Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Chilli con sosa.
    A bean chilli meat free after a cycle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had spinach, ricotta and pine nut ravioli (shop bought) with tomato sauce (home made), salad and garlic bread. It was quite horrible! The only nice part was the salad.

Oh I hate that, was it the filled pasta? I'm nearly always disappointed with it, I can never seem to find a nice one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Oh I hate that, was it the filled pasta? I'm nearly always disappointed with it, I can never seem to find a nice one.

Yes, it was gross. It was Tesco finest. Then the tomato sauce I made to go with it to entice the small man was far too rich, a sage butter would have been better. Naturally he didn't touch the sauce! The garlic bread seemed to be just all crunch, no flavour. The salad was mixed leaves, tomatoes, balsamic dressing and Wensleydale and cranberries. That was nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kids were pestering me again so I made a big batch of Malari’s Meatballs from the Cooking Club. Always takes a while but it’s worth it as I end up freezing batches in the sauce for quick dinners.

attachment.php?attachmentid=540963&d=1611609899

attachment.php?attachmentid=540964&d=1611609899

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

. . . and Wensleydale and cranberries. That was nice. :)

Cranberries in a dressing? . . . only in the South.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Because it is my mum's birthday, I made her favourites for dinner:

Garlic spuds, roast veg and a Mac and cheese thingy in breadcrumbs. Chicken wings for my dad.

Cranberries in a dressing? . . . only in the South.

No... Cranberries in a cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

Shenshen wrote: »
    Matter paneer, chana masala with jeera rice and garlic and coriander naans. Sure what else would you be doing on a Sunday afternoon?

Is the garlic naan homemade?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

And in fairness, it could be north south east OR west. Or even abroad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

This Reminds me that i must eat the teeny tiny wheel of it that I still have from christmas.

For me, Sausage and homemade baked beans with a wedge of toasted bread
    Put a bit too much chipotle sauce in as it was a tad too spicy! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

con747 wrote: »
    Is the garlic naan homemade?

It is, yes. Though it's a bit of a cheat, as it's not a yeast dough, but a baking soda and yoghurt dough. Much quicker, but still very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Shenshen wrote: »
    It is, yes. Though it's a bit of a cheat, as it's not a yeast dough, but a baking soda and yoghurt dough. Much quicker, but still very nice.

Tell me more......I make little flour and yoghurt flatbreads when we have curry. Is this different? I don't add baking soda to mine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Tell me more......I make little flour and yoghurt flatbreads when we have curry. Is this different? I don't add baking soda to mine.

It's a very similar recipe to this here.
    I bake them in a hot cast iron skillet in the oven, under the grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I do the same but I use self raising flavour. It's the baking powder that reacts with the yoghurt that gives it a little rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I use self raising flour but that recipe uses both baking powder and baking soda. I might give it a try and see what it's like. Thanks guys :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Last night, I made a hot and sour soup ramen with tofu - it was a mish mash of 3 or 4 different recipes, but actually turned out quite tasty! Unfortunately, I didn't take note of what I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just finished swallyin' a wild big feed of basmati rice, saag alo and a Nyonya (Malaysian Chinese) vegetarian curry.

541034.jpg

Running out of my rendang and curry pastes that I took home from KL. Only one left. So if anyone knows where I can order some online, let me know!

• Administrators Posts: 53,449 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ate like a child tonight after a bit of a curry disaster. We bought some premade beef curry thing from Aldi, it was basically marinated beef you put in slow cooker. Long story short it was stinking, it was spicy but with no flavour, basically inedible. And I am someone who loves spicy food.

So we resorted to Aldi’s no chicken vegan burgers from the freezer. the brand is Plant Menu. With potato waffles.

The burgers taste nothing like chicken. And the consistency is like the cheap chicken burgers you get, nothing like chicken fillet. That said, they were decent. The flavour is super mild so you need a decent dressing on your burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@ Witchie

Asia Market in Dublin will have it. I order off them all the time. Great service.

asiamarket.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We went Middle Eastern tonight....

Pilaf with Squash, Apricots and Almonds and home made flatbread.

1-B6-BF09-D-3606-4572-89-E1-AEF35-A3-DD9-E7.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/one-pan_pilaf_with_31719

• Advertisement

Somehow we weren't in the mood for dinner tonight. I had a few tortilla chips with salsa, a sticky bun and a cup of tea, and now I'm eating a chocolate biscuit, because it's important to get your five a day into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Cottage Pie

541128.JPG

541129.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sausage, Sweet Potato Mash, Garlic Beans and Onion Gravy

06-B6-B729-9-C1-E-4-D34-9-BC5-399269-DB1-BAB.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Creamy masala chicken with rice, a side of broccoli and topped with fresh coriander.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

2s5aKTkI_o.jpg

Satay chicken. I was trying to replicate an amazingly good Thai satay kit Tesco had briefly then never again. I think I got pretty close. The sauce is based on Massaman curry paste.

Home made burgers and a few home made air fryer chips. I'm back in my rut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pasta with sausage and mushroom in a parmesan cream sauce.
    It was one of those dinners that was more dictated by what I had left in the fridge but it turned out really well.

541150.jpg

Home made burgers and a few home made air fryer chips. I'm back in my rut.

What rut Mystery? Homemade burgers are fab. I love making them. If the rut is sick of cooking, I completely understand.:D

We had roast chicken, mash and veg. It seems to be the one dinner we have every week.

• Advertisement

We had roast chicken, mash and veg. It seems to be the one dinner we have every week.

Same here. Love it!

Advertisement