Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Just calling it like it is, dude. Bit of an outrage orgy in this thread so far. Lads getting excited over the idea that Leo is in trouble. Nah. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

How dare you presume my gender

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How dare you presume my gender

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Allegedly the reports in Village magazine state that there is a direct text message from Leo Varadkar to Matt O'Tuathail asking him for his address. O'Tuathail then boasts of receiving confidential government document with Varadkar's handwriting on the cover.

OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT 1963:
    SECTION 4(1)
    "4.—(1) A person shall not communicate any official information to any other person unless he is duly authorised to do so or does so in the course of and in accordance with his duties as the holder of a public office or when it is his duty in the interest of the State to communicate it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The villager is a total rag of a publication. Hilarious that anyone takes this seriously. They haven't even pit a journalists name beside it.

Ridiculous. Storm in a teacup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Uhhh we've got a bad ass here!!!

At least he is kind enough to put his IQ in his username, to warn the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

The villager is a total rag of a publication. Hilarious that anyone takes this seriously. They haven't even pit a journalists name beside it.

If you keep repeating it, it doesn't make it any more true. Even if many others seem to echo your concerns!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    At least he is kind enough to put his IQ in his username, to warn the rest of us.
    It's actually my penis length, in inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Oh I'd say you have the jocks down and ready for a serious session now Johnny. That's the weekend sorted. Hasn't been this level of excitement since Maria fell off a swing.

They called you in Pints? Thats how you know this will run and run.....
    No actual comment on the story just the insults, good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

s1ippy wrote: »
    You're deluded.

No my friend. I'm not. Watch this one fizzle out. Nothing to see here folks. Just a load of manufactured outrage over a a load of nonsense.

The shinners will try and run with it, but no one gives a sh1te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No my friend. I'm not. Watch this one fizzle out. Nothing to see here folks. Just a load of manufactured outrage over a a load of nonsense.

There’s a lot of anger out there, Paddy. Worrying stuff. Twitter should come with a health warning for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Risteard81 wrote: »
    It's actually my penis length, in inches.

I knew you were a massive dick from your posting history already.

They have.
    The journalists name is Michael Smith.
    So you clearly haven't read the article and are not interested in its contents because you have your tongue so far up Leo's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,764 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I appreciate the reassurance, Ms. McEnany.

It's always amusing that the same 2/3 posters rapidly appear at the same time whenever FG or one of their members get themselves into bother, and always immediately with the "nothing to see here" mantra while the story itself is still breaking.

Leo's statement later and the reactions/response will tell if there's something to it, but it certainly doesn't look good for him on the face of it, and it would be a foolish publication to come out with a story like this about the former (and future) Taoiseach with nothing to substantiate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The village? Never liked the place. Twas far better when it was the Mean Fiddler.
    Don't ever recall seeing Leo there but I guess Kylie never played it.

Don't get me started on how bad Opium is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

If the story was about a Shinner, the FG flunkies on here would have The Village on par with the Washington Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They have.
    The journalists name is Michael Smith.
    So you clearly haven't read the article and are not interested in its contents because you have your tongue so far up Leo's arse.

Michael Smith is also a lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Your beginning to sound like a demented Alan Rickman in Bob Roberts with every post.

Calm down and see what see what Leo has to say later in the day

• Wombatman wrote: »
    If the story was about a Shinner, the FG flunkies on here would have The Village on par with the Washington Post.

They'd have been down to the nearest shop at the crack of dawn for a copy and have it framed on the mantelpiece.

Didn't know what to make of all this when it first came out last night, thought it was just a mountain being made out of a molehill to be honest but given all the details slowly being filled in since then, it looks bad, very bad. Being accused of breaking the Official Secrets Act and by extension the Corruption Act is not a good look.

There is no amount of "But what about Sinn Fein!?" or "Conspiracy theory fake news!" that can cover for this or shake it off. I see JingleJangle and Pintman are already manning the defences for FG HQ but it's beyond laughable at this stage. Varadkar has form for making stupid and reckless decisions and believing he would do something like this does not take a serious stretch of the imagination. However thinking this is all a conspiracy theory takes a lot more naivety and arrogance to believe than simply believing he would do something like this.

I've said it more than a few times in the last few years but FG made a massive mistake picking Varadkar over Coveney. The party membership voted 2 to 1 in favour of Coveney for exactly this reason. Leo was too arrogant and slick in the eyes of the rank and file. Leo Ahern was a jibe that kept getting thrown around back in 2016/17 because of his media appearances. Always thought that jibe was a bit childish but Leo's performance over the last 3 years has been a mess that can only be compared to Bertie or Haughey.

FG will survive this, but if this turns out to be true then Leo will go. He'll have no choice. I've a feeling if there was to be another leadership contest between himself and Coveney right now it wouldn't even be close for Leo. Sinn Fein being the largest party by vote count last GE should have been the wake up call for FG and to some extent FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ok, so I can understand how they got the screenshots of the group chat, if Bowes was in the group.

But how did they get a screenshot of Maitiú Ó Tuathail‘s phone - taken on the day Varadkar asked for his address?

Ok, so I can understand how they got the screenshots of the group chat, if Bowes was in the group.

But how did they get a screenshot of Maitiú Ó Tuathail‘s phone - taken on the day Varadkar asked for his address?

Ó Tuathail apparently posted a pic of his own phone to Chay Bowes - the whistleblower.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Risteard81 wrote: »
    It's really not. I've stated it multiple times about that subhuman.

Mod

Stay out of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You made a similar prediction about Maria Bailey, how did that work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,764 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My read of it was he sent it as proof of his connection to Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ó Tuathail apparently posted a pic of his own phone to Chay Bowes - the whistleblower.

Those damn whistleblowers no wonder they are not liked and the state tries to destroy them every chance they get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The believe the thinking is that O Tuathail sent the screen shot to Bowes to back up validity of the document

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement