Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

mloc123 wrote: »
    Burrito place badly needed in north kildare :)

Ever went to Munch in RiverForest Leixlip ?!They defied the laws of Physics getting those wraps to close !Not surprising alas they didnt last considering the generosity of portions .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

That's strange my post is no longer available - I can't post a pic but here are the prices for Besburritos

Burritos-7.90 euro
    Fajitas-7.50 euro
    Tacos-3 euro each 2 tacos for 5 euro
    Burrito Bowl- 7.50 euro
    Salad Bowl - 6.00 euro
    Nachos- 6.00 euro

Protein selection looks like chicken, beef, pork, beef mince and veggies
    Hope this helps! I went there yesterday and loved the chicken tacos. Coyne Family Butcher is supplying the meat and it's great quality. Happy to finally have a burrito bar here in Maynooth

My post has disappeared too, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mindyourself

Yeah I have no idea very strange, if you could post the menu again that would be excellent. I'm sure it would be better to read than my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

Probably because it’s a brand new account just raving about the prices in a new business

wally79 wrote: »
    Probably because it’s a brand new account just raving about the prices in a new business

I didn't rave about prices but I enjoyed my experience and wanted to share with community :) there seemed to be complaints about there not being a menu and prices so Mystery Egg and I provided those. Hope this helped someone.

• Advertisement

I didn't rave about prices but I enjoyed my experience and wanted to share with community :)

It may be an honest post but obviously it looks like shilling

It may be an honest post but obviously it looks like shilling

Well you have to start somewhere on these threads so I'm happy to help anyway I can. I would hope people would be understanding of that.

Well you have to start somewhere on these threads so I'm happy to help anyway I can. I would hope people would be understanding of that.

Yes but you created an account and your first two posts contain the price lists of a business. It arouses suspicion

Yes but you created an account and your first two posts contain the price lists of a business. It arouses suspicion

I was just trying to help, some users wanted prices and the menu. Hope this helps

My post deleted too. :-(

• Advertisement

I'm not a new user and my post was deleted. I haven't even been there. I just posted the menu without comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I had the pic saved, so here it is again, thanks for taking it!

IMG-20201129-083243828.jpg

So its down near where the former Greene's (their 'Platform' NY style pizza diner in Bray is well worth a trip-Narnia fans will burst with excitement as they enter the toilets through a wardobe -boys turn left ,girls right !-)used be near Castle ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its next door to where Greenes was. I thin the unit may have briefly been Greenes Deli? Was Tanseys for a while also.

Greenes became the Gatehouse and now Yeahburgr.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

A sign is just going up on the old butchers in Manor Mills saying that a beauticians is opening soon. It advertises the website www.bloomingyou.ie but the website doesn't seem to work!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning's gone in to convert the former bookies at the Newtown shops in to a pizzeria. There was an Apache in the Spar there for years and years so there's precedence anyway.

From when the unit was for rent, it looks like the bike shop were using it as overflow storage.

L1011 wrote: »
    Planning's gone in to convert the former bookies at the Newtown shops in to a pizzeria. There was an Apache in the Spar there for years and years so there's precedence anyway.

From when the unit was for rent, it looks like the bike shop were using it as overflow storage.

I hope it's decent pizza. I'm not mad about Mizzoni's / Pizza Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I really miss Rebel Pizza. Don't miss any of our delivery pizza options now.

I really miss Rebel Pizza. Don't miss any of our delivery pizza options now.

I wasn't mad about Rebel either! The bases were thick and sweet which is not my cup of tea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Papa Johns has the best take out pizza if you discount Donatellos.

Newtown shops could do with a really good chipper.

• Advertisement

Chipper has been refused before over there. Old local development plan capped the number but it's not in the current one

Yeah always thought a chipper would do well there, plenty of passing traffic, and lots of residential nearby, especially students (although far less now than 5+ years ago).

It'll be interesting to see how a pizza place does. AFAIK the Chinese in the Newtown Inn isn't too busy, although I've heard it's pretty decent.

Yeah always thought a chipper would do well there, plenty of passing traffic, and lots of residential nearby, especially students (although far less now than 5+ years ago).

It'll be interesting to see how a pizza place does. AFAIK the Chinese in the Newtown Inn isn't too busy, although I've heard it's pretty decent.

They're extremely busy for takeaway, sit in less so.

Oh really? Don't usually go for Chinese usually but must give them a try soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I wouldn't say they are any better or worse than the others.

Best parking if you want to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they are any better or worse than the others.

Best parking if you want to collect.

I'm not a massive fan of chinese takeaway but the one in Newtown is arguably the best of them in the town. I think the Orient is awful tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

The take away is absolutely mental busy there best chinese in the town IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Scoundrel wrote: »

Agreed the food is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I wanted to get a burrito for lunch last Friday so tried the new place. Went in at 12:32 and was told they are not open yet. Very weird. Plus there was about 5 staff working there in a tight space and not one mask between them. I'll be giving it a miss for some time until Covid blows over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Scoundrel wrote: »

Especially busy at the minute as they're providing the "substantial meal" that allows the Newtown Inn to open, the lads who run the Chinese hate it and would rather be serving their regular customers in a timely fashion than chucking €9 worth of chicken wings and spice bags to the pintmen. Still, must be good for their revenue.

Advertisement