Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car would you like to see re-introduced to the market?

Options
  • 05-12-2020 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a re-hash of an old topic but, having looked at KGF Cars and the collection of near mint retro - nearly new cars they have in stock I couldn't help but wonder what model cars the good people of Motors would like re-introduced to the market?

We got a taste of it when Seat reintroduced the B7 Audi A4 by way of the Seat Exeo but what would you like ?

Me - I had a 2003 Passat B5 Sport like this one below - they had that fantastic 'thunk' where your ears would pop when closing the doors. I'd be quite happy to buy a brand new one if VW brought back that type of build quality again.

460632167_eed9cf640f.jpg

Or maybe the 6th gen Honda Accord -

honda-accord-type-r-uk-spec-2_530x354.jpg

Just add in multi link rear suspension and some more modern toys of course. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Capri

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Morris Minor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

No mention of the Ssangyong Rodius?

ODU3NmQ0YWExMDllNDU4N2YyMmNiZTU2MzgxNzQzMjXl94ioQvOE-7TKimuCr7bxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI5MzIxMzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

FGR wrote: »
    No mention of the Ssangyong Rodius?

ODU3NmQ0YWExMDllNDU4N2YyMmNiZTU2MzgxNzQzMjXl94ioQvOE-7TKimuCr7bxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI5MzIxMzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    Worse to drive than it is to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Saab 900, first version.

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »
    Saab 900, first version.

****, yeah. Saab

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

DeLorean, re-engined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I'll also make a special mention for the MK4, 5, 6 or 7 Golf - the MK8 Golf's interior just doesn't do anything for me as I'd like buttons and dials as opposed to using a screen when the car is moving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Audi A2 in Full EV in that same aluminium body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Honda CRX (EE8)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Honda CRX (EE8)

It looks such a natural shape to hybridise and modernise. With Honda and the design on the new E I get the impression they have lots of greatness to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Ford Cortina Mk3

(2 door Red with black go faster stripes and reg no SNI 71 so if anyone knows where it is let me know :pac::pac: )

Actually, I loved the 2.0 GXL in yellow with the black vinyl roof and chrome trim, couldn't afford one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Skyline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

DeLorean, re-engined.

A Delorean EV would be quite cool. I’ve been eyeing the one they converted in Queens university Belfast, a very nice conversion indeed.

A Delorean EV would be quite cool. I’ve been eyeing the one they converted in Queens university Belfast, a very nice conversion indeed.

Very much back to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Not a sporty car but a lovely small car: Renault 5.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Iodine1 wrote: »
    Not a sporty car but a lovely small car: Renault 5.
    Renault says Hold my beer..

1985-Renault-R5-Turbo-2-Type-8221-1024x684.jpg

:D Absolutely crackers car. In the unlikely event you ever get the chance to pedal one, take it with both hands, but have funeral expenses on your insurance first if it's a damp day and you've a heavy right foot.

But yeah the R5 had fantastic packaging design right out of the box.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

continuing with Renault

the electric R4 (or something similar ..simple, basic, effective)

renault-4-obendorfer-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Last of the MK.1 Mini Cooper 1275 S.
    I sold mine for 400 pounds, same as I paid for it, back in the 70’s.
    Wish I’d kept it, can’t afford one now!

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    continuing with Renault

the electric R4 (or something similar ..simple, basic, effective)

renault-4-obendorfer-22.jpg

I thnik you are really onto something there, there is a gap in the EV market.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Volvo 480, amazing car, best I ever had

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Capri

More or less have with the Mustang being made in RHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ford Granada

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I'd love to see the return of the BMW E39 5 series and E38 7 series. They were fabulous cars back in the day and they had things modern BMWs don't have, like hydraulic power steering for superior feedback, six engines as a bare minimum (naturally aspirated of course for a much nicer exhaust note in the case of the petrol varieties) and were unashamedly rear wheel drive with classic 50:50 weight distribution, not front wheel drive or all wheel drive like so many modern BMWs.

They still look classy and sporty today - back in the good old days BMW understood the concept of style. The only thing they need is 21st century infotainment, safety and technology features. A plug in version would be nice to ensure they're some way emissions relevant to the 21st century, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Carina 88-92

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

I'm picking up a completely restored 1984 Citroën 2CV next
    Week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

92-97 Corolla Xli

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

Toyota MR2 T Bar Mark 2 Revision (3-5)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭elperello

noelf wrote: »