Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Purist98

What's the story with Sean French and Wren? Either in contention for game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/28/squad-update-munster-prepare-to-face-dragons/

We're in very big trouble at LH. No timeline given for LOC either. We're down to Cronin in the seniors with Wycherley and French from the academy.

Goggin is absolutely luckless and it's rotten timing as he would have been the choice at 13 with Farrell away.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/29/greencore-munster-rugby-academy-update-october-2020/

French is also injured... We may need to bring in someone on a short term contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/29/greencore-munster-rugby-academy-update-october-2020/

French is also injured... We may need to bring in someone on a short term contract

you have two looseheads available to you.. join the club

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

At this stage we almost have to, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

https://mobile.twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1321738549062889472

Rassie's remarks about our national side. Less than complimentary. A bit **** really considering he spent so much time with a good few of the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rassie's remarks about our national side. Less than complimentary. A bit **** really considering he spent so much time with a good few of the lads.

has to inspire his team to front up before a world cup semi final

I'm sure a lot worse has been said on dressing rooms every day around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster thread but he didn't get it far wrong, we've failed to get past the QF stage of successive World Cups, England beat us up in the last two 6Ns games

I think you're just looking to be insulted rather than understanding what Rassie was trying to do for his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

He was right though, Ireland had folded multiple times that year when Wales didnt - namely the 33-30 defeat in twickenham to England when they kept playing for the 80 when Ireland just got blown away

phog wrote: »
    Munster thread but he didn't get it far wrong, we've failed to get past the QF stage of successive World Cups, England beat us up in the last two 6Ns games

I think you're just looking to be insulted rather than understanding what Rassie was trying to do for his team.

I'm not looking to be insulted and I can appreciate the setting in which he made the comments. Having said that I think the remarks were cheap enough given his relationship to a good few of the players. Personally I'm not a fan of the man and wouldn't hold him in too high a regard. Anyway I thought the remarks were revealing, that's why I posted them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I'm not looking to be insulted and I can appreciate the setting in which he made the comments. Having said that I think the remarks were cheap enough given his relationship to a good few of the players. Personally I'm not a fan of the man and wouldn't hold him in too high a regard. Anyway I thought the remarks were revealing, that's why I posted them here.
    Why do you think so little of him?

I wouldnt call the remarks cheap at all. Direct, honest and fair amount of truth in the remarks.

• Advertisement

Why do you think so little of him?

I wouldnt call the remarks cheap at all. Direct, honest and fair amount of truth in the remarks.

The manner in which he left soured my opinion of him. I have no problem with someone aspiring to represent or coach their country but he came out with a constant stream of bull**** in that time. Then he did his best to strip our coaching staff. Plus he recommended JvG which, going by conversations I've had with a number of SA fans, was fairly self serving. All told I find Erasmus to be completely disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

i think he’s nice

The manner in which he left soured my opinion of him. I have no problem with someone aspiring to represent or coach their country but he came out with a constant stream of bull**** in that time. Then he did his best to strip our coaching staff. Plus he recommended JvG which, going by conversations I've had with a number of SA fans, was fairly self serving. All told I find Erasmus to be completely disingenuous.
    Meh. Anyone would do the same in the same position and dont think it can be seen as an issue IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

Why here? There is an Irish thread, he made his comments about the Irish team.

Would like to see the likes of Daly, Knox and O'Sullivan get a run this weekend

Team isn't named until tomorrow

very odd

bayern wrote: »
    very odd

Not really. Everything is a day later thanks to the Monday game. The captain's run is Saturday morning before they fly out to Wales.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/27/this-week-at-munster-rugby-2/#post

Not really. Everything is a day later thanks to the Monday game. The captain's run is Saturday morning before they fly out to Wales.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/27/this-week-at-munster-rugby-2/#post

Last season if a province was playing on Sunday.. the team was named on friday

bayern wrote: »
    Last season if a province was playing on Sunday.. the team was named on friday

Yes, but nobody ever played a Monday game beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Daly is with Ireland.

• Advertisement

Munster Rugby can confirm that Ulster Rugby Academy prop Callum Reid will join the province on a six-week loan.
    Reid has been training with the Ulster Rugby senior squad since the start of the season.

James Cronin and Academy man Josh Wycherley, who made his senior Munster debut on Monday night, are the only two loosehead props currently available for selection.

Dave Kilcoyne, Jeremy Loughman, Liam O’Connor and Academy prop James French are all unavailable due to injury.

21-year-old Reid was a Grand Slam winner with the Ireland U20s in 2019 alongside Craig Casey, Jake Flannery, Seán French, John Hodnett, Jonathan Wren and Wycherley.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/10/30/player-news/#post

A necessary move with only two players available. Add in the ever existing possibility of self-isolating at short notice and a third player was definitely required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Caranica wrote: »
    Daly is with Ireland.

I presume he means Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Excited to see what O'Sullivan can do, hope he gets a run too

I presume he means Jack

No I actually meant Shane, Could have sworn I read somewhere that he was released back to Munster around the time of the Italy game, Cant seem to find mention of it now

leakyboots wrote: »
    Excited to see what O'Sullivan can do, hope he gets a run too

I wonder what are Coombes and O'Sullivans best positions

Coombes said he sees himself as an 8, who can play 6 or 2nd Row.

O'Sullivan plays 8 too AFAIK

Anyone who has largely played 8, sees themselves there..

would be interested to see JOS at 7, adding that bow to his string would increase his chances at game time.

No I actually meant Shane, Could have sworn I read somewhere that he was released back to Munster around the time of the Italy game, Cant seem to find mention of it now

Ah there he is training with Ireland during the week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭theVersatile

We obviously didn't sign Murphy so (I'm guessing) - one would've assumed that they would've announced him alongside Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

We obviously didn't sign Murphy so (I'm guessing) - one would've assumed that they would've announced him alongside Reid.

Who do you mean by Murphy?

• Advertisement

Who do you mean by Murphy?
    Ben Murphy, In Leinsters sub academy. Pres Bray now Old Wesley. son irish coach richie murphy
    Was rumoured as signing as sh cover

Advertisement