Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol riots to set pretext for more internet censorship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

A moot point is something that doesn't matter.

Pretty much like your conspiracy theory.

Have a good one.

Thanks for your time.

Sweet dreams and hence avaunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Repeating the same over and over again does not make a conspiracy. The fact that Parler didn’t keep to their agreements is the reason suppliers removed their services. Same with Trump in different social media platforms.

In conclusion, there is no conspiracy here no matter how many times you say it. There is just you not wanting to face reality. Trump and Parler debunked it themselves by not adhering to their agreements. The agreements are available online and may be worth reading to assist you understanding the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

NSAman wrote: »
    That to me is the prime issue.

Closing down any speech that "breaches the terms and conditions" of our platform.

These platforms in the future are going to face larger and larger issues if they insist on being the thought police for generations now and in the future.

There's always a few infractions, bans, threads being locked and posts/threads being deleted on boards. What are the larger and larger issues that boards have and will face, and how do you feel about boards and the kids being thought police? Do you believe boards.ie is double plus good?

So what do you think these guys with ready made zip tie hand cuffs were going to do in the chambers of the Capitol?

There were members of the armed mob intent on harming democraticly elected members of government in the Capitol building. The whole mob were there to overturn a democratic election. That is an attempted coup!

The only person your are fooling with your crap here is yourself. Has Boards become your new place to hangout since Parler screwed up their own service?

You're giving this mob far too much credit. Their bark is worse than their bite. Every gobshite in the US is armed. Doesn't mean they have the balls to use their guns against people who can shoot back.

You're giving this mob far too much credit. Their bark is worse than their bite. Every gobshite in the US is armed. Doesn't mean they have the balls to use their guns against people who can shoot back.

You are oblivious to reality.

• Advertisement

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 26 truth and logic

I agree that Boards also suffers from this same problem.

Boards routinely removes opinions that are perfectly legal. I know Boards has the right to do this under current law but the current law could be wrong.

If Boards was to grow big enough that a Boards account was essential to life then it wouldn't be appropriate that users could be banned for arbitrary or unfair reasons.

Twitter it seems is big enough to be esssential for life now and as such it shouldn't be legal for Twitter to ban users for poor reasons. This is a political position that you may or may not agree with.

Amazon Web Services definitely shouldn't be allowed to impose conditions on content on their customers. That is silly and un-necessary. It's like an electricity company having the final say on what your business can and cannot do, because they sell you electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Boards routinely removes opinions that are perfectly legal. I know Boards has the right to do this under current law but the current law could be wrong.

If Boards was to grow big enough that a Boards account was essential to life then it wouldn't be appropriate that users could be banned for arbitrary or unfair reasons.

Twitter it seems is big enough to be esssential for life now and as such it shouldn't be legal for Twitter to ban users for poor reasons. This is a political position that you may or may not agree with.

Amazon Web Services definitely shouldn't be allowed to impose conditions on content on their customers. That is silly and un-necessary. It's like an electricity company having the final say on what your business can and cannot do, because they sell you electricity.

Twitter is in no way life essential

Twitter is not essential for life. Food, water, and shelter are essential for life.

Users on Boards agree to adhere to terms and conditions and get banned if they don’t and have content removed. If something is unlawful, then it is unlawful, and it would be illegal for Boards to allow it on their website.

What part of adhering to an agreement do you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Opinions such as...?
    But this analogy is simply ridiculous.
    Being able to post racist rants is not an essential service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 truth and logic

I'm sorry, but I don't recall saying anything about racist rants.

I understand completely about agreements and about sticking to them. I also understand that agreements can be one sided, unfair, domineering, or coercive.

Amazon Web Services are wrong to be making judgements calls on content. AWS should prefer if they don't have to vet their customers as it's easier for them.

I understand completely about agreements and about sticking to them. I also understand that agreements can be one sided, unfair, domineering, or coercive.

Amazon Web Services are wrong to be making judgements calls on content. AWS should prefer if they don't have to vet their customers as it's easier for them.

No one forced Parler to agree to the terms and conditions. No one forced Trump to either. Just like nobody forced them to break the agreements.

Yes, I know. You were asked about this before, but you ignored the question because it highlights the absurdity of your stance.

Parler was full of racist vitirol.
    Posting racist vitirol and insane conspiracy theories are not an essential service.
    It's at best a entertainment luxury
    Amazon Web Services are wrong to be making judgements calls on content.
    According to what standards and laws?

Looks like the real culprits here are pesky Amazon employees.

https://twitter.com/AMZNforClimate/status/1347799256883552259

Yeah, those well treated Amazon employees would do anything for their glorious leader Jeff Bezos.

Repeating the same over and over again does not make a conspiracy. The fact that Parler didn’t keep to their agreements is the reason suppliers removed their services. Same with Trump in different social media platforms.

In conclusion, there is no conspiracy here no matter how many times you say it. There is just you not wanting to face reality. Trump and Parler debunked it themselves by not adhering to their agreements. The agreements are available online and may be worth reading to assist you understanding the reality.

You can believe that Parler were crushed because they violated hosting terms. I don't believe it.

But you are going to see more of this kind of thing. Whatever you feel about the destruction of Parler it has exposed the tech giants influence over policy and that should scare you.

9/11 spawned the US PATRIOT ACT (actually it was written before 9/11) which certailed civil liberties.

