehr.

She was Ashley Flair in WCW so I guess she could keep the Flair name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Does she own the rights to her name or would she have to change to using her real name if she left.

Vince can be spiteful.

Walking Tall starring Ashley Fliehr.

She was Ashley Flair in WCW so I guess she could keep the Flair name.

Or seeing as her name comes from Charlotte, North Carolina....she could go with the other common name in in that location.

Obviously I'm talking about North.....

Advertisement