Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 308 (2021)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t like that new logo at all.
    It’s def the ugly sister to the rest of the range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

It looks like the active cruise control radar is built into the logo and some of the rear lights are very low, I'm not a fan on reversing lights so low, the current Renault Captur has them low like this too.

2022-peugeot-308-revealing-spy-photo-rear-three-quarters.jpg

It’s got quite a big overhang at the front

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don’t like that new logo at all.

ya it looks cheapy, Proton'ish

much prefer the chromed lion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Not keen on the new logo. Don’t fix what’s not broken and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's a very retro logo. Strong hint of the 1960s logo.

https://1000logos.net/peugeot-logo/

It's a very retro logo. Strong hint of the 1960s logo.

https://1000logos.net/peugeot-logo/

81-D4555-E-5665-4137-86-CE-54-F5-EF835-F80.jpg

C9-BB3-F23-1-E2-C-41-E8-97-A1-1-C41-F886-AAB6.jpg

Still looks crap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Serious bang of a Leaf off it, sleek from the front, rough from every other angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

It’s got quite a big overhang at the front

Peugeot have done that a few times. The old 407 had a massive great snout. I'm not mad on it myself. Looks clumsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't like it at all - not that PSA/Stellantis give a sh1t what I think.

The badge drags it down. Very un-French, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I think there are hints there that it's biggest competitor is the Megane, which also bulked up and seemed to go a bit up market/develop it's presence in the last update.

I think there are hints there that it's biggest competitor is the Megane, which also bulked up and seemed to go a bit up market/develop it's presence in the last update.

And the next Megane is rumored to be heavily influenced by this bulky concept (Megane eVision)

renault-megane-evision.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Someone needs to tell the driver the passenger airbag has deployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

The proportions look all wrong. The front is all too low (mk8 golf has the same issue), the badge is too big and clumsy and I don't think that colour is doing it any favours. Really like the 208 and the 3008/5008 designs, but they've missed the mark here.

The proportions look all wrong. The front is all too low (mk8 golf has the same issue), the badge is too big and clumsy and I don't think that colour is doing it any favours. Really like the 208 and the 3008/5008 designs, but they've missed the mark here.

It's hard to see the proportions without seeing the whole car.

I think the low look of the car is down to the height of the headlights as the bonnet looks very high over the lights. I agree the badge looks too big, but the radar is hidden in it, so I guess that's why the badge is big. I think I will wait to see it in the flesh before judging the looks of it.

Rumour is Peugeot will official show this car on the 18th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

GeneHunt wrote: »
    It's hard to see the proportions without seeing the whole car.

I think the low look of the car is down to the height of the headlights as the bonnet looks very high over the lights. I agree the badge looks too big, but the radar is hidden in it, so I guess that's why the badge is big. I think I will wait to see it in the flesh before judging the looks of it.

Rumour is Peugeot will official show this car on the 18th March.

Hopefully in a nicer colour, with more interesting wheels it could look good IRL, sure we'll see.

Hopefully in a nicer colour, with more interesting wheels it could look good IRL, sure we'll see.

That’s not a great start

God be with the days when a new car was often sensational and groundbreaking. Maybe I just don’t understand design now, but there’s some amount of rubbish looking cars out lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kind of oddly proportioned. Like a bigger old model BMW 1 series look about it.
    The badge does not work either, the current Lion is really smart. It's just marketing and change for the sake of it. Pity, Peugeot hasn't been putting a foot wrong since the new 208 in 2012 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Big mistake by Peugeot changing there logo now. If they had of done it 9 years ago on the new 208 when they were starting afresh ok but now they are just confusing people and it's no where near as nice as the current Lion logo.

I'll reserve judgment until we see it in decent colour not covered in a tarpaulin. Peugeot have been on a streak of late, would be odd if this was any different.

While the existing logo was solid and familiar it wasn't associated with 'premium', I guess this is their way of trying do do that, and flat logos are the flavour of the day, as per VW and BMW. Once again time will tell.

• Advertisement

God be with the days when a new car was often sensational and groundbreaking.

They do seem few and far between these days alright. The last ones to stop me in my tracks were the Alfa 156 and first Audi TT.

