Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HalloWalrus - Necro's House of Horrors

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 15th place with 6 points:
    MicksJaguar

Flight of The Conchords - Petrov, Velyena and Me

Had I heard this song before: No

This isn’t too bad tbf. It’s just not remotely terrifying. Nice choice mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 14th place with 7 points

JohnGreenFan

22 Going on 23: Butthole Surfers

This is weird f***ed up sh1t for sure. Not terribly scary, but definitely weird AF.

A story about canabilism and murder suicide with a living head. At the end is not terrifying wow. Yiu are so desensitised man :P

That version you posted is too quick I prefer the slower one sounds nicer

But I'll take 6 points

A story about canabilism and murder suicide with a living head. At the end is not terrifying wow. Yiu are so desensitised man :P

I listened to the longer version on spotify :D

And... yeah you ain't seen nuffin yet :pac:

In 13th, with 8 points…
    Electric Nitwit

Evil Dildo - Placebo

Have I heard of this song: No

Definitely an eerie feeling in the build up to this one. I just felt it dragged a bit in the middle and while it was ok, it didn’t terrify me – or really pique my interest massively if I’m honest. The title though.. yep that's pretty terrifying!!!

• Advertisement

In 12th place with 9 points…

ShaneU

Demon's Souls OST - Demon's Soul

Have I heard of this song: Yes-ish

I enjoy a lot of video game soundtrack stuff. This is definitely what I’m looking for. Maybe not scary per se but definitely… ominous. Nice choice

In 11th Place, picking up 10 points… and way before the watershed :eek:

Rikand

Slayer - Repentless

NSFW NSFW

NSFW NSFW

Interesting, I expected much more heavy metal and stuff but I don’t mind me some Slayer. This is just a good track – video is a bit dodgy surely but as it doesn’t really “scare” me I think here is about right.

In 10th Place with 11 points

Trigger

Careful with that Axe, Eugene - Pink Floyd

This is one of PF’s that I can get behind. The screaming in the track adds to make a sinister atmosphere. The first two minutes or so are a bit meh, then when it properly kicks off from there it’s very enjoyable.

In 9th Place with 12 points

s1ippy

The Rake’s Song – Decemberists

The story the entrant told me in their PM actually gave me a lot of high hopes for this song. And it’s a great track – just didn’t scare me like I expected it to.

Necro wrote: »
    I listened to the longer version on spotify :D

And... yeah you ain't seen nuffin yet :pac:

O I was just joking dude it's not scary in the slightest :)

• Advertisement

Next up in 8th Place, with 13 points…
    Sawduck

Nox Arcana - Hidden Horrors

Now we are getting somewhere, this sets a real sombre atmosphere throughout and I really just enjoyed it. Try listening to that in the pitch black of night with a Ouija board in front of you… *shudders*

Errr... not that I did that or anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 13th, with 8 points…
    Electric Nitwit

Evil Dildo - Placebo
    Probably needs the context to be scary...

"Those are actual death threats left on my ansaphone. The exact words were, 'I will f*** you up the ass and I will sneak into your room and cut your cock off and stuff it in my mouth and chew it up with my little teeth.'" He smiles, strangely.
    "And there was another one, from a bloke, saying 'Motherf***ker, I'm after you.' He called back to say, 'I know where you live.'"

In 7th place with 14 points…
    Mustang shelly

Type O Negative - Wolf Moon

The voice here… shivers. Again I tried to capture the atmosphere for these songs as much as was humanly possible and this is a great choice. The top songs though are just… yeah they’re just out there on their own.

In 6th place with 15 points….
    Homer J. Fong

Nico - Mutterlein

This is the start of it. Hooo boy the voice here freaked me out at 3am when I couldn’t sleep.... and then I had no sleep at all after listening to it :pac:

It’s a clever choice. Absolutely not what I would ever normally listen to – but it captured the essence of what I was after for this particular round.

In 5th place with 16 points…
    Irish Aris

Diamanda Galas-I Put A Spell On You

Had I heard this song before: NO!

Sweet mother of JAYSUS DIVINE – the banshee warbling in this track is enough to give someone permanent mental damage.

It’s awful. But it’s terrifying, and that was the point of this round – so well done. Now let us never speak of this again. :D

And now we pause whilst we let our remaining SEVEN sweat it out :P The joint entry is in here somewhere…. And those remaining are….
    Tusk
    LeVar
    The purple tin
    Kolido
    $hifty
    Beakerjoe
    JP Liz V1

In 16th place with 4 points;
    JP Liz V1

tubular bells part 1 - mike oldfield

Had I heard this song before: Yes

Not a fan of this theme. Just drags on way way too long, I don’t get any atmosphere from them. Maybe it’s cos I never found the Exorcist remotely scary, I dunno, I’m not a doctor. Anyways this was where they ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Fair play Necro for putting yourself through this.
    Have to say some great songs - although not ones that I would be inclined to listen to regularly.
    And 2 great discoveries in Nox Arcana and Nico - I like Nico's voice, didn't know this song and like the German lyrics.

