Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Has anyone experienced trying to get a holiday voucher in return for a lost deposit with Joe Walsh tours?

Anyone? They are ignoring my mails and tweets 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

Apologies if you have covered this already, but why are you looking for a voucher rather than a refund?

Vouchers confuse the picture and make it almost impossible to get a chargeback.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just wondering what is the latest AL changed anyones flight? I've a flight to Paris Friday (it has flown daily), they have a second flight that was put on for the match (I would think, which is now cancelled), so I've moved our tickets to that flight in the hope they cancel it! Anyone know what the latest they've pulled/changed flights have been? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

aslamshaun wrote: »
    I started a chargeback with AIB in the first week of this month (Not related to flights or hotels). They said 40 days were their standard timeframe before COVID. I guess its a waiting time now

BTW, how long is your chargeback going right now?

Initiated a chargeback with AIB on June 29th - so almost 4 months for me. Rang earlier and after a long wait the lady on the phone could give me no update. Said to ring back in a fortnight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Initiated a chargeback with AIB on June 29th - so almost 4 months for me. Rang earlier and after a long wait the lady on the phone could give me no update. Said to ring back in a fortnight.

I have found AIB so poor during this for chargebacks. Have friends with other banks and they are done in a matter of two weeks. Wonder could the financial regulator do anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice please. I booked 2 internal flights with Virgin Australia back in Feb 2020. They were non-refundable flights.

Obviously now due to Covid Australia has closed its borders so it would be impossible to fly with them. We booked our flights to Oz with Singapore Airlines and they refunded us.

Virgin Australia went into voluntary administration and have been taken over but will only offer conditional credits. I'd prefer the money back as who knows when Australia will open their borders. I booked the flights with BOI MasterCard but their terms say you can only apply for chargeback for up to 180 days after you book the flight and we are way past that now

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

Luckily Ryanair changed the flight times for a flight I was not going to be able to attend. I had written the money off long ago but was thankfully able to get a refund as a result.

I was due about €350, however, received a notification from PayPal (who I paid with) today to say that Ryanair have issued a refund of just €14!

I presume this is the cost of seats or something similar, so I’m just wondering if Ryanair are processing different costs (e.g seats, flights, bags) separately or if they may have made on error on this?

Thank you.
    Did you book everything at the same time? Or book seats separately?
    I got the full amount back as one payment, (flights, bags and seats). I paid for everything at same time.
    I wonder is the 14 euro a refund of the tax and you were charged for the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Did you book everything at the same time? Or book seats separately?
    I got the full amount back as one payment, (flights, bags and seats). I paid for everything at same time.
    I wonder is the 14 euro a refund of the tax and you were charged for the flights.

Thanks Gerard.

Shortly after posting I realised the error was on my part. I had purchased a flight change via PayPal at the beginning of the pandemic but had paid the initial flight fee via my card.

Got an email from Ryanair last night to say they were refunding the balance to my card so all is well and in order. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aslamshaun

Oh, so I'm guessing it'll be atleast Feb/March 2021 when they start the chargeback process for me.

Another question, can they reject the chargrback request at that time saying it's well over 120 days protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Anyone else still waiting on a refund from Ryanair for August flights? Our return flights to Lanzarote on the 4th and 8th of August were cancelled, requested a refund and still nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

gypsylee wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on a refund from Ryanair for August flights? Our return flights to Lanzarote on the 4th and 8th of August were cancelled, requested a refund and still nothing.

Not August but I had Tenerife for September '20 booked since Feb, that was cancelled so I changed it (perhaps naively at the time) to Gran Can for Mar 21. That was also cancelled on 16/10/20 when FR cancelled all winter ex Cork. Got offer of voucher on 19/10 rejected it went for cash refund. Got refund to card yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ryanair

Got email offering refund link, open the link, complete details and send, but it goes to a broken page. So annoying.

Can I apply for the refund via their refunds page?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ryanair

Got email offering refund link, open the link, complete details and send, but it goes to a broken page. So annoying.

Can I apply for the refund via their refunds page?

This may work

https://onlineform.ryanair.com/ie/en/cash-refund

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭pgj2015

was supposed to be flying with ryan air april 2020, they cancelled the flight in march, still havent got a refund from them, is this normal? i rejected they travel voucher a couple of times and said i wanted a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

pgj2015 wrote: »
    was supposed to be flying with ryan air april 2020, they cancelled the flight in march, still havent got a refund from them, is this normal? i rejected they travel voucher a couple of times and said i wanted a refund.

