Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bassy wrote: »
    what club G?,the airfyer club ye ?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Toasted cheese sandwiches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A just back from Lidl buffet...

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

(Bad) chinese takeaway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

A just back from Lidl buffet...

Watch the fox 🦊 doesn't scarper with the lot rows :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

(Bad) chinese takeaway :(

It's good. Keep repeating that. It's good, It's good.

Having a few scoops here with a duuurty chinese takeaway later. I'm adding my own spring rolls to the mix as in from the freezer, but they're nicer.:D

Watch the fox �� doesn't scarper with the lot rows :D

Always on the look out bassy, this is all that's left of the last fox that got a notion to steal my food..

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm adding my own spring rolls to the mix as in from the freezer, but they're nicer.:D

Dunnes frozen vegetable ones are actually quite nice. Very hard to find a decent spring roll from a Chinese takeaway. They just use frozen, and not the best.

The plan is to make a broccoli, mushroom, tofu stir fry with noodles.

I'm using my own sauce, but loosely based on this:

https://www.myplantifulcooking.com/vegan-asian-broccoli-mushroom-tofu-stir-fry/#wprm-recipe-container-2561

I must get pressing that tofu.

Always on the look out bassy, this is all that's left of the last fox that got a notion to steal my food..

I see the hare is doing a road runner on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Boiled bacon ribs, SuperValu sausages and fresh crusty bread with lashings of butter. Lovely easy Friday dinner :D

• Advertisement

mince,potatoes,carrots,onions and soy sauce for flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I made chicken tikka masala but I cheated slightly by using a shop bought paste. Everything else is from scratch. I added garam masala and lashings of chilli and lemon juice.
    It was really hot so l threw some sour cream on top I had leftover.
    Not one bit authentic but really tasty:)
    Now if only I had an ice cold cobra beer I'd be in heaven!

I made a broccoli, mushroom and tofu "crumble" stir fry with thin egg noodles.

It was delicious, but any photo of it would break your screen.

One step at a time I guess.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I made a broccoli, mushroom and tofu "crumble" stir fry with thin egg noodles.

It was delicious, but any photo of it would break your screen.

One step at a time I guess.

I like the idea of tofu as a crumble although I don't like tofu. You're not vegetarian are you..you just don't eat much meat?
    I have noodles for tomorrow. For the sauce im always in two minds whether to throw coconut milk in or keep it more salty and thin like soya and ginger

i got a airfryer yesterday a 5 litre one so im new to airfrying etc,i know G has one.many others on here with one and can you share your secret delicious receipes :)

Porklife wrote: »
    I like the idea of tofu as a crumble although I don't like tofu. You're not vegetarian are you..you just don't eat much meat?
    I have noodles for tomorrow. For the sauce im always in two minds whether to throw coconut milk in or keep it more salty and thin like soya and ginger

I'm not vegetarian, but used to be in my student years.

The tofu was not meant to be crumbled, but my attempts to press it went awry.

Tofu is not a thing I use much of, but I do like it if done well. Dunnes are selling a good sized product for only €1.50 so worth a go. I need to up my tofu skills.

With noodles, I prefer to avoid any creamy things and focus on hot, salt, sweet, sour and flavour. Just my taste!

I'm not vegetarian, but used to be in my student years.

The tofu was not meant to be crumbled, but my attempts to press it went awry.

Tofu is not a thing I use much of, but I do like it if done well. Dunnes are selling a good sized product for only €1.50 so worth a go. I need to up my tofu skills.

With noodles, I prefer to avoid any creamy things and focus on hot, salt, sweet, sour and flavour. Just my taste!

I'm the same with tofu, i think it has the potential to be lovely but ive only ever had it as little cubes in miso soup and i dont like it or as lumps in a burger. Gross.
    Interested in how you make things sour. I found a paste i reckon you'd love. It's everything you describe..hot, salty and sour. I love that too but I'm not sure how to recreate it. Im thinking lime and scotch bonnets could play a part and lemon zest.
    Ill send on a picture of the sauce

Here it is..

Porklife wrote: »
    Here it is..

Tom Yum soup! It's brilliant.

That paste will make a nice stock. Just add fried little veggies or shrimp or whatever you like.

Fill with water. It's a soup base.

Tom Yum soup! It's brilliant.

That paste will make a nice stock. Just add fried little veggies or shrimp or whatever you like.

Fill with water. It's a soup base.

I throw a teaspoon into stir fried noodles with coconut water and stock. Delicious but so salty im surprised i don't shrivel up like a prune from dehydration afterwards:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A lovely chicken dinner tonight with all the trimingins, gorg

steamed chicken with some spicey flavouring on it,asparagus and aldi,s slim well chips done in my new airfryer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Had some beef casserole for dinner, now having some salt and vinegar pringles for dessert.

german pilsner 4.9 alc :)

german pilsner 4.9 alc :)

Aldi's Brown Bear IPA 7.5 alc :eek:

Aldi's Brown Bear IPA 7.5 alc :eek:

the rebel will be pissed on the big brown bear :D

Harrington's white bread Breville with ham, beef, smoked cheese, thinly sliced red onion and a mug of tea.

Harrington's white bread Breville with ham, beef, smoked cheese, thinly sliced red onion and a mug of tea.

no wine or jameson tonight rows ?.

I'm also shocked that there is no venison.
    Standards are slipping RG.

• Advertisement

Rarely drink whiskey bassy, last day of the venison harvest tomorrow.

Had a glass of Merlot in contemplation.

Advertisement