Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

It's funny no one ever complained when the Cork ladies were winning all those all irelands.

Thats because some people believe that Cork's titles were down to hard work and natural talent while Dublin's are down solely to money.

We know that's nonsense. But if it helps them cope with Dublin's dominance then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Rolo2010 wrote: »

Better than seeing Cork win 9 in a row.

Fully agreed. I was sick to death of Cork winning every year and was cheering you on. Would love to see someone else win it now. Pity it can't be a mixture of winners instead of one team dominating followed by another doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Fully agreed. I was sick to death of Cork winning every year and was cheering you on. Would love to see someone else win it now. Pity it can't be a mixture of winners instead of one team dominating followed by another doing the same.

Yeah it would be nice to see two competitive teams pity one dipped while the other went the other way. I can't remember which year it was but I remember roaring and cursing at the telly after Dublin ladies collapsed v the Cork ladies.
    The Dubs were miles ahead. Might even have happened a couple of times!

First thought was they were like the 00's Dubs men's team, flakey as hell.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah it would be nice to see two competitive teams pity one dipped while the other went the other way. I can't remember which year it was but I remember roaring and cursing at the telly after Dublin ladies collapsed v the Cork ladies.

Two years in a row, if my flakey memory is correct. I remember at the time thinking that they'd never make it, there was just something wrong in the minds of all Dublin teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They lost a big lead to Cork through sheer head staggers. Mad aimless kick outs which basically set up a siege. Remember another year on Canal end with daughter in 200s when they were beaten by a last ditch goal (Cora Staunton?) by Mayo.

Love watching them and they showed great heart yesterday, but get the impression that they coming back to a pack of very good teams including Armagh and a resurgent Cork and Sinead will be a massive loss in final. Equivalent to 4/5 points imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They lost a big lead to Cork through sheer head staggers. Mad aimless kick outs which basically set up a siege. Remember another year on Canal end with daughter in 200s when they were beaten by a last ditch goal (Cora Staunton?) by Mayo.

Love watching them and they showed great heart yesterday, but get the impression that they coming back to a pack of very good teams including Armagh and a resurgent Cork and Sinead will be a massive loss in final. Equivalent to 4/5 points imho.

But we’ll be back on our home pitch of Croker, that alone adds the 4/5 points back.... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

That Leinster championship thread has turned into another mess. You'd almost think McKenna has made clones of himself to post on every site discussing Dublin GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CatInABox wrote: »
    Two years in a row, if my flakey memory is correct. I remember at the time thinking that they'd never make it, there was just something wrong in the minds of all Dublin teams.

2009 final was the only ladies final I was at. And we absolutely had a meltdown that day. After the men's QF earlier on in the year I basically figured I would never see us win an AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Mc kenna indeed seems to pop up in different media outlets to drone on and on about the big bad dubs .It appears to be his mission in life to make everyone aware how unfair it is that the Dubs are winning .Mind you I love winning and I love the idea he and his buddies are fuming about us winning .

That Leinster championship thread has turned into another mess. You'd almost think McKenna has made clones of himself to post on every site discussing Dublin GAA.

Haha I gave up, even facts get ignored. Took them ages to concede partly Kildare / Meath's fault who went backwards. Plus there was another who tried claim Micko did not bring in imports because they lived and worked there. But I pointed out Karl got his job after he left Kerry to join his dad. They did not like that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: The restriction on discussing the Dublin Dominance in this thread applies to everyone. If you want to discuss the topic, do so on that thread. Don't discuss it here.

Mod: The restriction on discussing the Dublin Dominance in this thread applies to everyone. If you want to discuss the topic, do so on that thread. Don't discuss it here.

I'm pretty sure the other thread was closed by the mods and the Leinster championship thread has devolved into the same rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What are people's plans for Christmas so?

Coddle Christmas Eve anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm pretty sure the other thread was closed by the mods and the Leinster championship thread has devolved into the same rubbish.

Are you referring to this one?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890333

Coddle Christmas Eve anyway.

What dram goes with coddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭rrs

Bernard Flynn tweeting that Jack McCaffrey was back training with Dublin at the weekend.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What dram goes with coddle?

I reckon the mild peatiness of the Talisker 10 will complement the saltiness of the bacon.

rrs wrote: »
    Bernard Flynn tweeting that Jack McCaffrey was back training with Dublin at the weekend.

The AI thread will explode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I reckon the mild peatiness of the Talisker 10 will complement the saltiness of the bacon.

Bowmore - goes with anything.

I'd be avoiding the Talisker at all costs, it's probably the worst Scotch I've ever tried. It's cheap but not cheerful.

Bowmore is solid, a good all rounder. But Glendronach the best bang for your buck out there, an unbelievable dram.

Lagavulin is the man you want over Christmas.

Not a chance he'll be picked for coming games after stepping aside, wouldn't be fair. Interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭rrs

Yea would be short time frame to expect to feature, and played no club football since September? Maybe it's just for a positive influence, he'd be a well liked player.

Though I was surprised Connolly was recalled last year. He didn't look up to the pace in the All Ireland bar that pass which was more miss hit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The problem with discussing it here is that it attracts the same people who ruined that other thread. It's all grand discussing it amongst ourselves (even if it would be a a bit of an echo chamber), but someone will come in with the same drivel, and if it explodes in here, then I'm wading through pages and pages of posts that I don't care about.

Leave them at it in other threads I say.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The problem with discussing it here is that it attracts the same people who ruined that other thread. It's all grand discussing it amongst ourselves (even if it would be a a bit of an echo chamber), but someone will come in with the same drivel, and if it explodes in here, then I'm wading through pages and pages of posts that I don't care about.

Leave them at it in other threads I say.

Fair point, the poor auld GAA refs and/or mods side of things is never thought of! :D

Yea would be short time frame to expect to feature, and played no club football since September? Maybe it's just for a positive influence, he'd be a well liked player.

Though I was surprised Connolly was recalled last year. He didn't look up to the pace in the All Ireland bar that pass which was more miss hit

I would say positive influence and would give the place a lift. Same with Connolly teams know what he is capable of even half fit for a few minutes. Plus lifted the crowd (not factor now unfortunately). If I was a tired back with 60ish gone I wouldn't want to see Jack Mc warming up.

Fair point, the poor auld GAA refs and/or mods side of things is never thought of! :D

Oh, I'm not a mod on this forum, just don't want to rehash arguments that are going nowhere! I'm all up for a useful discussion, no matter how heated it gets, but once it starts going around in circles, I just check out.

Jaden wrote: »
    Bowmore - goes with anything.

I got the Talisker as I'm still waiting on a bottle of Bowmore to arrive.

Hopefully next week... Hopefully...
    Slattsy wrote: »
    I'd be avoiding the Talisker at all costs, it's probably the worst Scotch I've ever tried. It's cheap but not cheerful.

Bowmore is solid, a good all rounder. But Glendronach the best bang for your buck out there, an unbelievable dram.

Lagavulin is the man you want over Christmas.

There's gonna be a bottle of Lag on the shelf in time for Christmas don't you worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

What’s your expectations for the semi final at the weekend lads? Bookies have ye 100/1 on!!

Advertisement