Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide - The Greatest Christmas Song... EVER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

535596.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Not cool...

My whole family died in a fire at Christmas and I was the only survivor...

Not cool at all...

I'll adopt you LeVar, but your banned from horrors. You need some Cindy lou's in your life :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not cool...

My whole family died in a fire at Christmas and I was the only survivor...

Not cool at all...

No wait, that's a lie, I'm lying...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Where's the caramel in that Aero bar? I don't see any!

Worst final two ever. We should stop letting boardsies decide things, because most of you are f**king terrible at it.

It’s karma for all your sh*tty gifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll adopt you LeVar, but your banned from horrors. You need some Cindy lou's in your life :pac:

Eww to being adopted...

Horrors make me feel warm and fuzzy, so gonna keep them...

What's a Cindy Lou?

ShaneU wrote: »

That’s because it’s not open pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Omackeral wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Hey I love LeVar's gifs! If I knew how to post them we'd be annoying together. We'd basically be the Jedwrds of gifs. & quote you each time mwhahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I forgot about this until just now. So proud of you guys.

Wizzard and Let it Snow are both great, but I think Let it Snow clinches it for being listenable to at any time - have to be in a certain mood for Wizzard..

I mean in the picture, there's no caramel there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it mixed in the bubbles

I prefer Wispa Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

For all 12 of us who voted for Fairytale..khalessi, jaykay, also staring, hello 2d, mehaffey, mirrowall, eagle eye, mustang sally, kathleen, johngreen, speckle and greenand red may 'all our dreams come true'. And got koboshed by the nightmare before Xmas...

Merry christmas to ya all let it snow down and freeze the rest of them... it maybe our last.. I am now off to 'drink some mountain dew'.. ps necro my vote is in that last sentence somewhere ..needs a human not a machine to find it ;):D

^ I like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Final 2 are like me when.... .....oh wait.......that is too dirty to say really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Dean Martin - Let it Snow

I mean in the picture, there's no caramel there

It's written on the packet. It smells and tastes delicious.

Dean Martin let it snow.

Not as sexy a voice as Michael Bublé but he looks better and he still sounds good

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

My vote goes to Dean Martin and Let It Snow. A feelgood relaxing Christmas tune with a wonderfully laid-back crooner. I heard it tonight on Christmas FM. Luckily, I did not hear I Wish It Could be Chris Rhea - sorry - Christmas Everyday!

Some nominations that should have gone further: Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rhea, Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen, Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid, Christmas Time by Bryan Adams and, of course, Bing Crosby and David Bowie's duet.

Some of the ones that got away (even if I did not submit any nominations!): My Grown-Up Christmas List by Natalie Cole and David Foster, Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry, A Merry Jingle by The Greedies and something by Lady Antebellum.

Hey I love LeVar's gifs! If I knew how to post them we'd be annoying together. We'd basically be the Jedwrds of gifs. & quote you each time mwhahaha

giphy.gif

I'm actually quite pleased with this Final Two, makes up somewhat for the consistently terrible decisions made in the 2010's thread.

Anyway I'm gonna vote for Wizzard. Because it's joyful and energetic, and it is more Christmassy than 'Let It Snow' which can apply to any cold-weather occasion.

tenor.gif?itemid=5057861

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=16576863

giphy.gif

:D:D Brat.

Even the naughty Grinch turns out be a good boy in the end LeVar, there is hope for you yet. You just need some cheermeister in your life

:D:D Brat.

Even the naughty Grinch turns out be a good boy in the end LeVar, there is hope for you yet. You just need some cheermeister in your life

But The Grinch is just a story... This is real life... There are no last minute changes of heart...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Top of the pops 2:Christmas special on BBC 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Gru wrote: »
    I'm voting for Dean Martin leT IT Snow!

:pac:

051.jpg
    738.jpg

That's me voting Let It Snow too

Seriously Wizzard, pıss off and think about what you're saying. Christmas... every single day...?? Every day? Every day with your family, no shops open, hardly any pubs, no sport on the tele, no gigs, no summer, no bin collections, we'd just live amongst our rising detritus watching endless loops of sentimental slush on TV with Lily Allen doing an acoustic cover of some old shıte song until the sweet release of death. Feck off

I'm late to this tournament, am I doing it right?

• Advertisement

Dean Martin let it snow.

Not as sexy a voice as Michael Bublé but he looks better and he still sounds good

th?id=OIP.Q2E3dSaSIwN-I-ACPcU1LgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=278&h=157

But The Grinch is just a story... This is real life... There are no last minute changes of heart...

:o

the Grinch is real. & so is Santa. If you just 'Believe'

Dean Martin let it snow.

Hold on.

Michael has a better voice that Dean??????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dean Martin - Let it snow.

Truly a great Christmas song.

Hold on.

Michael has a better voice that Dean??????????????

Of course he has. Dean has a beautiful voice but Michael just resontes sexiness.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Wizzard-I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Would be fitting for Forum Gamers to vote a non Christmas song to win a greatest Christmas song contest like they did for a non Christmas movie to win a greatest Christmas movie contest.

Ironically, said song is played at the end of said movie

Kolido wrote: »
    Would be fitting for Forum Gamers to vote a non Christmas song to win a greatest Christmas song contest like they did for a non Christmas movie to win a greatest Christmas movie contest.

Oh it would certainly be fitting. In the US/Canadian State and Provincial Flag Tournament, neither a state nor a province won. In the Subdivisions of Western Europe Flag Tournament, the winner hailed from the West coast of Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Oh it would certainly be fitting. In the US/Canadian State and Provincial Flag Tournament, neither a state nor a province won. In the Subdivisions of Western Europe Flag Tournament, the winner hailed from the West coast of Africa.

Israel won the Eurovision, a song contest for Europe remember, four times!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Italians in the best song from a black person contest- and they wanted to allow Barry Manilow or some twerp like that into it.
    Male singers with small amount of female backing vocalists in the best female song contest.
    Songs from the early 00s and 2020 in the best song of the 2010s contest.
    The list goes on...

Whoever it was that started pushing the Caramel Aero like mad, Sinead I think, I hope you are happy with your stipend from Nestle for product placement :P
    I've got it in my head now and I want to find out what it tastes like.
    A few posters have succumbed to the temptation already.

Israel won the Eurovision, a song contest for Europe remember, four times!

Israel is not in Europe but is a member of the European Broadcasting Union who run the competition. Israel also take part in European Championships and Israeli teams take part in UEFA Champions League.

Whoever it was that started pushing the Caramel Aero like mad, Sinead I think, I hope you are happy with your stipend from Nestle for product placement :P

No it wasn't me. I've never had one. I'm going the cinema later though(with Declan) & I'm gonna try get one in the shop to see what all the fuss is about

It was me who said it first. I am obsessed with Caramel Aero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dean Martin for me

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

David Essex Winters Tale

Shoelaces wrote: »
    David Essex Winters Tale

we have our winner

Kathleen, this is you once you get your bung from Nestle. :pac:
    27099502-closeup-of-a-young-business-woman-lying-covered-in-cash.jpg

Just got it there now for €2.50...
    Yer woman on the till when punching the price into the card machine says to me, 'oh look at me tryna charge you €25.. For a bar of chocolate.. It'd wanna be a bar of Gucci chocolate!!!' :D Well I only walked out the shop in a heap laughing. Good aul Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement