Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Draftkings golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Top 10 projected owned players on fantasy national this week for anyone interested.

HV3 23%
    Davis 20%
    Steele 18%
    Redman 17%
    List 16%
    Burns 15%
    Tringale 15%
    Norlander 14%
    Gooch 14%
    Van Rooyen 14%

Seriously weak field, like a Z list of players, still interested though! Says alot when Si Woo Kim is the dearest player!

It's a short course 7100 odd yards, 4 par 5's, par 72. Long hitters favoured, should be a birdie fest, good putters also favoured!

I've decided to stick 20 teams in the $3 and $4 contests.

Varner being the highest owned will be a swerve for me. I have a player pool of 23 players I think for my 20 teams, crazy as it is to have Kim so expensive, he is in great form and has made 8 cuts in a row so I'm going with him in 50% of teams and he's only projecting at 10% ownership so way overweight on him, I've also gone with Steele in 50% of teams , he's on a 6 cut streak himself and a previous 2 time winner of this comp in 2016 and 2017.

I have Dahmen, Burns and Tringale in a decent chunk of teams, and then a smattering of other lower priced players spread around.

Anyone else playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Stuck 5 teams into the $3, not much thought gone into them being honest. Fancy list, mcnealy and dahmen.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Stuck 5 teams into the $3, not much thought gone into them being honest. Fancy list, mcnealy and dahmen.

I hate to say anything as I'd feel bad for talking you out of it and then he played well, but McNealy, I looked at him myself and his stats were just woeful, so it was no thanks.

Last 5 events his stats look like....

SG Total : -4.6
    SG T2G : -6.5
    SG OTT : -0.9
    SG APP : -4
    SG ARG : -1.6
    SG P : + 1.9

Finishing poitions in said events were 40, 61, MC,MC,MC

No doubt he could play well and he's probably due an upturn in form, just thought I'd give you food for thought, but please don't hate me if you drop him and he burns it up!

I hate to say anything as I'd feel bad for talking you out of it and then he played well, but McNealy, I looked at him myself and his stats were just woeful, so it was no thanks.

Last 5 events his stats look like....

SG Total : -4.6
    SG T2G : -6.5
    SG OTT : -0.9
    SG APP : -4
    SG ARG : -1.6
    SG P : + 1.9

Finishing poitions in said events were 40, 61, MC,MC,MC

No doubt he could play well and he's probably due an upturn in form, just thought I'd give you food for thought, but please don't hate me if you drop him and he burns it up!

You missed the barricuda where he finished 7th (obviously a weaker field but still). And you conveniently cut off his 8th place he had before the 3 MCs! At 7.3k in a tournament like this they'll all have questionable form really.

• Advertisement

You missed the barricuda where he finished 7th (obviously a weaker field but still). And you conveniently cut off his 8th place he had before the 3 MCs! At 7.3k in a tournament like this they'll all have questionable form really.

Nothing convenient about it tbh, I wasn't trying to paint a picture to suit a narrative or anything, fantasy national gives stats for last 5, last 10, last 20 etc... I felt last 5 was a fair enough sample size to judge his form off that was all. You said yourself you didn't do much research, I only mentioned it as I had specifically looked up his stats as I was interested in him myself. I know myself lads can miss five cuts in a row and then win the next week, so it can be paralysis by analysis and you're better off doing no research probably! Anyway -3 as we speak, hope he keeps going for you.

Nothing convenient about it tbh, I wasn't trying to paint a picture to suit a narrative or anything, fantasy national gives stats for last 5, last 10, last 20 etc... I felt last 5 was a fair enough sample size to judge his form off that was all. You said yourself you didn't do much research, I only mentioned it as I had specifically looked up his stats as I was interested in him myself. I know myself lads can miss five cuts in a row and then win the next week, so it can be paralysis by analysis and you're better off doing no research probably! Anyway -3 as we speak, hope he keeps going for you.

Ah I was only slagging!

Off topic but can ye spot the NFL contests in the lobby? Doesn't seem to be there for me.

If only there was a cashout option :(

I'm currently projected $2,350, but that will be worthless come Sunday, I'm getting royally screwed by the cutline going to -5.

Have a team with Burns, Higgs, Kim, Dahmen, Hadley all making the cut and doing quite well but the joker of the pack is Chris Baker, he bogeyed the last a par 5 after driving it in the fairway, thing is it happened hours ago and I didn't really mind as I figured -4 was a cert to make the weekend, little did I know:mad:

5/6 will obviously be useless to me.

If only there was a cashout option :(

I'm currently projected $2,350, but that will be worthless come Sunday, I'm getting royally screwed by the cutline going to -5.

Have a team with Burns, Higgs, Kim, Dahmen, Hadley all making the cut and doing quite well but the joker of the pack is Chris Baker, he bogeyed the last a par 5 after driving it in the fairway, thing is it happened hours ago and I didn't really mind as I figured -4 was a cert to make the weekend, little did I know:mad:

5/6 will obviously be useless to me.

That's v.unlucky.

And mcnealy missed the cut by 1 :D

Only 1 of my 5 has 6/6. Have a few teams doing decent at the moment that will fall away with MCs.

That's v.unlucky.

And mcnealy missed the cut by 1 :D

Only 1 of my 5 has 6/6. Have a few teams doing decent at the moment that will fall away with MCs.

Yea, pretty grim alright! I saw McNealy missed the cut alright, well I saw he was on -4 and was praying he would make it in, for my own benefit! You did well to get one team through with 6/6, I didn't manage it out of 20! I look forward to my $ projection, bleeding from where it is down to a slight loss for the week, fine margins!

Looks like approx 3% of teams got a 6/6 through....

https://twitter.com/CutSweats/status/1304736626661302273/photo/1

• Advertisement

Bit disappointed by the layout of this week's contests.

Bit disappointed by the layout of this week's contests.

How so? Looks similar enough to most weeks.

Scheffler and Horsfield both out due to Covid.

I'm struggling to find a plan for this week, the course is meant to be brutal and players are suggesting nobody will be under par. I guess guys that can find alot of fairways will prosper and those good from 75-100 yards after they chop out of the rough too. I'm sure I will muster up 20 teams anyway for the normal $3 and $4 contests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Back this week. Took last 2 wks off.
    Coincided with mods banning me for having the audacity to level criticism at McIlroy!!
    And I will be fading him as always this wk.

Has to be stars and scrubs this wk for me.
    Because I can only see one from DJ, Xander or Reed winning it.
    Stuck trying to figure out other grinders.

How so? Looks similar enough to most weeks.

Scheffler and Horsfield both out due to Covid.

I'm struggling to find a plan for this week, the course is meant to be brutal and players are suggesting nobody will be under par. I guess guys that can find alot of fairways will prosper and those good from 75-100 yards after they chop out of the rough too. I'm sure I will muster up 20 teams anyway for the normal $3 and $4 contests.

Sorry don't think the $10 Milly maker was there when I posted that. Even with the usual crap payout structure for these I still like them. Will prob enter 10-12 teams in that for the week.

Main fancies this week - rahm, Reed, Fitzpatrick, Todd and kaymer.

4 teams this week

All 4 have Rory. Cantlay, Morikowa and Munoz

Little to no research looked into :D

Best of luck all

Cant find the Millimaker in the lobby!
    Could one of you good people send a me a link please?

DJ, XS, Reed, Reavie and still trying to decided on my scrubs

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Cant find the Millimaker in the lobby!
    Could one of you good people send a me a link please?

DJ, XS, Reed, Reavie and still trying to decided on my scrubs

I'm not seeing it, so I guess it's full.

20 teams myself, DJ, Schauffele and Berger would be my main men

20 teams myself, DJ, Schauffele and Berger would be my main men

Looks like its going to be windy on Friday.
    Berger is a good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I want to start doing these. Can anybody guide me towards the correct app for it on iPhone?

If these is no app can you please tell me the correct website please.

Quiet enough last few weeks with some seriously weak fields, don't get me wrong I have been dabbling with not much joy.

I'm finding it very tough to find the right formula to get a nice win in this game! I can't be the only one. I know there is no specific winning formula or else the same lads would be cleaning up every week and some of the Fantasy gurus I follow on Twitter are having mares as much as myself most weeks. I'm beginning to think that the daily contests could be an easier way to win, seems so tough to get 6 lads to have 4 good days, near nigh impossible in fact.

Anyway, strong fields in the US and Europe this week, so I will be sticking a few teams in, anyone else playing lately?

It's more fun to follow in real time but the points for birdies/bogies etc randomise it a bit. I think it's be fairer and more predictive if points were based solely on finishing position (from first all the way to last and maybe minus points for MC).

Have only entered a few teams recently but might Chuck 5 or so in this week. It's a pity the euro tour events are so small but it's understandable given the lack of interest in the US.

ive not played since US Open - Bryson back again this week.

But Ill go with a Wolff rebound & will finally go with English.

DJ, Bubba & Kisner are the one's ive settled for Masters

I think im going to be significantly under budget.
    Not many of the 8k, 9k or 10k are grabbing my attention this week

I'm liking Brooks, Bubba and Xander

I have 20 teams in a $3 $300k GTD

I decided to try and hit a miracle by entering 3 teams in the Milly!

splurged a wee bit, but it's the masters!

Bryson, xander, kokrak, bubba my mains

5 teams on dks and 3 on paddy power

Whats GTD again lads?
    im looking here on DK lobby and its not obvious to me

Bryson, xander, kokrak, bubba my mains

5 teams on dks and 3 on paddy power

3 on Paddy Power? Is that bets or do they have some sort of fantasy that I'm oblivious to?

• Advertisement

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Whats GTD again lads?
    im looking here on DK lobby and its not obvious to me

Guaranteed, is that what you mean?

Advertisement