Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepsi vs Coca Cola

Options
  • 18-01-2021 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Which tastes better, which do you prefer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Real Coke beats Real Pepsi.

Pepsi Max beats Diet Coke/Coke Zero.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If it’s not Coke Zero you’re a lame-o.
    True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pepsi has always paled in comparison to Coke.

Coke Zero is the best. Very little difference between it and the real thing. Pepsi Max wins over Diet Coke though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,609 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Tough call as to which tastes better. Coke is fizzier and Pepsi is sweeter. Six of one, really.

Coke doesn’t come in 2 litre bottles anymore so I go for Pepsi if I’m out shopping.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

You can't snort pepsi

• Advertisement

Pepsi is far superior.

Coca-Cola is just watered down Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Pepsi Max

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Freeway FTW :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Neither. They are both bad. However when I did drink them I liked both and it would depend on what I felt like but most times it was coke.

Don't forget Dr Pepper. It's around nearly as long as Coca Cola and longer than Pepsi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Coca cola hands down, ice cold can, perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Definitely Pepsi Max for me. Ideally from one of those 750ml bottles (can tastes a bit metallic, larger bottles go flat too quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pepiss

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

keano_afc wrote: »
    Real Coke beats Real Pepsi.

Pepsi Max beats Diet Coke/Coke Zero.

+1

Would also add that Pepsi Max lime and Pepsi Max lemon are the best cola drinks out of them all

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can't snort pepsi

That's a very defeatist attitude.

Don't drink the sugary versions any more, so for me it's Coke Zero, very close to the original. Diet Pepsi is pretty decent and would be my second choice. I will drink Diet Coke if there's nothing else, but Pepsi Max is too sweet for me.

Pepsi Max all the way. Don't like the taste of any of the other brands or levels in comparison.

I don’t like full sugar drinks I do like Coke Zero from a can and rock shandy club zero from a can also.

They taste better from a can than a bottle. I wish they did club lemon zero in a can.

Rarely I’d have a Pepsi Max from a can

+1

Would also add that Pepsi Max lime and Pepsi Max lemon are the best cola drinks out of them all

What! Where can I find Pepsi Max lemon I’d like to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Coke was always nicer. But they have changed the recipe (reduced level sugar?) in recent years and its not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you ever taste Fritz Cola, you'll never drink either of these again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

I prefer Coke Zero to Pepsi Max.

For full sugar versions, I prefer Pepsi to Coke.

Pepsi are about the only ones which ever got the 'Coke' recipe almost right, I've tried loads of cola variants over the years and whilst some are ok in isolation, very few came close to replicating the taste of Coca Cola. With that said, I remember getting a few tins of Virgin Cola when it launched in the mid 90s and it was probably (bar Pepsi) the closest I'd tasted to Coca Cola. Which is probably why they aggressively snuffed the Virgin product out of the market.....

virgin_cola.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

I prefer Coke Zero to Pepsi Max.

For full sugar versions, I prefer Pepsi to Coke.

Pepsi are about the only ones which ever got the 'Coke' recipe almost right, I've tried loads of cola variants over the years and whilst some are ok in isolation, very few came close to replicating the taste of Coca Cola. With that said, I remember getting a few tins of Virgin Cola when it launched in the mid 90s and it was probably (bar Pepsi) the closest I'd tasted to Coca Cola. Which is probably why they aggressively snuffed the Virgin product out of the market.....

virgin_cola.jpg

Ah you beat me to Virgin! Poor mans Coca Cola rich mans Score Cola ....it was alright from memory

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You'll probably need to try a Polish shop, for some reason they keep all their best flavours exclusive to Eastern Europe. It's worth the extra effort though!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Pepsi Max for me, especially the cherry and ginger flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Can be bought on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Still? Most food and drink can't be shipped to Ireland anymore since Brexit.

Edit: oh, maybe by a third party

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I was (and still am ) influenced by marketing back in the day , pepsi max sounds a lot better than diet coke. im a dude. Diet coke had ads with guys taking off their shirts. And back in then men didnt go on diets. so pepsi max all the way. i prefered pepsi max to normal coke as didnt have a bad feeling of syrup stuck to my teeth afterwards.

Other stuff i wouldnt feel right about buying cause of marketing - Special K, ( i dont want to wear a slim red dress).
    a Mini car. a male lad i knew had one and got fed up of guys driving up beside him and getting disappointed it was him and not a stunning girl.
    some of those 0% fat muller yogurts,
    some of those magnum ice creams advertised at chicks
    tampons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was (and still am ) influenced by marketing back in the day , pepsi max sounds a lot better than diet coke. im a dude. Diet coke had ads with guys taking off their shirts. And back in then men didnt go on diets. so pepsi max all the way. i prefered pepsi max to normal coke as didnt have a bad feeling of syrup stuck to my teeth afterwards.

Other stuff i wouldnt feel right about buying cause of marketing - Special K, ( i dont want to wear a slim red dress).
    a Mini car. a male lad i knew had one and got fed up of guys driving up beside him and getting disappointed it was him and not a stunning girl.
    some of those 0% fat muller yogurts,
    some of those magnum ice creams advertised at chicks
    tampons.

Awe go on you know secretly want to try it. You would probably look great in one and maybe even enjoy it too. You never know until you try it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

They're both vile and the devil in liquid form. I'll sip this tea instead, Kermit style.

• Advertisement

SuperValu do a lovely cola in a glass bottle. Can't recall the brand, one of those small family productions (or at least branded that way) but very nice.

It can be quite hit or miss whether they have it in stock.

Advertisement