In 4th place, with 17 points…
    Also Starring LeVar Burton

Had I heard this song before: NOOOOOOO

Patty Waters - Black Is The Color of My True Love's Hair

Ah lads. This is all sorts of whack-job crazy. Like the song is awful… GOD AWFUL. But it’s absolutely terrifying and it’s 14 minutes long!!!

I mean you take the crazy half attempt at singing by the last lass and remove any ability – what is she doing at around 11 mins in, is she chewing glass?

Oh my God why did I do this to myself.

*Can’t sleep – Patty and Diamanda will eat me*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In 16th place with 4 points;
    JP Liz V1

tubular bells part 1 - mike oldfield

Not a fan of this theme. Just drags on way way too long, I don’t get any atmosphere from them. Maybe it’s cos I never found the Exorcist remotely scary, I dunno, I’m not a doctor. Anyways this was where they ended up.

:eek: lucky I changed my mind about submitting this as the song from a horror movie category!

• Advertisement

In 17th place with 3 points….
    tusk

Exorcist Theme Dubstep Remix

Have I heard of this song: Yes (The Original anyhap)

I’m not sure if this is the EXACT one that was sent to me (that’s on the spotify playlist) but it’s pretty much the same.

See this would place highly if I actually disliked dubstep and found it a terrifying concept of the modern age, but sadly – I don’t mind it. Way too much of the bells for me though in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

In 17th place with 3 points….
    tusk

Exorcist Theme Dubstep Remix

Have I heard of this song: Yes (The Original anyhap)

I’m not sure if this is the EXACT one that was sent to me (that’s on the spotify playlist) but it’s pretty much the same.

See this would place highly if I actually disliked dubstep and found it a terrifying concept of the modern age, but sadly – I don’t mind it. Way too much of the bells for me though in this round.
    Feck I thought you hated dubstep

In 3rd place with 18 points…
    the purple tin

Little Jimmy Osmond: Long Haired lover From Liverpool

I’m not sure what’s more disturbing, the young lad singing these type of lyrics or his voice. I’m gonna go with the… lyrics? It’s a horribly infectious little ear-worm too though. Truly frightening how a song can actually do both at once!

In 18th Place with 2 points….
    $hifty

Apheks Twins - Rubber Johnny

Ah FFS, this sort of sh1t gives me the heebie jeebies… unfortunately I have to place it last though. It fits the bill as terrifying – but I can’t in good faith consider it a song. Thank you for this though… I’m never sleeping again am I?

In JOINT 1st Place with 19 points…
    Kolido

AND

beakerjoe

Eminem - Kim

Have I heard this song: Yes

Ok so we had our fun but this track is truly disturbing, to the point I’m stunned it was ever made.
    I remember listening to it way back on the Marshall Mathers LP but it didn’t really hit home with me as I was a young fella.

Now however, it’s incredibly uncomfortable. Normally I wouldn’t reward it but honestly, despite all the caterwauling and weird alien things this track kind of stuck with me the most.

The last 2 minutes in particular… it’s just so so dark.

The fact these thoughts even ran through his head like… I’m going for a shower to wash the filth off.

So that's that out of the way... And we never spoke of it again :D

Scores after Round 1:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Total
    Electric Nitwit 8 8
    the purple tin 18 18
    s1ippy 12 12
    $hifty 2 2
    tusk 3 3
    Irish Aris 16 16
    Kolido 19 19
    Homer J. Fong 15 15
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 17 17
    Shane U 9 9
    Sawduck 13 13
    Reberetta 5 5
    mustang shelly 14 14
    Rikand 10 10
    Trigger 11 11
    MicksJaguar 6 6
    JP Liz V1 4 4
    beakerjoe 19 19
    JohnGreenFan 7 7

Kolido and beaker have the early lead however there are two rounds to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 3rd place with 18 points…
    the purple tin

Little Jimmy Osmond: Long Haired lover From Liverpool
    That's a great call, creepy as!

In 18th Place with 2 points….
    $hifty

Apheks Twins - Rubber Johnny

Ah FFS, this sort of sh1t gives me the heebie jeebies… unfortunately I have to place it last though. It fits the bill as terrifying – but I can’t in good faith consider it a song
    Ooh, referee! That's a terribly harsh call!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I have an eerie feeling there's more of the same out there...

So now we have that erm… round out of the way – we never spoke of it again. And we moved onto the proper music part :pac:

Good news! All the songs in this round were great!!

Some stuff I’d have on my mind for this round…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In JOINT 1st Place with 19 points…
    Kolido

AND

beakerjoe

Eminem - Kim

Have I heard this song: Yes

Ok so we had our fun but this track is truly disturbing, to the point I’m stunned it was ever made.
    I remember listening to it way back on the Marshall Mathers LP but it didn’t really hit home with me as I was a young fella.

Now however, it’s incredibly uncomfortable. Normally I wouldn’t reward it but honestly, despite all the caterwauling and weird alien things this track kind of stuck with me the most.

The last 2 minutes in particular… it’s just so so dark.

The fact these thoughts even ran through his head like… I’m going for a shower to wash the filth off.

It defo didnt hot home with me as a wee lad either, thought it was funny as a 15 year old.

Present day beakerjoe is disturbed by it. Hed have no career if this was released now

Advertisement