The Peugeot 308 sister car, the Opel Astra (2022) has been spotted in the the wild, albeit with it's camouflage on it. I've included two photos which are very similar views to the two of the Peugeot 308 previously posted. Even with the camouflage it's easy to see that the Opel has more that a passing resemblance to the Peugeot. I'm sure we'll see a few more sisters over the next few years, probably an future Alfa Romeo Giulietta, and maybe a Fiat Brava!

https://www.motor1.com/news/493891/2022-opel-astra-spy-photos/

2022-opel-astra-spy-photo.jpg

2022-opel-astra-spy-photo.jpg

peugeot_308_03.jpg?scale=down

peugeot_308_04.jpg?scale=down

Ms

Ye the new Astra is going to be more boring with lights like the ones the new Mikka which is a pity as at the moment it is the best looking and most modern car in its class. When I say that I do not mean it is the newest car in its class as it is not but it still looks great and it makes cars like the VW Golf look decades old.
    The new Astra will probably end up just as boring and dull as a Golf which is sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

AMKC wrote: »
    Ye the new Astra is going to be more boring with lights like the ones the new Mikka which is a pity as at the moment it is the best looking and most modern car in its class. When I say that I do not mean it is the newest car in its class as it is not but it still looks great and it makes cars like the VW Golf look decades old.
    The new Astra will probably end up just as boring and dull as a Golf which is sad really.

What?

IE_New_Astra_HB_SC_576x322.jpg?imwidth=410

Where exactly do you stand on the whole VW thing?

The Volvo S60s are lovely. The bohr gas on and it it so smooth and quiet on the road and he loves driving it. The seats are so comfy too and they are very classy. Much nicer than a VW. The Skoda Superb is a big spacious car and no doubt great for cruising but not a drivers car. No VW made cars are drivers cars.
    Both them cars and this new Mitsubishi Outlander are much better styled and classier than any dull as dishwasher VAG product.
    Such a pity that the new Outlander is not coming here. I hope a load of them are imported from Japan so we can have something cool and unique on our roads instead of all the VW Audi garbage.
    Lol that made me laugh. I think it looks nice and chunky and certainly has more style than a VW Toerag.
    Seen my first 211 today nothing special just some VW Tiguan in black or grey hardly worth a picture. Honestly would it be that hard for VW to be put some effort and style into there cars and actually design them.
    Well it's true and only in here if it's about a VW Golf. One of the most overrated cars of all time.
    Well wear with that Octavia@One Man Clappin. It looks well very Volvo like and very stylish. Much nicer than a Golf.
    To be fair I think VWs these days are a lot duller than Toyotas now. Even the Corolla saloon has style now and looks good. Also they have the cool GR Yaris mow as well so maybe one of them will be on a fast Yaris.
    Good review on the Koronda,

https://youtu.be/E3UrmJKPlWQ

Don't wright them of just yet they are worth checking out and looking at. Certainly nicer looking than a VW Tiguan
    When did VW ever have anything spoeouching style?

Opel have had the Insignia and Astra,s.

That should have been approaching style. You are right do Opel do not need to have cars approaching style because the current Astra is a very stylish, modern and reliable car unlike say a Golf. VW are even cost cutting on the new Golf and ID 3. All you have to do is look at the reports about them on the net.
    It's not ugly and it's certainly not boring or dull like a commen as muck VW or Audi SUV for all the sheep. It's just s pity it did not have more engine and drive train choices here and it might have sold better
    That's a stunner. Hard choice that a dull, boring unreliable VW or a stylish, well made, stunning looking Kia Optima. I know what my choice would be.
    Kia make high quality, highly reliable cars and have been for many years now.

VW are not a premium brand they are a mass market brand with cars that are overrated and not as reliable or as well built as people think. You would be much better and smarter buying a Seat or a Skoda if buying from the VAG group of cars as they are built better and more reliable than VW as all the problems have been sorted by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I don't know which I am more impressed by, AMCK's hate of VW or Colm's effort to show case it.

Ms

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-peugeot-308-gains-major-overhaul-and-phev-options

I think it looks very classy with a fantastic interior and dash.
    Really the only parts I do not like are the rear lights the grill and the new Puegeot logo.
    Still far more interesting than a Golf do.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

The interior looks depressing. It's a fairly bland car in general.

The back of it is the best looking for me.

Best looking C segment out there! The Golf should watch its back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

That looks really promising IMO. The pics of the rear and side profile all the way up until the front look gorgeous. One or 2 pics make the front look very long but from other angles it looks great. Interior looks nice too. Looking forward to seeing one on the road. Peugeot really making nice cars at the moment.

Advertisement