Now 6/1 has spawned the HR 4192 which is basically a partiot act on steroids. I basically means that anybody can be charged with domestic terrorism. It hasn't been enacted into law yet but it's only a matter of time.

Read some of the bill for yourself from this 2019 draft:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr4192/text

You can believe that Parler were crushed because they violated hosting terms. I don't believe it.

But you are going to see more of this kind of thing. Whatever you feel about the destruction of Parler it has exposed the tech giants influence over policy and that should scare you.

9/11 spawned the US PATRIOT ACT (actually it was written before 9/11) which certailed civil liberties.

Now 6/1 has spawned the HR 4192 which is basically a partiot act on steroids. I basically means that anybody can be charged with domestic terrorism. It hasn't been enacted into law yet but it's only a matter of time.

Read some of the bill for yourself from this 2019 draft:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr4192/text

How did the attempted coup in 2021 spawn a bill proposed in 2019? Did someone have a time machine? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How did the attempted coup in 2021 spawn a bill proposed in 2019? Did someone have a time machine? :confused:

This is where we go down the rabbit hole

They "planned" this and that's why they had the laws already to go :rolleyes:

This is where we go down the rabbit hole

They "planned" this and that's why they had the laws already to go :rolleyes:

I’d agree that Trump and his followers planned the attack on The Capitol. So if the domestic terrorism laws are enacted, it is upon them. :D

So what do you think these guys with ready made zip tie hand cuffs were going to do in the chambers of the Capitol?

There were members of the armed mob intent on harming democraticly elected members of government in the Capitol building. The whole mob were there to overturn a democratic election. That is an attempted coup!

The only person your are fooling with your crap here is yourself. Has Boards become your new place to hangout since Parler screwed up their own service?

You don't have to take my word for it.

Top military strategist Edward Luttwak, now advising the Pentagon on cyber-war, tweeted, “nobody pulls a coup during the day”. That was just “a show, people expressing emotions”, an actually faux coup that did not involve arson or widespread looting, and relatively little violence (compare it to Maidan 2014): talk about “insurrectionists” walking inside the Capitol respecting the velvet ropes.

Wasn't the USA PATRIOT ACT written before 9/11?

• Advertisement

talk about “insurrectionists” walking inside the Capitol respecting the velvet ropes.
    Respecting the ropes...
    Beating a cop to death with a fire extinguisher...

Or was that anitfa?
    Or was he a crisis actor?

You don't have to take my word for it.

Top military strategist Edward Luttwak, now advising the Pentagon on cyber-war, tweeted, “nobody pulls a coup during the day”. That was just “a show, people expressing emotions”, an actually faux coup that did not involve arson or widespread looting, and relatively little violence (compare it to Maidan 2014): talk about “insurrectionists” walking inside the Capitol respecting the velvet ropes.

Such bull crap and you know it. There was murder involved. Plans to take hostages as I identified too with the cuffs!

I’d agree that Trump and his followers planned the attack on The Capitol. So if the domestic terrorism laws are enacted, it is upon them. :D

The thing is FT, the domestic terrorism laws will apply very broadly and very vaguely.

If a bunch of nurses strike and march for better conditions they can be arrested, beaten off the streets, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Detritus70

No shoes, no shirt, no service.
    The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
    My gaffe, my rules.

A business decides who they want to do business with. You can disagree all you want, but if you don't adhere to the terms and conditions you ain't doing business with them.
    Jesus, how often has this been explained on this thread?

Of course a business can't decide it doesn't want to do business with women or black people.
    But this doesn't extend to extremists and headcases thank God.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

Such bull crap and you know it. There was murder involved. Plans to take hostages as I identified too with the cuffs!

Carrying cable ties is not crime. Using them on someone IS.

I could roam the woods with a bow and arrow, as could you.

Someone could very easily say that your intent is to kill someone with your weapons.

Don't get me wrong. It looks bad, some guy carrying cuffs or restraints but if that was REALLY your intent then why would you allow it to be known? Or recorded?

You rock up to the seat of government that has spent TRILLIONS in defense in this century and you can just get inside. Not only that but you are planning such acts against this massive machine that you display your intentions?

Carrying cable ties is not crime. Using them on someone IS.

I could roam the woods with a bow and arrow, as could you.

Someone could very easily say that your intent is to kill someone with your weapons.

Don't get me wrong. It looks bad, some guy carrying cuffs or restraints but if that was REALLY your intent then why would you allow it to be known? Or recorded?

You rock up to the seat of government that has spent TRILLIONS in defense in this century and you can just get inside. Not only that but you are planning such acts against this massive machine that you display your intentions?

I can’t engage further. I feel my IQ being lowered.

Detritus70 wrote: »
    No shoes, no shirt, no service.
    The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
    My gaffe, my rules.

A business decides who they want to do business with. You can disagree all you want, but if you don't adhere to the terms and conditions you ain't doing business with them.
    Jesus, how often has this been explained on this thread?

Of course a business can't decide it doesn't want to do business with women or black people.
    But this doesn't extend to extremists and headcases thank God.

Your gaffe indeed.

I can’t engage further. I feel my IQ being lowered.

Well then I appreciate the engagement.

They weren't MY words.

I was just passing on what the guy said.

• Advertisement

Carrying cable ties is not crime.

Why do you think he was carrying them?

Advertisement