Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect draft users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Thinking of ordering the perfect draft machine, only recently found out about it and the kegs. Good reviews for it and plenty of different beers. Anyone used thebeergals.com yet?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Davexirl wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering the perfect draft machine, only recently found out about it and the kegs. Good reviews for it and plenty of different beers. Anyone used thebeergals.com yet?

Yep, I have (for beer); and theres free delivery on your first order. I spoke with Georgina directly on the phone, very helpful. I'm still working my way through the kegs, so haven't tried the return process yet.

FWIW, I got Leffe Ruby (new to me), Blond (I know and like), and Franziskaner (my usual tipple, saves me going to Lidl). I won't be getting the Leffe Ruby again, for too sweet for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

just ordered one from TheBeerGals yesterday so I'll see what happens. It looks like their variety of kegs isn't as vast as the UK sites hope they increase it. There is a real gap in the Irish market for this stuff, I know two other people that have one of these systems and another who is looking at buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pjamas

Hi All:
    I live local so went today and bought a machine and first 3 kegs. Set up was easy.( 5-10 mins). Girl there was very informative and said that they will be increasing their range as time goes on. Only 7 weeks open and are very busy. Giving the €5 back on all empties. Enquired in relation as to why you need to buy 3 kegs at a time and it has to do with the fact that they have a ‘wholesale license ‘. Once set up it seems to be working perfectly. Beer ( Jupiler) is really good. Prices are as on the website and kegs range from €40-€52. Not sure on delivery. Didn’t need it. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Got my machine off thebeergals and I'm very happy with it, great piece of kit. The kegs came separately and once finished you back them in the box they came in email beergals and they send a courier to pick it up, you then get 5 euro credit per keg. Great system I think.

I emailed them about their selection as it seems more limited then UK sites, they said with each new order they place they get 1 new beer to see if it would be popular and although there are 40 types of beer they are limited in production.

Now I'm just waiting for the weekend to start and I'll have football and draft beer to enjoy again..*single tear of happiness rolls down my cheek*

• Advertisement

GNow I'm just waiting for the weekend until it's 6pm somewhere in the world to start and I'll have football and draft beer to enjoy again..*single tear of happiness rolls down my cheek*

FYP :pac:

I see the machine is £199 on beer hawk, good price for it. Anyone order the machine only with them, with delivery to Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hootenanny

I see the machine is £199 on beer hawk, good price for it. Anyone order the machine only with them, with delivery to Parcel Motel?

Ordered the machine from beerhawk a month ago. Used addresspal for the free delivery (English address). Addresspal cost around 11 euro for home delivery. Should be fine with Parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

got the stella bundle yesterday, oversized, so had to pick it up from the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eugers1

Have used these girls from the start. They are excellent. Brilliant customer service. Ordered beer 11 o clock on Tues arrived 10 o clock Wed morning .
    Have spoken a few times with Rosalind and emails wit Georgina and all very helpful..keg Returns process is good too and money credited within a few days... Range of beers and bundles growing all the time... Long may it last...

• Advertisement

My machine arrived this week from Beer Hawk through parcel motel.

I ordered 3 kegs from The Beer Gals and they were delivered the next day, a really good service.

Have my first keg chilling now, Fransiskaner and I also got a keg of Stella and Spaten, I never tried Spaten beer before but said I would give it a go.

Looking forward to trying my first pint tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I never tried Spaten beer before but said I would give it a go.
    It's under €2 a bottle in Aldi. BeerGals has it at €37.50 net for 6L, so €3.12 per bottle equivalent*. It's a heck of a mark-up for a mass market German lager, much as I love the stuff.

*As long as you've ordered an additional 12 litres of beer with it, and returned your keg to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

tinner777 wrote: »
    got the stella bundle yesterday, oversized, so had to pick it up from the depot.

