Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PCR test is mandatory to travel

Options
  • 31-12-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

If you don't have a valid negative PCR test taken 72 hours or less prior to getting on a plane you will be denied the right to board.

This means that every time you want to get on a plane you will have to stump up 180 euros for the test.

What's the conspiracy here, you might well ask? Quite simple. It's difficult to force people to be vaccinated but the best way is to make it financially crippling for them not to do so.

Just let that sink in for a moment. The Dutch government announced on Tuesday 29th of December that anyone entering The Netherlands by plane, ferry, bus or train MUST be in possession of a negative PCR test taken within72 hours of travel. There are THOUSANDS of people who cross the border each day. This will mean that they will have to shell out 180 euros for a PCR test at least twice a week in order to travel. That's a lot of money if you live and work in say, Eindhoven and take the bus every Saturday to visit your mother across the border in Germany.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

wow this could be interesting
    you will have people living in the Netherlands without a valid test or vaccine and discriminating against someone not in Netherlands
    I suppose they can pull the public health card to deny access

If you don't have a valid negative PCR test taken 72 hours or less prior to getting on a plane you will be denied the right to board.

This means that every time you want to get on a plane you will have to stump up 180 euros for the test.

What's the conspiracy here, you might well ask? Quite simple. It's difficult to force people to be vaccinated but the best way is to make it financially crippling for them not to do so.

Just let that sink in for a moment. The Dutch government announced on Tuesday 29th of December that anyone entering The Netherlands by plane, ferry, bus or train MUST be in possession of a negative PCR test taken within72 hours of travel. There are THOUSANDS of people who cross the border each day. This will mean that they will have to shell out 180 euros for a PCR test at least twice a week in order to travel. That's a lot of money if you live and work in say, Eindhoven and take the bus every Saturday to visit your mother across the border in Germany.

Cui bono?

Are the pharma companies running government/airlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Cui bono?

The usual idea is that everyone is involved in the big giant conspiracy. Government, businesses, scientists, media...

All of them are involved all the time.

King Mob wrote: »
    The usual idea is that everyone is involved in the big giant conspiracy. Government, businesses, scientists, media...

All of them are involved all the time.

The guy that blew himself up in the US recently believed in the Lizard people. My CT is that CT views lead to people blowing themselves up.

does it have any information if the people travelling are exempt from the PCR test and have free movement if they have been vaccinated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

The guy that blew himself up in the US recently believed in the Lizard people. My CT is that CT views lead to people blowing themselves up.

I don't know why you are bringing up lizard people or alien abductions. Is it to ridicule a discussion?

If you are given the choice of taking a vaccine or not taking a vaccine don't you think your choice ought to be respected? If however you choose not to take that vaccine but your life is made unbearably inconvenient as a result of that decision then what might your thoughts be? Would you think that it's fair?

I don't want to hear about tin foil hats or faces on Mars as a response to deflect from the question. I'd like to hear a reasoned reply.

does it have any information if the people travelling are exempt from the PCR test and have free movement if they have been vaccinated?

The requirement is that you are in possession of a PCR test result that shows negative and that test must have been conducted within 72 hours of travel.

There is as yet no stipulation for the requirement being overridden in lieu of vaccination. So for now you just have to stump up 180 euros just to get on the plane (as long as you are negative....positive and you ain't going no place, buddy).

If you need to fly back or take the bus back or the train back 72 hours later....that's another 180 euros as your first PCR test is now out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

My daughter got a PCR test yesterday in Dublin, cost €100 , flying back to the Netherlands tomorrow, before she came home she got tested in the Netherlands, cost 0, don't think the Dutch govt are making much out of this. There are plenty of other countries where you need a test for entry

I don't know why you are bringing up lizard people or alien abductions. Is it to ridicule a discussion?

If you are given the choice of taking a vaccine or not taking a vaccine don't you think your choice ought to be respected? If however you choose not to take that vaccine but your life is made unbearably inconvenient as a result of that decision then what might your thoughts be? Would you think that it's fair?

I don't want to hear about tin foil hats or faces on Mars as a response to deflect from the question. I'd like to hear a reasoned reply.

That was a response to Kong Mob. It's a fallacy to think an OP owns a thread.

As to your question. I believe people should have the right to refuse a vaccine. But, the government should then protect the populace from these people moving about. It's going to take time to roll out the vaccine, and some people may not be able to take the current version.

But none of that has anything to do with the CT in your OP.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it is absolutely not a conspiracy for citizens to be restricted the full freedoms of a society if they refuse to take measures to protect the very same society.

I cannot stand out side a cafe a demand a coffee for free just because i choose not to hand over cash for said product.

• Advertisement

Let's leave aside the Illuminati and chemtrails. Are you ok to stump up 180 euros for a PCR test each time you get on a 20 Euro Ryanair flight?

Since you are so dismissive of those who have a problem with all these restrictions and measures I would imagine that you won't be so smart and smug and condescending when you're being hit in the wallet.

The drones who obediently paid up their water charges were all cock-a-hoop at the proles who rebelled. They bitched about how if we all didn't pay these charge then the water infrastructure would implode. "Everyone else pays water charges....sniffle. These protesters are stopping people just trying to do their jobs...WaaaHHH!!"

Last I saw the water infrastructure is still functioning and the obedient ones happily took back their refunds.

Will you be happliy shelling out 180 euros for a test each time you want to travel? Because hey, it's for the common good? We're all in this together?

A home HIV kit with results in just 15 minutes costs 39 euros, yet a Covid test costs 180?

Let's leave aside the Illuminati and chemtrails. Are you ok to stump up 180 euros for a PCR test each time you get on a 20 Euro Ryanair flight?

Since you are so dismissive of those who have a problem with all these restrictions and measures I would imagine that you won't be so smart and smug and condescending when you're being hit in the wallet.

The drones who obediently paid up their water charges were all cock-a-hoop at the proles who rebelled. They bitched about how if we all didn't pay these charge then the water infrastructure would implode. "Everyone else pays water charges....sniffle. These protesters are stopping people just trying to do their jobs...WaaaHHH!!"

Last I saw the water infrastructure is still functioning and the obedient ones happily took back their refunds.

Will you be happliy shelling out 180 euros for a test each time you want to travel? Because hey, it's for the common good? We're all in this together?

A home HIV kit with results in just 15 minutes costs 39 euros, yet a Covid test costs 180?

You don't need to travel. People are not able to go to funerals. People are dying. Just checking, you believe this, right?

Where are you getting your €180 figure from?And do you understand the economies of scale?

And now we're onto water charges. FFS, concentrate man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Hmmm

€ 180. For something that's not even accurate all the time

You don't need to travel. People are not able to go to funerals. People are dying. Just checking, you believe this, right?

Where are you getting your €180 figure from?And do you understand the economies of scale?

You can get one from Ryanair for € 149. Save a few euros. Lol

enno99 wrote: »
    You can get one from Ryanair for € 149. Save a few euros. Lol

If Ryanair are selling for €149 pretty sure if you look around you could get for a few milk bottle tops ��

Interesting Spain now refusing the cheaper antigen one. Was good all along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Actions have consequences.

Why is that so hard to comprehend for some people? It’s fine to believe certain things but don’t expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate these beliefs.

Cui bono?

Cui bono, indeed.

Good question and I don't have the answer.

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a test 72 hours prior to flying. You rock up to the airport with your clean "bill of health" yet could have contracted the virus 20 minutes after your test or even on the bus or in the taxi on your way to the airport.

Just because you were negative yesterday and have the documents to prove it doesn't mean you are negative today, does it?

win win for the airlines if there is no chance of a refund if you test positive

with the current cloud over the pcr test and false positives its a big risk to take as even if you feel fine, there is a high probability you could test positive

I dont see too many people taking that chance especially on foreign holidays

imagine a family going away and they all pass except the youngest child, the consequences are huge

this could kick back on the airlines

My daughter got a PCR test yesterday in Dublin, cost €100 , flying back to the Netherlands tomorrow, before she came home she got tested in the Netherlands, cost 0, don't think the Dutch govt are making much out of this. There are plenty of other countries where you need a test for entry

Right and if she comes back next weekend or the weekend after and then needs to return then that's another 100, correct?

The test has a 72 hour "shelf life".

• Advertisement

Cui bono, indeed.

Good question and I don't have the answer.

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a test 72 hours prior to flying. You rock up to the airport with your clean "bill of health" yet could have contracted the virus 20 minutes after your test or even on the bus or in the taxi on your way to the airport.

Just because you were negative yesterday and have the documents to prove it doesn't mean you are negative today, does it?

