Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovecraft Country [HBO]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

kerplun k wrote: »
    Jeez, I know he was a bad dude, but did he deserve that?

A bit OTT. I hope they move away from all the characters being massive racists. It’s a bit one dimensional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Potatoeman wrote: »
    A bit OTT. I hope they move away from all the characters being massive racists. It’s a bit one dimensional.

I thought he was a bit more rapey than racists myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,960 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A crap "Green Book", but with monsters.
    I don't see the point of watching beyond ep 1.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I thought he was a bit more rapey than racists myself.

He was both, he said some pretty racist things during the interview. It would have made more sense if he did actually raped the girl rather than just groping her. Now it’s the protagonist that escalated her response. Not sure how the audience is suppose to identify with the characters response.

The first episode was good, the racist sherif worked. The second episode was like a season finale, too much going on too fast. The third episode had issues with the neighbours blaring the horns, that is a nightmare for all the neighbours. The fourth had issues where being white gets you free ice cream (really) and ‘I don’t need money because I’m white’. walking into a managers job with no references. How was she getting home drenched in blood? Who was cleaning up the remains after she transformed? So much not explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think this started off well with 2 really strong opening episodes but bit all over the place since. Jumping all over the place with little connection I feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Haven't watched ep5 yet, managed 4 episodes which is one more than I usually manage
    Tic character is lost most of the time, should have dropped him and kept the uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how long more are they going to pretend that his father was his father and his uncle was his uncle?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Episode 6 was the best episode of the series - maybe because
    it was a completely separate story with just a small link to what has been the show so far

Still despair at the show as a whole

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Its a pile of cack ...its all over the shop .I tried to get in to it. But lost the will to live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Finding the storylines quite poor, the cast make really big leaps of intuition when solving problems that feel more like maguffins to keep the plot moving than the characters being that clever, and the monsters are just too conventional, fast, sleek with sharp teeth as opposed to the what people expect from lovecraft which is indescribable horror.

Will persist with one or two more episodes, but so far its been very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Gave up three quarters of the way through Ep 2, having found Ep 1 quite decent. But I found myself getting really annoyed at Ep 2 and just got a bad feeling about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: At the start I was like..
    hey that's Ando from the Heros TV show. 5 minutes later...
    :eek:
    Once her powers of knowledge were revealed, I could guess how she'd end up knowing what happens to Atticus. I'd thought his heritage might have survived a full on encounter.

Slydice wrote: »
    6: At the start I was like..
    hey that's Ando from the Heros TV show. 5 minutes later...
    :eek:
    Once her powers of knowledge were revealed, I could guess how she'd end up knowing what happens to Atticus. I'd thought his heritage might have survived a full on encounter.

That was a warning about the future but in any Lovecraft story the main characters are screwed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I haven't taken to it at all, but Ep. 6 was a fantastic episode that could probably just be watched on its own, better than any of the 'Twilight Zone' reboot episodes by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have only watched the first two episodes, first one was decent enough, but the second....completely fell off a cliff for me.

The first episode had really rich visuals and decent story building in general, second was just so cheesy, full of ropey CGI, and the dialogue/behaviors weren't remotely realistic, even within the context of the fantasy setting.

I will watch more and see, but that Episode 2 was a rare HBO dud for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that latest episode was crap. I only seen the first 30 mins but got bored of it. I don't know how anyone else here thinks it was any good it was not even linked up with the rest of the episodes. It's like they said let's throw on episode in there where she is talking korean and there Is subtitles and that has nothing to do with the rest of the series. Worst episode so far. Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

Of course it’s linked up with the rest of the episodes. It’s the person who he was speaking with on the phone. And a main reason why Atticus is the was he is.

I liked it anyways...interesting characters and backdrop. I liked how the relationship between Atticus and Ji-ah developed.

I’m enjoying the series, not sure how anyone could find it boring. There is heaps happening.

AMKC wrote: »
    Well that latest episode was crap. I only seen the first 30 mins but got bored of it. I don't know how anyone else here thinks it was any good it was not even linked up with the rest of the episodes. It's like they said let's throw on episode in there where she is talking korean and there Is subtitles and that has nothing to do with the rest of the series. Worst episode so far. Absolute rubbish.

God, you really didn't take any of it in. WHO do you think was talking Korean?

I did think it was odd that they glossed over what caused the war. The Americans just show up. Everyone would have known the North invaded the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

Birneybau wrote: »
    God, you really didn't take any of it in. WHO do you think was talking Korean?

The Koreans. :confused:

Are you mixing up the Vietnamese war with the Korean ?

• Advertisement

oleras wrote: »

It said Korea in the intro.

Clue is in the episode title

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu

No. Tic fought in the Korean war.

Im more confused than i was watching Dark now...lol

Im more confused than i was watching Dark now...lol

That whole episode was a flashback. Tic is America is the current timeline.

Birneybau wrote: »
    That whole episode was a flashback. Tic is America is the current timeline.

Not about the show, just the last 5 or 6 posts...:pac:

Not about the show, just the last 5 or 6 posts...:pac:

Tic fought in the Korean War, after WW2, before Vietnam.

Lovecraft Country is set in the 50s.

Korean War was 25 June 1950 – 27 July 1953

Episode 7 is all kinds of weird

Series is becoming a disjointed mess

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Episode of 2 halves really.

At the start it was getting fairly positive but then the eerie intro music brought it back down to earth.

That second half was kinda cool. Very scifi dream like the intro in the first episode. I wonder if they are linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

more upset that his father is
    gay
    then that he killed a person in the previous but 1 episode...

why didn't those guys use their guns?

Advertisement