Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HalloWalrus - Necro's House of Horrors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also you arrive late to 19 points, not to shabby. All down hill now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So let’s get cracking shall we? Same format as before, keeping the top/bottom 3 in some suspense :)

No duplicates, and every single track was great in this round!!

Which made it tough to rank them in such a short timeframe:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Necro wrote: »
    In 18th Place with 2 points….
    $hifty

Apheks Twins - Rubber Johnny

Have I heard of this song: No

Ah FFS, this sort of sh1t gives me the heebie jeebies… unfortunately I have to place it last though. It fits the bill as terrifying – but I can’t in good faith consider it a song. Thank you for this though… I’m never sleeping again am I?

Ah, good old weird Aphex!!!

So let’s get cracking shall we? Same format as before, keeping the top/bottom 3 in some suspense :)

No duplicates, and every single track was great in this round!!

Which made it tough to rank them in such a short timeframe:(
    This is a big effort Necro. Much appreciated

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 16th place with 4 points…
    tusk

Witchy Woman - The Eagles

Have I heard of this song: Yes

Someone REAAAAALLLLLLYYYY likes The Eagles :D This was entered in my previous Walrus and did ok, sadly this time the quality of the tracks above just pushes it down a bit. Not a bad entry by any means mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

In 16th place with 4 points…
    tusk

Witchy Woman - The Eagles

Someone REAAAAALLLLLLYYYY likes The Eagles :D This was entered in my previous Walrus and did ok, sadly this time the quality of the tracks above just pushes it down a bit. Not a bad entry by any means mind.

Stupid walrus anyway

In 15th place – with 5 points….
    Irish Aris

The Cramps-Creature from the Black Leather Lagoon

I didn’t dislike this song, I really enjoyed it in fact. It’s funky and groovy and just amazing. Trouble is, so are all the entries. So we ended up here, but thanks for this. Most of the tracks from this round will likely end up on my faves list on Spotify anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:eek: lucky I changed my mind about submitting this as the song from a horror movie category!

And me, except I was goibg to submit the full version p1 &p2 at 49 mins long:D

In 14th place with 6 points…
    Mustang shelly

Rob Zombie – Dragula

This is the hard part of Walrus when you actually like all the tracks in the category. Again, it’s great – the ones above it did a bit more for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 4th place, with 17 points…
    Also Starring LeVar Burton

Had I heard this song before: NOOOOOOO

Patty Waters - Black Is The Color of My True Love's Hair

Ah lads. This is all sorts of whack-job crazy. Like the song is awful… GOD AWFUL. But it’s absolutely terrifying and it’s 14 minutes long!!!

I mean you take the crazy half attempt at singing by the last lass and remove any ability – what is she doing at around 11 mins in, is she chewing glass?

Oh my God why did I do this to myself.

*Can’t sleep – Patty and Diamanda will eat me*

Still playing catch up, but I'm glad this ranked so highly, I was fully expecting last place. It is pretty terrifying though, so all I wanted was to fit the brief. :D

• Advertisement

In 14th place with 6 points…
    Mustang shelly

Rob Zombie – Dragula

This is the hard part of Walrus when you actually like all the tracks in the category. Again, it’s great – the ones above it did a bit more for me though.

Love Rob Zombie. Big fan of this track

In 13th Place with 7 points:
    Reberetta

Marilyn Manson - You and Me and The Devil Makes Three

I must admit, the more I hear of Manson the more I like – I know his mainstream tracks but haven’t delved into his back catalogue much at all if I’m honest. This might just be the push I need because this track is great.

In 12th place, with 8 points:
    ShaneU

The Killers - Miss Atomic Bomb

I love the Killers and make no apologies for it. Not sure it’s Halloweeny to the max though so it drops a few places as a result.

In 11th place with 9 points:
    JohnGreenFan

Feed my Frankenstein - Alice Cooper

I do like me some Alice Cooper, his voice just appeals to me. Poison is one of my fave tracks of the 80s, as evidenced above in my selection of tracks. This is great and in a similar vein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In 11th place with 9 points:
    JohnGreenFan

Feed my Frankenstein - Alice Cooper

I do like me some Alice Cooper, his voice just appeals to me. Poison is one of my fave tracks of the 80s, as evidenced above in my selection of tracks. This is great and in a similar vein.

this actually was on my short list, great song!!