Ordered the same bundle Monday just gone. Fingers crossed it makes it across. I went with addresspal and the home delivery which is costing me €13.49. 3 to 4 business days from Thursday they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

Ordered the same bundle Monday just gone. Fingers crossed it makes it across. I went with addresspal and the home delivery which is costing me €13.49. 3 to 4 business days from Thursday they said.

Can I ask how much are the kegs?

snowgal wrote: »
    Can I ask how much are the kegs?

The unit and 1 keg of Stella cost me €265 that also included glasses and other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

I know it's expensive but… the pints are savage through it

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

If you are drinking some of the Belgian beers on the Perfect Draft it can actually work out cheaper.

For example the Triple Karmeliet is around €3.45 for a 330 ml bottle which if my maths is correct translates to €62.73 for 6 litres but the keg for the perfect draft is €53.95 with the Beer Gals. Take off your fiver keg deposit and that brings it down to €48.95.

I know not everyone wants to drink Triple Belgian beers but if you do its a great system and the beer tastes phenomenal out of it. Also I don't have to be schlepping around about 18 x 330ml bottles when I can get a single 6L keg.

Hope that helps if anyone is thinking about the Perfect Draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Would this system be good for party's etc?

If I had one or two legs chilling in the fridge, and put them in the perfect draft, would I be waiting a long time for the beer to be ready to be poured?

Also, is there much wastage? And how many pints would one expect from a keg? Ta... Would love one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The Beergals look overpriced with the system alone being 299 euro vs 199 stg which is 224 euro.

Would be interested in this system for homebrewing. There are tutorials online on how to sterilise and reuse the kegs with homebrewed beer.

Edit: Some of the Beergals starter bundles don't look too bad in terms of value. <Machine would work out at about 250 with this one:

https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/perfectdraft-bundles/products/goose-bundle-ipa-midway

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bluebird1

Hi ... Has anyone tried the Beerhawk and AddressPal route for 2 kegs, which is within AddresPals requirements. I've heard that they, and Parcel Wizard and possibly Parcel Motel won't accept such alcohol consignments.

Any experience of these scenarios would be a great help.

• Advertisement

bluebird1 wrote: »
    Hi ... Has anyone tried the Beerhawk and AddressPal route for 2 kegs, which is within AddresPals requirements. I've heard that they, and Parcel Wizard and possibly Parcel Motel won't accept such alcohol consignments.

Any experience of these scenarios would be a great help.

I used addresspal for the Stella bundle. Was the machine and 1 keg only. That bundle came in one box. Got delivered to my front door no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eugers1

I tried to get the Stella bundle delivered from beerhawk back in July but AddressPal refused to deliver it because of the keg. Had some hassle to get the refund from beerhawk but did get it eventually.Have been using beergals for kegs and they are excellent. Customer service brilliant. Maybe a few quid more than beerhawk but worth it for the no hassle service.

I am loving my Perfect Draft machine the beer tastes great. 3 of of my mates have picked up a machine since. The service from the Beer Gals is fantastic and the franziskaner keg tastes unreal from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The importation of alcohol into Ireland without a proper license is illegal. Please don’t discuss it on here or do it!

The Gloomster!

Philips machine available in Aldi on 22nd Nov, subject to Govt guidelines. I wonder will they start carrying kegs?

532913.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The likelyhood of a reduction in restrictions by the 22nd is probably nil now as case numbers are staying steady rather than dropping in the last week.

But anyway - with this sort of kit they may sell kegs at the time of the promo but they won't keep them as a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

Even if Aldi do start selling PD kegs I can't see them taking back returns. Maybe they will but with the logistics involved I don't know would it be worth their while?

^^^ Coffee on draft. Hands up who needs it? :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The coffee reference is to the machine you just about see to the right of the photo there; not the Perfect Draft unit!

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    The coffee reference is to the machine you just about see to the right of the photo there; not the Perfect Draft unit!

Well shoot the Editor, you're right! :rolleyes:

Advertisement