You're right. No test is 100%. That doesn't mean tests are zero effective. They will stop most spread. The alternative is to shut down all travel, like currently. This seems a good compromise.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    it is absolutely not a conspiracy for citizens to be restricted the full freedoms of a society if they refuse to take measures to protect the very same society.

I cannot stand out side a cafe a demand a coffee for free just because i choose not to hand over cash for said product.

Yes you can. You just won't be given one. You are free to demand all you want. Your demands will most likely not be met.

If someone says that you need to pay money to go from your house to that cafe to make your demands that's a completely different story. You are free to travel there. It is your right no matter what people may think. If you are a leper, riddled with hepatitis, ebola, or your appearance is just so plain repugnant that it causes people to have nightmares you STILL have the right to travel to the cafe and make your meaningless demands.

Try to come up with a better analogy.

Would you submit to a mandatory HIV test because you could infect other people? Would you be happy IF you were positive then you should be locked away because it is in society's best interests that your freedoms be trashed.

What do you mean "you don't need to travel"?
    What planet do you inhabit?

Is your idea of travel going to the neighbouring village to sell a goose once a year?

Thousands, MILLIONS, not only need to travel but have the right to do so. It is enshrined in the EU Constitution.

The 180 figure is one that was quoted to me. Boots are doing one for the bargain price of 139 Euros:

https://www.boots.ie/covid-19-testing-service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Yes you can. You just won't be given one. You are free to demand all you want. Your demands will most likely not be met.

If someone says that you need to pay money to go from your house to that cafe to make your demands that's a completely different story. You are free to travel there. It is your right no matter what people may think. If you are a leper, riddled with hepatitis, ebola, or your appearance is just so plain repugnant that it causes people to have nightmares you STILL have the right to travel to the cafe and make your meaningless demands.

Try to come up with a better analogy.

Would you submit to a mandatory HIV test because you could infect other people? Would you be happy IF you were positive then you should be locked away because it is in society's best interests that your freedoms be trashed.

What right do you have to travel across international boundaries?

Is it an absolute right or can it be limited? Hint: it isn’t and it can.

What do you mean "you don't need to travel"?
    What planet do you inhabit?

Is your idea of travel going to the neighbouring village to sell a goose once a year?

Thousands, MILLIONS, not only need to travel but have the right to do so. It is enshrined in the EU Constitution.

The 180 figure is one that was quoted to me. Boots are doing one for the bargain price of 139 Euros:

https://www.boots.ie/covid-19-testing-service

So, the €180 figure is irrelevant for starters. No you don't have a right to fly. Bring that EU charter with you to the airport, it will be something to sit on while you come to the realisation you're going nowhere.

If you have to travel for work and it is necessary work will have to pay.

As I said, people are restricted from going to funerals. So, if someone needs to travel to lessen the likelihood they are going to be the cause of someone's death they need a test. Simples.

enno99 wrote: »
    Hmmm

€ 180. For something that's not even accurate all the time

Not only that but you could contract the virus 30 seconds after walking out the door of the test centre/lab/clinic and yet you are still clear to travel for the next 72 hours.

It's as cretinous as taking a blood test in order to donate, getting the all-clear and then ducking down a back alley, shooting up with a shared needle with a bunch of heroin addicts, having the rest of the afternoon engaging in unprotected sex with syphlittic street walkers and then heading to the blood bank 2 days later with your "certificate".

Not only that but you could contract the virus 30 seconds after walking out the door of the test centre/lab/clinic and yet you are still clear to travel for the next 72 hours.

An attempt to explain this to you was already made.

Are you shelling out the 100+ everytime you want to see her or is she footing the bill?

If Ryanair are selling for €149 pretty sure if you look around you could get for a few milk bottle tops ��

Come on then....find us one.

You and your missus want to fly somewhere to see a friend and stay for a few days in their place. Maybe bring your teenage son and daughter.

That's 600 quid for the four of you just to get on the plane. But HEY, it's worth it, right?

But then your son or daughter has an accident and is laid up in hospital at your destination. Happily nothing too serious but maybe a few weeks in hospital. You and the remaining crew punch back to Ireland but each time you and your wife want to pop over to see him/her you have to fess up 300 quid just to board the flight.

Kinda adds up doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Actions have consequences.

Why is that so hard to comprehend for some people? It’s fine to believe certain things but don’t expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate these beliefs.

I'm not sure I get what you are trying to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement