Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You dont, but that particular issue turns off a load of voters, even FF decided to become pro choice, much to the anger of a lot of their supporters.

The market for ‘pro life’ parties os dead in ireland, it hurts big parties, it will kill small ones. Most voters get creepy vibes about the iona institute or the catholic church pulling the strings when they see a pro life party and want nothing to do with it.
    If they dropped that issue completely out, replaced it with more tax cuts , they would garner a lot more support.

Political goals shouldn't be a "market".

I prefer parties to be upfront about what they would like to achieve once they are in power. If the National Party are anti abortion on any grounds, then they should declare that and live or die by their political positions.

That being said, they'd be no different to any other party in offering a slight of hand manifesto, choosing to leave off a few things here and there, so they could "market" their ideas in an underhanded way.

They still wouldn't gain much ground in any case. They made their play recently and came up laughably empty handed. The Irish public see them as extremists and that isn't going to change much in the next 10 or so years. Hiding a few of their ultimate goals here and there isn't going to matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

• Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The Nal wrote: »
    What a loser.

Someone calls themselves Izzy Kamikaze? Yeah, that is pretty embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Sand wrote: »
    Someone calls themselves Izzy Kamikaze? Yeah, that is pretty embarrassing.

You know, I was just thinking that.

Have no interest in the National Party or their agenda. However, from what I’ve seen of that Izzy Kamikaze character, she’s hardly an aspirational figure herself.

A late 50s / early 60s woman whose career is seemingly a professional ‘activist’, who appears to have very little going for her, in any facet of life. I won’t be cruel and brand her a ‘loser’, but certainly not somebody many would choose to emulate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hamachi wrote: »

Have no interest in the National Party or their agenda. However, from what I’ve seen of that Izzy Kamikaze character, she’s hardly an aspirational figure herself.

A late 50s / early 60s woman whose career is seemingly a professional ‘activist’, who appears to have very little going for her, in any facet of life. I won’t be cruel and brand her a ‘loser’, but certainly not somebody many would choose to emulate.

I'm reminded of the TV show, The Wire. Where this huge character Omar dies and his identity gets mixed up at the morgue. Omar was this massive presence in the drug dealing criminal world of the show. Yet in the larger world they couldn't even tell him apart from some random white guy. Nobody cared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Are "Gript" affiliated with the national party?

They seem to have a growing social media presence . Their Facebook posts (stories, interviews, opinion,etc) are usually very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

They seem to have a growing social media presence . Their Facebook posts (stories, interviews, opinion,etc) are usually very good.

No it's run by Ben Scallan who ran in the last general election for the Irish Freedom Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Probably best if we stop engaging with one another now. I don’t feel like anything productive will come from the exchange.

Don't worry, I wasn't going to engage in a lengthy discussion about where your political sympathies clearly lie.

.anon. wrote: »
    Don't worry, I wasn't going to engage in a lengthy discussion about where your political sympathies clearly lie.

You know nothing about where my political sympathies lie. Do you know my views on signature issues like abortion, social welfare, same sex marriage?

In this case, I’m pointing out the unappealing nature of two characters who epitomize opposite ends of the political spectrum. The National Party ‘loser’ as he’s been identified by your colleague and the professional ‘activist’, which is how I see Izzy Kamikaze.

Get some sleep now. It must be exhausting being perpetually triggered.

• Advertisement

You know nothing about where my political sympathies lie. Do you know my views on signature issues like abortion, social welfare, same sex marriage?

In this case, I’m pointing out the unappealing nature of two characters who epitomize opposite ends of the political spectrum. The National Party ‘loser’ as he’s been identified by your colleague and the professional ‘activist’, which is how I see Izzy Kamikaze.

Get some sleep now. It must be exhausting being perpetually triggered.

I'm in serious danger of getting triggered at being called 'triggered' by someone who I appear to have inadvertently triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

John McGuirk writes for Gript and he hates the National Party: https://twitter.com/search?q=%22national%20party%22%20(from%3Ajohn_mcguirk)&src=typed_query

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

GT89 wrote: »
    No it's run by Ben Scallan who ran the last general election for the Irish Freedom Party

Is he ethnically of African origin?

Bald men fighting over a comb.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Posts deleted. Please refrain from discussing what is an active court case.

Hamachi, .anon. - next post from either of you directed towards the other = threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can't they both be losers?

That’s the point. Neither party here is particularly edifying. Like I said, they represent the unattractive extremes at both ends of the spectrum.

One's a social care worker, who also participates in left-wing activism. The other... well, I don't know. I somehow doubt he offers anything productive to society when he's not hitting middle-aged women over the head, but I could be wrong. You can disagree with someone's politics without wrongly viewing them as a loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is he ethnically of African origin?

Caribbean I believe. They recently carried out interviews with people who are losing their jobs in the Midlands due to the closing of the bogs. It was very good in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She was the victim here , why did you dedicate so many words to insulting her?

• Advertisement

She was the victim here , why did you dedicate so many words to insulting her?

The National Party guy is a 29 year old loser on disability, who has likely never worked a day in his life. He spends his free time attending niche demonstrations that promote an extremist ideology and thinks it’s acceptable to clobber an elderly woman with a plank. He’s clearly a low-IQ idiot, with little to offer society.

That’s the point I’ve been making. Both parties in this scenario are grotesque manifestations of the extreme end of the political spectrum. Thankfully, mainstream society perceives both to be equally unappealing and most crucially, unelectable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No it's run by Ben Scallan who ran the last general election for the Irish Freedom Party
    So JPF & PFJ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

So JPF & PFJ?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

??
    Judean Peoples Front & the Peoples Front of Judea :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

.anon. wrote: »
    One's a social care worker, who also participates in left-wing activism. The other... well, I don't know. I somehow doubt he offers anything productive to society when he's not hitting middle-aged women over the head, but I could be wrong. You can disagree with someone's politics without wrongly viewing them as a loser.

You are right I know nothing of either person. I think both the far left and far right are both moronic and equally as dangerous to this country in their current guises.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You are right I know nothing of either person. I think both the far left and far right are both moronic and equally as dangerous to this country in their current guises.

Absolutely, the disgusting level of cover up in this specific instance is insane, its not like izzy was on her way to the shops and was randomly attacked. She was an active participant in a violent far left counter demonstration and threw herself right in to the middle of an angry mob.

This just not justify their response at all but she is not the angelic innocent victim in this that the far left portray

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The National Party guy is a 29 year old loser on disability, who has likely never worked a day in his life. He spends his free time attending niche demonstrations that promote an extremist ideology and thinks it’s acceptable to clobber an elderly woman with a plank. He’s clearly a low-IQ idiot, with little to offer society.

That’s the point I’ve been making. Both parties in this scenario are grotesque manifestations of the extreme end of the political spectrum. Thankfully, mainstream society perceives both to be equally unappealing and most crucially, unelectable.

Thanks for clearing that up , she deserved it so ? :)

Thanks for clearing that up , she deserved it so ? :)

Why don’t you tell me what the ‘correct’ think is and we can go about our evenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

Whats grotesque about protesting against people who are racist, homophobic, transphophic, anti semitic and violent? That woman has been active in campaigning for LGBT rights for decades, as well as doing a lot of work on the two recent referendums.
    She also received plenty of sympathy and support from ''mainstream society'' after this incident.
    Absolutely, the disgusting level of cover up in this specific instance is insane, its not like izzy was on her way to the shops and was randomly attacked. She was an active participant in a violent far left counter demonstration and threw herself right in to the middle of an angry mob.

This just not justify their response at all but she is not the angelic innocent victim in this that the far left portray

Seriously? Two women and a teenage boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

She was a peaceful observer.

Advertisement