Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 254 - Khabib v Gaethje

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mMa rETirEmEnTS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Respect to the most dominant fighter in the history of the game .

He won’t be back. Nothing left to prove.

Goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Absolute phenomenon. Going out at the top. 29-0. Will there ever be another fighter as dominant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Khabib has these fights won before they start they are all frightened of their lives for his takedown !
    He has them all beaten mentally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Gaethje looked wrecked after a minute. Very disappointing performance other than the kicks. I know Khabib put pressure on but Gaethje looked out on his feet in the first round.

Khabib looked so dominant on the ground it seemed just a matter of time when he got him down again. He makes people look like mugs as he is so good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Absolute phenomenon. Going out at the top. 29-0. Will there ever be another fighter as dominant?

Hopefully not. He's a boring cnut to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

eagle eye wrote: »
    Dominant performance but the difference in size was very noticeable.
    It was like a lightweight vs big welterweight.

I don't understand how he can get that big in 24 hours.

Like the size advantage was huge.

No different to what McGregor used to do at 145

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only if you don't understand grappling or fights in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mdwexford wrote:
    Respect to the most dominant fighter in the history of the game .
    He's up there but never faced really too class fighters.
    If he'd moved up to welter and won the belt there I'd agree that he's be the goat.

Like he has a huge size advantage at lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Dustin v Conor possibly for the belt so?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

xtal191 wrote:
    No different to what McGregor used to do at 145
    Agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't think he's boring to watch. He's so intense looking, like a Russian bear let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You do realise its mixed martial arts and not a Bruce Lee film?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Dustin v Conor possibly for the belt so?

Would be a disgrace of a decision to make that a title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't think he's boring to watch. He's so intense looking, like a Russian bear let loose.

I really enjoyed his intensity and commitment tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's usually around 7am now... I'm so out of sorts, haven't even started on the cocaine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

1-0 to the Arsenal of about 30 years...Bloody effective though but wouldn’t pay 5 Euros to watch him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

guess Mcgregor will come out of retirement since Khabib isn't fighting anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Now that he has retired you might see all manner of people chancing their arm in that division, maybe even some people coming out of retirement to chance their arm....

• Advertisement

I think McGregor is the only fighter at 155 that can potentially cause him problems.

Nobody else stands a chance. And even McGregors chance would be slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The fact he was outstriking Justin, he could shoot whenever but he doesn't even have to worry about anything in there whereas the opener always has to be weary of the takedown. Justin was hurt and wrecked before the TD so he was done. Just unreal performance.

Three tony fight night be tempting but at this stage, o don't give Tony a chance even i would have favoured him before. He won't go up a weight and now with this promise, he won't be back.

Goddamn he's an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Was Justin panicky the first round throwing haymakers. Khabib is class

walshb wrote: »
    I really enjoyed his intensity and commitment tonight..

I really enjoyed the pressure he put on his opponent from them opening bell, controlled the center of the cage with his jab and had Justin moving backwards the entire fight.

But his transition to mount both rounds was phenomenal. The transition from head and arm triangle to mounted triangle attempted to armbar setup and back to the triangle was grappling at a level that only a handful of people on earth, most of them BJJ world champions, are capable of.

I think McGregor is the only fighter at 155 that can potentially cause him problems.

Nobody else stands a chance. And even McGregors chance would be slim.

He mauled Conor and dropped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Now that he has retired you might see all manner of people chancing their arm in that division, maybe even some people coming out of retirement to chance their arm....

conor will be making a comeback at 155
    I'll put money on that now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Very impressive win.

A busted McGregor gave him more of a fight than any of his recent opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

I love watching him. every round starts on the feet. He's so calm in the chaos. Fighting mcgregor and gaethje isn't easy ....they are mad *****. He just gets it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It seems whatever gameplan justin or anyone else has just goes out the window as soon as khabib comes at them
    There's no way to beat him unless you're as good as wrestler as him and mentally he's bulletproof too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

There's nobody at LW make an interesting fight. Was taking the piss earlier about mma retirements - I genuinely think he's done.

Could only see Usman or GSP (if he's anything left) threatening him and only GSP would be a big enough fight to have a hope of bringing him back. Don't think we'll see him though.

Advertisement