You better chase them up. I had flights for July cancelled in early May, got refund in August.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    You better chase them up. I had flights for July cancelled in early May, got refund in August.

will do. last time I will fly with those cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Same here but booking ref no longer exists, when I fill in the refund details I get this message

'Your request has been sent
    Unfortunately the information entered does not match the information provided at the time of booking.'

When I try ringing them, I'm holding on for hours to no avail

Orchids wrote: »
    Same here but booking ref no longer exists, when I fill in the refund details I get this message

'Your request has been sent
    Unfortunately the information entered does not match the information provided at the time of booking.'

When I try ringing them, I'm holding on for hours to no avail

I had that with a different booking to the one I mentioned above. I’d accepted a voucher and later used it for a new booking. That second booking was then cancelled. When I tried for refund it said “as your booking was paid for with a voucher that voucher has been reissued”. Tried for refund using the later cancelled booking and got same message. Went back and used the booking ref from the old booking and it accepted that and said was in a queue for refund. That only went in lately so still waiting on that.

It seems booking refs and emails are very specific ( I’d changed email since the old booking and even though MyRyanair has new email had to put in old email and old booking ref for it to accept it )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I have a cancelled Ryanair flight that was part paid using a Gift Card/Voucher.

In September 2020 this part of the payment was refunded with a new Gift Card/Voucher. It has an expiry date of January 2021 on it. Then I got an email saying it had an expiry date of March 2021 on it. I recently got an email saying it had an expiry date of October 2021 on it.

All seem active. I have absolutely no idea what is the correct date. I contacted them about it and they have just ignored my correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Applied for a refund with Ryanair on a return flight which had been rescheduled. The total price was €203.94. I got an email today saying

"Dear Customer,

We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account.

The amount refunded to your credit/debit card/method of payment is EUR 11.61

Please note the travel voucher issued has been voided and can no longer be used"

Does anyone know why I haven't been refudned the full amount. And what can I do now?

EDIT:
    Managed to get through to Ryanair Chat, and apparently, because i'd booked using a voucher I'd gotten from an earlier cancelled flight, I'd only be refunded the difference I paid in cash for the earlier flight, and my earlier voucher would be reinstated.
    The problem is the earlier voucher only had a years validity and now expires in April.
    Surely They need to honour the voucher for at least a year from now?

• Advertisement

gypsylee wrote: »

Still waiting on refunds for flights cancelled in June, given the voucher but rejected it.

I again rejected the travel voucher and requested a refund, no reply, this was 2 days ago.

I again rejected the travel voucher..........

You can only reject the voucher once iirc .......... after that there's a message along the lines of "you've already done this"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I thought vouchers have to have expiry dates of at least 5 yrs or expiry was outlawed?

Augeo wrote: »
    You can only reject the voucher once iirc .......... after that there's a message along the lines of "you've already done this"

no, i didnt get that message. must try the chat feature if i dont get any response within a week or two.

I thought vouchers have to have expiry dates of at least 5 yrs or expiry was outlawed?

The ryanair voucher turns into a refund if not used within 12 months.

The 5 year thing is for purchased gift vouchers etc

Anyone any luck yet with an AIB chargeback at all?

Stratvs wrote: »
    Not August but I had Tenerife for September '20 booked since Feb, that was cancelled so I changed it (perhaps naively at the time) to Gran Can for Mar 21. That was also cancelled on 16/10/20 when FR cancelled all winter ex Cork. Got offer of voucher on 19/10 rejected it went for cash refund. Got refund to card yesterday.

Just as a follow on to above, had another cancellation which went in for cash refund claim on 28/10/20. Got Paypal notification of refund last Monday & refund to card today. Both cases took under 2 weeks from claim to cash back. Had expected a lot of hassle from what I've seen so was very surprised.

ryan air cancelled my april 2020 flight in march, said they would refund me, then they kept offering me travel vouchers which I rejected a few times. they haven't contacted me in months. anyone else waiting this long for a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Airlines are required to refund people for cancelled flights within a week of the cancellation.

The EU, because of the pandemic allowed this time to be extended.

We are now eight months in to this pandemic and both Ryanair and Aer lingus have not refunded some people for flights cancelled las March/April.

Is eight months not enough time for them to do this?

They are taking the piss.

Time for the EU to step back in again and call time. Give them a further month, then start imposing fines.

Advertisement