In 10th Place with 10 points:
    Rikand

Deadmau5 - Ghosts and Stuff

Gotta admit this was a nice break from the norm in this round. Really enjoyed it.

In 9th place with 11 points…
    JP Liz V1

Demons - Imagine Dragons

Great track by a great band, really like Imagine Dragons. Good choice.

In 8th place with 12 points
    MicksJaguar

Radiohead - Creep

Hard to argue with this entry for this round tbf, I’m very familiar with it and it’s one of the few Radiohead tracks I can tolerate on repeat listens. Nice choice.

In 7th place with 13 points:
    The purple tin

Clutch: Gnome Enthusiast

I just loved jamming (air guitar only of course :P ) along with the riff of this track. Very very enjoyable. Gnomes are *sorta* Halloweeny amirite :pac:

In 6th place with 14 points
    Homer J. Fong

Siobhan Donaghy – Ghosts

The first time I played this track and listened to the opening I think I was still scarred from Round 1 as it was placed much lower (bottom 3 lower), but do you know what – I was very wrong, and repeated listens just have me loving it.

This is fun, easy listening and the hook is infectious. Great choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 7th place with 13 points:
    The purple tin

Clutch: Gnome Enthusiast

I just loved jamming (air guitar only of course :P ) along with the riff of this track. Very very enjoyable. Gnomes are *sorta* Halloweeny amirite :pac:
    Correct Necs, and terrifying, the only thing scarier is someone who collects them and has dozens in their garden :eek:

In 5th Place with 15 points:
    Electric Nitwit

Vampire Smile - Kyla la Grange

Top quality entry this, right on point with the title too. Enjoyed this more than I expected to as well, just love her voice. My only complaint is that it’s too short, which is no complaint at all. On point with the theme of the round too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Whoo-hoo :pac:

She was 19 when she wrote that. Makes me sick when people are that talented :p
    Her debut album, Ashes, is brilliant. She never made it though, sadly

I once went to a gig of hers where I was the only paying punter :o

In 4th Place with 16 points:
    Beakerjoe

Muse - Psycho

Have I heard of this song: Sort of – didn’t know the name

I’m actually on a bit of a Muse binge currently and just am soaking up everything they released, so this is a case of right place and right time. Enjoyed this track immensely and it’s right on theme.

And that takes us to our final 6 again… Nervous times ahead for
    Kolido
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    $hifty
    S1ippy
    Trigger
    Sawduck

In 17th place with 3 points:
    $hifty

The Highwaymen - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky

This feels incredibly harsh because I absolutely adore this track, but I just felt the new music I was introduced to in this round deserved higher placing. It’s bloody great though. Yippeee Hai OOOO

In 3rd place with 17 points:
    Trigger

Superblood Wolfmoon - Pearl Jam

Since I had Dance of the Clairvoyants in my songs above you’d figure entering Pearl Jam is an auto-winner, but I’m actually not terribly familiar with them. This is great though, and what a track name – easily the best in the round.

In 18th Place with 2 points:
    S1ippy

Everyone Dies - Parsonsfield

This is another track I really really liked but unfortunately found itself below other top quality choons. Good choice and apologies about the placing because I really enjoyed this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

In 6th place with 15 points….
    Homer J. Fong

Nico - Mutterlein

This is the start of it. Hooo boy the voice here freaked me out at 3am when I couldn’t sleep.... and then I had no sleep at all after listening to it :pac:

It’s a clever choice. Absolutely not what I would ever normally listen to – but it captured the essence of what I was after for this particular round.

Cro. This is exactly an example of the voice is just an instrument. The music and voice work together to create a beautiful "feel".

I know I'll eventually get you to understand.

I personally love the clash of notes

• Advertisement

In 2nd Place with 18 points:
    Sawduck

Rusty Cage - The Hearse Song

Have I heard of this song: I think so…

This is my kinda thing, I love this type of comedy song. It’s easy to follow, and is just so enjoyable. And so on theme for the night that’s in it. Great choice.

Advertisement